Windows 10: Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver

Discus and support Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello all, Is there a way to stop Windows 10 from updating my video driver? Thanks much. 101752 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Starkman, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Starkman Win User

Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver

Hello all,

Is there a way to stop Windows 10 from updating my video driver?

Thanks much.

:)

Starkman, Jan 4, 2018

2. System_Service_Error dxgmms2.sys BSOD

If Microsoft wants people to use Windows 10, they need to stop causing problems like this.

This also happened to me. Windows decided it was going to change the video driver even though I installed the most recent one from Nvidia.

So unless Microsoft is going to QA every software update, they need to stop "updating" these drivers.

randomname00, Jan 4, 2018
  3. windows updating video driver when i have the current driver from nvidia.

windows updating video driver when i have the current driver from nvidia. my card works fine until update keeps installing microsofts update, making my card not work right. there's no way to stop that update from installing in windows 10. MS needs to fix
    that. my card is nvidia geforce 240gts

BradBehrens, Jan 4, 2018
  4. Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver

Caledon Ken, Jan 4, 2018
  5. Starkman Win User
    This utility is already there and set to 1, and no it isn't working...BUT I discovered that, apparently, an MS update changed my setting to Yes from No with regard to whether Windows should download manufacturer's drivers and install them (Advanced System Settings > Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings). This may well do it. We'll see.

Thanks much.

Starkman, Jan 4, 2018
  6. Yes the major updates reset that value / setting. So FCU would have reset.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver

1. Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver - Similar Threads - Need Stop updating

2. Cant stop windows from updating gpu driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant stop windows from updating gpu driver: Need help because i tried every solution to prevent windows from updating amd gpu driver. Nothing works and its making me furious. Local group policy, registry and other things. Windows always manages to slide that gpu update when installing new system just after plugging...
  3. Cant stop windows from updating gpu driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant stop windows from updating gpu driver: Need help because i tried every solution to prevent windows from updating amd gpu driver. Nothing works and its making me furious. Local group policy, registry and other things. Windows always manages to slide that gpu update when installing new system just after plugging...
  4. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  5. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  6. How to stop windows from updating drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows from updating drivers?: Before any generic response comes to annoy me even more than windows's **** update policy, i have selected "no" in device installation settings. Nothing happened. I have disabled anything related to windows update handling drivers in the registry, nothing happened. At the...
  7. Need to Stop HP Driver Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to Stop HP Driver Update: Win 10 Pro on HP Envy PC. Windows Update is presenting an HP USB update (from 2012) with status "Pending Install". This appeared a few days ago so I installed it which resulted in USB problems with my HP printer. That is, could not print any more. Poked around and found an...
  8. Need to Stop HP Driver Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need to Stop HP Driver Update: Win 10 Pro on HP Envy PC. Windows Update is presenting an HP USB update (from 2012) with status "Pending Install". This appeared a few days ago so I installed it which resulted in USB problems with my HP printer. That is, could not print any more. Poked around and found an...
  9. How to stop Windows from updating my video driver!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Windows from updating my video driver!: Greetings all, Windows 10 Ver 1607 OS Build 14393.693 Windows insists on updating my NVidia graphic driver. I'd REALLY like this to stop; I'll decide when I want to update my video driver, thank you! I've rolled back the driver, but, inevitably, Windows will update...
  10. Video Drivers Stopping Windows 10 From Booting.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Drivers Stopping Windows 10 From Booting.: I will state now that I have figured out how to fix the problem but preventing it from happening I haven't figured out yet. The problem is video drivers stopping windows 10 from boot. I have a Asus 560 ti and Intel HD3000 (onboard) in my PC. Generally what happens is...