Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software?

Discus and support Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a thumb drive which Windows Disk Management Command line tricks won't fix. Does anyone recommend a third party software for this? 111531 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Jun 3, 2018.

1. The Pool Man Win User

I have a thumb drive which Windows Disk Management Command line tricks won't fix. Does anyone recommend a third party software for this?

:)

The Pool Man, Jun 3, 2018
  2. LHL711 Win User

usb 3.0 thumb drive not working or recognized

I have a usb thumb drive that is not being read or recognized by my computer. It is listed in devices as unspecified and have done the troubleshooting with no success. The status for this device states "Driver error" and "Needs troubleshooting". As I
    stated, I have tried to troubleshoot but without success.

I do not want to reformat the drive as I need the information on the device. Is their any way to repair the driver on the usb without losing the information? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LHL711, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Eeshwar Kumar Win User
    Reformatted thumb drive

Hello John,

Thank you for getting back to us with the requested information. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select
      device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    • Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to reformat USB Thumb -- any recommended third party software? - Similar Threads - Need reformat USB

2. Wifi, bluetooth and other software failing after W10 updating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi, bluetooth and other software failing after W10 updating: Since last June, wireless devices are turned off, several days the speakers also, and DVD works bad. I've attempted many solutions but there is no success: DISM (no fails detected), updating Win drivers, updating Dell drivers -all of them are ok- but problem persists....
  3. Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard: Hi, My laptop is displaying the Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon, but when I open the dashboard, I cannot find anything to resolve. I also have Avast installed. Best...
  4. when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont...: when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont know what they are. How can I log in on my notebook?...
  5. The picture on my screen is sideways and I need to get it back to a horizontal look>

in Windows 10 Customization
    The picture on my screen is sideways and I need to get it back to a horizontal look>: For some reason my screen is now sideways and I can't figure out how to change it back to a horizonal look. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/the-picture-on-my-screen-is-sideways-and-i-need-to/7b3ae882-32f3-40b6-853a-4ea44a6f3bd1
  6. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098: The laptop of my girlfriend froze when we tried to move a big chunk of pictures from a phone to the laptop. After a restart it didnt load up windows 10 anymore. The laptop only shows the "Boot Menu" and gives the option to pick between two PCI LANs. We tried repairing the...
  7. Surface Studio not read any SD Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Studio not read any SD Card: This issue started 2 days ago No matter what SD Card I put in, the Surface Studio does not see it. I tried the Trouble Shooting but nothing came up and also try updating Please assist....
  8. USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10): Hi there, I have a problem with my USB headset (Plantronics Blackwire C520-M). Windows is telling me that the device isn't recognized. The device manager shows "Device Descriptor Request Failed". It happened very suddenly; while I was listening to music (everything as...
  9. i need help removing windows organization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i need help removing windows organization: i have windows 10 pro on my pc and i cant use my camera because it says some setting are managed by your organization and idk how to fix this some one help me...
  10. windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error: auto run setup error how to fix please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-10-iso-file-to-usb-but-its-not-working-set/5d6c92b0-b7c7-447e-b2cc-41fa27052bc4