Windows 10: Need to override past admin. p/w

Discus and support Need to override past admin. p/w in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop that had windows 7 when purchased. I up graded to windows 10 with no problem, but my grandson made himself admin. and can't give... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JIMKENNEDY3, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Need to override past admin. p/w

I have a Dell laptop that had windows 7 when purchased. I up graded to windows 10 with no problem, but my grandson made himself admin. and can't give me the right p/w to make changes, when needed. Any help would be appreciated. How do I get back to where I can do what I need to do.

:)

JIMKENNEDY3, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 9, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Uninstall problem

Open the Admin Command Prompt:
    • diskpart
    • List disk
    • select disk # where # is the disk that contains hidden partitions
    • list par
    • select partition #
    • delete partition OVERRIDE
    • repeat steps 5 & 6 for the additional hidden partitions.
    • exit
    OR:
    if you want to clean the whole disk, after step 3 above
    Type: clean
    Type: exit

topgundcp, Aug 9, 2018
  4. JATownes Win User

Need to override past admin. p/w

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Need to override past admin. p/w

1. Need to override past admin. p/w - Similar Threads - Need override past

2. Lost recovery key, need to override

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost recovery key, need to override: Motherboard failure caused system shutdown. Repair and restart requires a recovery key. Microsoft account stores only the last recovery key, and I have subsequently installed Windows11 on another computer. Therefore, I have lost this one. Microsoft does not warn or even...
  3. Lost recovery key, need to override

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost recovery key, need to override: Motherboard failure caused system shutdown. Repair and restart requires a recovery key. Microsoft account stores only the last recovery key, and I have subsequently installed Windows11 on another computer. Therefore, I have lost this one. Microsoft does not warn or even...
  4. Override admin restrictions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Override admin restrictions?: Hi there I bought a pretty decent laptop at a garage sale for dirt cheap because the guy said it was an old work machine that he’d lost/forgotten the password for. Anyway, I managed to reset the admin password and log in using win4key but I still can’t run .exe files etc......
  5. Can't make changes without supplying admin p/w

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't make changes without supplying admin p/w: So, I have one computer on my network that someone must have been playing with and now I can't make any changes at all! When I tried to check settings for remote software I was having trouble with, I was prompted for my password not unexpected. Instead of being granted...
  6. Sign in without p/w issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in without p/w issue: Did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated it to the version shown. Trying to eliminate the need for p/w at sign in, I ran netplwiz as I have always done. Top USER ACCOUNTS is from the Install I've been upgrading for a long time Bottom USER ACCOUNTS is from today's clean...
  7. Sign in without p/w issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sign in without p/w issue: Did a clean install of Windows 10 and updated it to the version shown. Trying to eliminate the need for p/w at sign in, I ran netplwiz as I have always done. Top USER ACCOUNTS is from the Install I've been upgrading for a long time Bottom USER ACCOUNTS is from today's clean...
  8. Resetting login p/w:

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Resetting login p/w:: Which it the best way to reset a windows 10 login P/W? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-login-pw/f1c0dae4-dc22-4310-b372-7fb6a7e0b953
  9. Need to bypass/otherwise get past current admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to bypass/otherwise get past current admin password: Long story short, I need to install some software on my laptop to help with school. In order to use the software I need to put in the administrator password. However I am not technically the administrator of my laptop even though I am the only one who uses it. My father is...
  10. [Help] Need Admin. Rights to do a simply copy paste.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    [Help] Need Admin. Rights to do a simply copy paste.: Why? Why do I need to confirm this? I'm the Admin in my system. Is there a way to disable this stuff? I got rid of UAC (thank God!) but now this. I saw this in Windows 8 a while back in a friend's laptop and I didn't understand it. Please, people tell me there is a way to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. admin p.w.