Windows 10: Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software?

Discus and support Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a thumb drive which Windows Disk Management Command line tricks won't fix. Does anyone recommend a third party software for this? 111531 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Jun 3, 2018.

1. The Pool Man Win User

Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software?

I have a thumb drive which Windows Disk Management Command line tricks won't fix. Does anyone recommend a third party software for this?

:)

The Pool Man, Jun 3, 2018
  2. LHL711 Win User

usb 3.0 thumb drive not working or recognized

I have a usb thumb drive that is not being read or recognized by my computer. It is listed in devices as unspecified and have done the troubleshooting with no success. The status for this device states "Driver error" and "Needs troubleshooting". As I
    stated, I have tried to troubleshoot but without success.

I do not want to reformat the drive as I need the information on the device. Is their any way to repair the driver on the usb without losing the information? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LHL711, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Eeshwar Kumar Win User
    Reformatted thumb drive

Hello John,

Thank you for getting back to us with the requested information. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select
      device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    • Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software?

1. Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software? - Similar Threads - Need reformat USB

2. Most minimalinstallpossible , third party firewalls?

in Windows 10 Support
    Most minimalinstallpossible , third party firewalls?: So... I only use windows for PC gaming. I'm running into the brick wall that new hardware simply isn't supported in Windows 7. I do not want any of the new features of windows 10, just hardware support for my 8'th gen processor and GTX 1070... What is the most basic,...
  3. 1607 Dark Theme Third Party?

in Windows 10 Customization
    1607 Dark Theme Third Party?: I mean Dark Theme for ALL the windows of course... 59034
  4. Software to sync folders on PC and USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software to sync folders on PC and USB thumb drive: it cant be simpler robcopy d:\work c:\work /mirror thats its just change the folders names it doesnt get any simpler You are so right, job done and lots of time saved. Thanks for your help and thanks to all contributers to the thread, it all helps. Cheers Daniel
  5. Why won't some third-party software install or update?

Why won't some third-party software install or update?: For example, with an internet connection and firewall and AV disabled, turbotax fails to update: [img] And for Chrome installation: [img] These are only 2 examples. The problem appears to have started with a Win-10 update. Turbotax can be updated offline, but...
  6. Any Recommendations , need music player for android

Any Recommendations , need music player for android: Good Day Gentlemen I am Interested In Stellio But i am looking for a good player PLUS i can download music with it also I have been searching on how to download music with stellio but no Results thanks guys 60828
  7. Third party software installation

Third party software installation: My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading. I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message required priviledge is not held...
  8. MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software...: Greetings y'all, I've got a situation over here. I have two MS Lifecam HD-3000 USB webcams that I use for surveillance. For years, I've used a program called Contacam, put out by one fellow somewhere over in the UK (Contaware.com - Video Surveillance and Graphics Software)....
  9. Third-party driver updater.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third-party driver updater.: Is there a reasonably safe third party program for mass checking and then updating drivers? Or would it be better for me not to open up that can of worms. And if so is there a way to do the same thing in windows Device Manager? 34032
  10. Google reducing Chrome crashes caused by third-party software

in Windows 10 News
    Google reducing Chrome crashes caused by third-party software: Roughly two-thirds of Windows Chrome users have other applications on their machines that interact with Chrome, such as accessibility or antivirus software. In the past, this software needed to inject code in Chrome in order to function properly; unfortunately, users with...