Windows 10: Need to stop application windows moving and resizing

Discus and support Need to stop application windows moving and resizing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Im running 3 monitors. When windows goes to sleep and wakes all the open applications are moved between displays and resized. I've google'd and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Taborious, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Taborious Win User

Need to stop application windows moving and resizing

Im running 3 monitors. When windows goes to sleep and wakes all the open applications are moved between displays and resized. I've google'd and found some topics but, with no resolution. I'd like to be able to pin/stick an application to a display. One monitor is just a 7" display inside my case showing metrics stats. I only want it running there as well as nothing else ever moving to that display. Im open to third party support options as well...

Asus Formula IX (intel 7700)
    GTX1080ti (all 3 displays connect to this card)

:)

Taborious, Sep 22, 2017
  2. CJTre Win User

Multiple display resizing

Still experiencing the same issue. I've updated the drivers, but windows still expand to unworkable dimensions when moved between screens. Internet Explorer does not resize, however, all other applications (MS Office, etc.) continue to resize to unusable
    proportions.

CJTre, Sep 22, 2017
  3. Windows won't stop resizing/moving.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Glad to know that the issue is resolved. We appreciate you for sharing the feedback. Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future. We'll be more than happy to assist you again.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Sep 22, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there, Taborious. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

Has it always done this or is it of recent?

I assume your video driver up to date?

Tony K, Sep 22, 2017
  5. Taborious Win User
    Its always done this. Drivers are up to date

Taborious, Sep 23, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    I'm wondering if the 7" display is messing things up. Great idea BTW.

Just a shot in the dark. > Would it be possible to wire the 7" as a separate monitor to a different port on your card? Or if you also have onboard graphics wire it to that? I'm thinking the driver for the card will manage the 2 large monitors and the driver for the onboard graphics would manage the 7". I'm simply thinking they may have to be separated some how. Possibly a second card for it?

You may want to link this question on one of the threads in these forums instead:

Gaming - Windows 10 Forums

Graphic Cards - Windows 10 Forums

You may also want to press the *Warning link under your OP and ask admin to move it to one of those. I think you'd get better exposure there.

Tony K, Sep 24, 2017
  7. Taborious Win User
    Ive asked the admin to move the post. Its not the 7" screen though. I've unplugged it, power and HDMI, and window does the same thing with just my two main monitors. My main monitor is a Samsumg 4k, the other is just an old 19" HP. I see nothing and have been unable to find anything on google for window setting display options for programs

Taborious, Sep 25, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

Ok. I think it to be a good decision. As you can see I'm not knowledgeable with this. I hope I at least pointed you in the right direction. I'm sure the other threads will serve you better. I'll be looking in to learn as well. The best of luck to you.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to stop application windows moving and resizing - Similar Threads - Need stop application

2. Windows 11:Can't move or resize windows/applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11:Can't move or resize windows/applications: I updated windows not too long ago and now my application windows don't want to move or resize. It's pretty annoying. All I can do is make the application full screen and minimize it. I can right click it and select move and then move the application with my arrow keys but...
  3. Windows 11:Can't move or resize windows/applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11:Can't move or resize windows/applications: I updated windows not too long ago and now my application windows don't want to move or resize. It's pretty annoying. All I can do is make the application full screen and minimize it. I can right click it and select move and then move the application with my arrow keys but...
  4. stop window automatic resize

in Windows 10 Customization
    stop window automatic resize: I want to stop window resize. I cannot find Multi Task on Control Panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-window-automatic-resize/1d1af6de-de01-4e77-9cd1-4d83d71271ad
  5. Windows Automatically Moving and Resizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Automatically Moving and Resizing: Hello,Occasionally, when I wake my laptop up from Sleep Mode, windows will randomly resize and move through out the screen. Please see the attached picture for an example. Before I put my laptop on Sleep Mode, all three Sticky Notes were the same size as "Note A" and "Note...
  6. Application Window resized by itself randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Window resized by itself randomly: Since 3 weeks, when opening an app MS edge, Chrome, Photoshop, etc the magnifier open in the address bar and the screen size of the app is reduced without any interactions from my side. This happen even if not touching the keyboard or the mouse. Some time it reduce by one...
  7. DisplayPort Monitors and Windows Resizing/Moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DisplayPort Monitors and Windows Resizing/Moving: I built a new setup using a 38" LG ultrawide and a 27" LG in portrait both connected with DisplayPort to a RTX 3070 FE. Every time the monitors turn off or the PC goes into sleep, when waking my windows resize and move monitors. I've tried every "fix" I can find online and...
  8. moving and resizing objects and pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving and resizing objects and pictures: Since the latest update, I can not move and adjust picture sizes in the same manner as I have been doing using standard laptop contols. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-and-resizing-objects-and-pictures/de5df779-3555-4e14-8637-b87c2b395e32
  9. Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown: New desktop computer, so had to go with Windows 10 Professional, upgraded from Win 7 Pro, and I hate 10 more every day. Every time the computer goes to sleep or is shut down, my windows are all re-sized and moved to the top left corner of the screen. This is indescribably...
  10. How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game: I'm trying to figure out how to stop windows from moving around and resizing when I alt+tab out of a game like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. It gets annoying and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to stop doing that. Any help is much appreciated. If it helps to know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop resizing when an game runs with multiple monitors