Windows 10: Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software?

Discus and support Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a thumb drive which Windows Disk Management Command line tricks won't fix. Does anyone recommend a third party software for this? 111531 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software?

I have a thumb drive which Windows Disk Management Command line tricks won't fix. Does anyone recommend a third party software for this?

:)

The Pool Man, Jun 3, 2018
  2. LHL711 Win User

usb 3.0 thumb drive not working or recognized

I have a usb thumb drive that is not being read or recognized by my computer. It is listed in devices as unspecified and have done the troubleshooting with no success. The status for this device states "Driver error" and "Needs troubleshooting". As I
    stated, I have tried to troubleshoot but without success.

I do not want to reformat the drive as I need the information on the device. Is their any way to repair the driver on the usb without losing the information? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LHL711, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Reformatted thumb drive

Hello John,

Thank you for getting back to us with the requested information. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select
      device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    • Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software?

1. Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software? - Similar Threads - Need reformat USB

2. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  3. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  4. 'Wake' permissions for third party software?

'Wake' permissions for third party software?: I have a PVR card and associated software on my win 11 system. The PC is primarily used for OTA TV viewing, recording, streaming, and Blue ray/DVD playback. currently I'm working a couple issues with the PVR software. 1 I need to find the setting to allow that software to...
  5. how to mute mic without any third party software

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to mute mic without any third party software: how to mute mic without any third party software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mute-mic-without-any-third-party-software/8367f5e7-90c0-4eea-afac-ae618c9fc9fd
  6. third party software update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    third party software update: I have a windows server 2012 standalone server and two user. one is normal user and another one is administrator user. Normal user have internet connection but administrator user have no internet access. In this situation how can I update third party software like "adobe "....
  7. Recommendations for third party software to stop updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommendations for third party software to stop updates: Hi everyone, i know this gets posted alot but ive had it with the constant updates. I recently started a business and missed a deadline yesterday because i took a 20 minute break before reviewing a report and came back to a 40 minute update. I use about 5 programs and visit...
  8. Full backup without any third party software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full backup without any third party software?: Im new to windows 10, but on my older HP laptop, there was a partition called recovery which basically helped me reinstall windows if my laptop got busted and my new one doesnt. So I was wondering if there is a tool thats already installed by MS or something to do the job....
  9. Online Activation of a third party software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Online Activation of a third party software: Hi! I have this problem and don't know what to do. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 21/01/2019 1:30:17 PM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  10. Third party software installation

Third party software installation: My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading. I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message required priviledge is not held...