Windows 10: Need To Return To Windows 7 Home

Discus and support Need To Return To Windows 7 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have really no good reason to hate Windows 10, but, I get frustrated trying to deal with 10. I would guess it would take time to get real involved in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FD611V, Nov 15, 2015.

1. FD611V Win User

Need To Return To Windows 7 Home

I have really no good reason to hate Windows 10, but, I get frustrated trying to deal with 10. I would guess it would take time to get real involved in using the new Windows 10. I loved Windows 7, and know how it's operates and to deal with any issues. So, here I am three or so months into the use of Win 10, and cannot go back to Win 7 by what all says it can be done.

I would like to try this... I have a set (3 disc) that came with the computer I bought from HP. It's the recovery or restore disc that I can make a complete recovery of the hard drive, etc. So, does anyone know if this can be done just by doing such to get back to Windows 7 Home?

:)

FD611V, Nov 15, 2015

2. Want to return from Windows 10 to Windows 7; need to move user account back to original location

When I try to return from Windows 10 to Windows 7 (using recover), I get a message that a user account (not mine) was moved and I need to return it to its original location before I can proceed. I have no idea how the user account was moved nor can I
    find how to return it to its original location. Anyone know how to do this? I have no problem deleting this user account, but I don't want to delete it and find I've created a bigger problem.

YohananBen-Shalom, Nov 15, 2015
  3. I'd like to return to my Widows 7 Home Premium

You are allowed to revert back to Windows 7 within a month of upgrading, but after that day, you can not go back.

1. Go to settings on your Windows 10 device. If you can't find it, you can use "Cortana".

2. Open the "Update & security" menu.

3. From this menu, select "Recovery" from the left.

4. You should now see a section on the right titled, "Go back to Windows 7". Simply select "Get Started" below this, and Windows should guide you through the required steps.

Your device will need to be plugged into power in order to revert. I hope that this information was helpful!

ScottyMcDonald, Nov 15, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

There's no crime in liking another OS. and 7 is a very good one, IMO. I hope you continue to enjoy your computer and Windows 7.

Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Nov 15, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes, you can go back to Windows 7 with the factory computer restore disks. You might have to enter the product key that was on the label on the bottom of the laptop, but probably not. You can also clean install Windows 7 if you have generic Windows 7 discs and a product key that will work with whatever disks you get.

NavyLCDR, Nov 15, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I would strongly recommend you create an image backup of Windows 10 before you regress to Windows 7. Then if something goes wrong or you change your mind, it's a 20 minute job to return to Windows 10. Macrium Reflect is a good choice for software and an external hard drive is the best place to store it.

Ztruker, Nov 15, 2015
  7. FD611V Win User
    There are actual 4 disc. One is a Supplemental Recovery, and the other three are System Recovery #1, #2, and #3. With these disc came a Factory reset Product Key number(s). I contacted Microsoft Support Center, and they tell me this cannot be done, as the Windows 7 C:\\Windows. old folder was deleted after a month . Windows 10 automatically removed the "old" Windows 7 installation files.

FD611V, Nov 15, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

You cannot revert back to Windows 7 from within Windows 10. But you certainly can re-install Windows 7 from the restore disks, windows.old folder has nothing to do with that. You will lose everything stored on your computer if you don't back it up first.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need To Return To Windows 7 Home - Similar Threads - Need Return Home

2. Need Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit disc: I am setting up a Retro console system and would like to use my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit that I still have the authentic certificate and key for. This system will be isolated from any network so I'm not worried about security from the internet. I have looked around for...
  3. Need Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit disc: I am setting up a Retro console system and would like to use my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit that I still have the authentic certificate and key for. This system will be isolated from any network so I'm not worried about security from the internet. I have looked around for...
  4. Need to return Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to return Windows 11 laptop: I need to return a Windows 11 laptop that I recently purchased. How do I remove all of my personal data from the laptop but retain all data that was initially loaded pre-purchase? I also need to permanently disconnect it from my Microsoft account and OneDrive. I've tried...
  5. Need to return Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to return Windows 11 laptop: I need to return a Windows 11 laptop that I recently purchased. How do I remove all of my personal data from the laptop but retain all data that was initially loaded pre-purchase? I also need to permanently disconnect it from my Microsoft account and OneDrive. I've tried...
  6. Return Windows 10 Home License

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Return Windows 10 Home License: Hi I would like to return the license of Windows 10 that I purchased. I did use it on a macbook pro that I recently returned. Please advise and thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-windows-10-home-license/53baefdd-65b2-4a4f-b3cc-1cd047b35b8a
  7. Will Microsoft return to Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will Microsoft return to Windows 7?: Let’s have a chat here. Windows 10 has been making updates that has so many bugs. The apps like the Settings app are far more broken then the Program versions. I’m here seeing a Calculator Program is more faster and efficent then the Calculator App, which takes up some screen...
  8. Return to Windows 10 Home not Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Return to Windows 10 Home not Pro: I want to go back to Windows 10 Home 64bit I accidentally upgraded to Pro where I can't re-activated Windows on both machines Laptop which doesn't support Pro and the same goes for the desktop but then I enter another product key for Home and comes up as Education on Laptop,...
  9. Returning Windows 10 Home

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Returning Windows 10 Home: What is the process for obtaining a return of purchase price (May 8) for Windows 10 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/returning-windows-10-home/e93cd5df-e942-459f-8a6e-71fcb4841bf9"
  10. How do I return to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I return to Windows 7: Hello Windows 10 experts, Windows 10 has been a frustrating problem and huge annoyance for me! I won't go into all of the crashes and problems. There is nothing in this operating system that I find of value! *Mad I would rather return to Windows 7. How can I do that...