Windows 10: Need to transfer a Win 10 Swedish language pack to Win 7

Discus and support Need to transfer a Win 10 Swedish language pack to Win 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to somehow copy and transfer my Win 10 Swedish language pack to Win 7 as it's far better and quicker than my old one on Win 7....? 97137 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arcadian, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Arcadian Win User

Need to transfer a Win 10 Swedish language pack to Win 7

Is it possible to somehow copy and transfer my Win 10 Swedish language pack to Win 7 as it's far better and quicker than my old one on Win 7....?

:)

Arcadian, Nov 2, 2017
  2. Lokisama Win User

Will we be able to choose language upon install of windows 10

I got Win 7 professional so I should get the Win 10 Pro glad to hear that I can change it to English after that, I originally wanted to get English OS but my store was out of them so I settled for my native language thinking I could later change the language
    but turns out the Win 7 version I bought doesn't support changing the OS language so happy about this news thank you for the replies

Lokisama, Nov 2, 2017
  3. Cortana Not available

Ok got it. Shame that having set my country that the rest cannot just follow on installation. Win 10 not quite user friendly.

I needed to download a language pack, followed by a speech pack! and now it works. Sheesh, bring back Win 7.

CarrotMuseum, Nov 2, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

It's not possible, not even theoretically.

A language pack translates dialogs, menus, error messages, notifications, Start menu, everything in selected language. As all these are totally different in various Windows versions, it is of course quite clear you can't use a Windows 10 language pack in Windows 7 or 8 or any other than Windows 10.

If clean installing Windows 10 version 1709, you can't even install language packs for Windows 10 version 1703. A language pack must always be and always is for specific Windows version.

Kari, Nov 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Need to transfer a Win 10 Swedish language pack to Win 7 - Similar Threads - Need transfer Swedish

2. Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to Win 10: I have the Windows 7 home edition. by the time I changed it to Win 10 and then due a virus I formatted my disks. Right now, I want to activate the win 10 new installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/d8f511b9-2035-4fc5-aa6b-b48dfce47dcc
  3. Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10: Is there a way to transfer passwords from IE in windows 7 to IE in windows 10? I've tried the registry export trick with no luck and the IE passview is being blocked as a virus. The only reason I need to do this is because I'm upgrading everyone here at my company to windows...
  4. Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10: Is there a way to transfer passwords from IE in windows 7 to IE in windows 10? I've tried the registry export trick with no luck and the IE passview is being blocked as a virus. The only reason I need to do this is because I'm upgrading everyone here at my company to windows...
  5. Win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 7 to win 10: Can i transfer old computer win 7 to new win 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/ea48f987-32d1-4b38-9a63-726bfffde42b"
  6. Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10

Can't get Win 7 backup files to transfer into Win 10: I regularly backed up Windows 7, but when I tried to restore those files to Windows 10 I failed. The message is: "\\?\Volume{fe3e2aCa-afca-11e9-8293-00d8613863cd}\ADO-PC\Backup Set 2019-06-03-180002\Backup files 1931p" There are of course several backup sets but...
  7. Transfer Win 7 Network settings to new Win 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Win 7 Network settings to new Win 10 PC: Hi, I have a hard-wired network but the main combined PC/Server is past its best. Have bought a new PC with Windows 10 and wonder if I can transfer my Network settings from the old Win 7 PC so communication protocols between the PC's will be seamless - or do I have to reset...
  8. Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it. When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download. Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a...
  9. win 7 to win 10

win 7 to win 10: hello,im having the icon down the task bar for reserve my win 10,i did it in advance,but what benefits i get?is it a full version or a trial?do i get updates?do i have to install it on win 7 just an upgrade?can i reverse to win 7?do i have any setup for further use? hope...
  10. Can't Install language pack on Win 10 Build 11082

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Install language pack on Win 10 Build 11082: well... the title sais it all, I've tried installing the language packs using windows updates, or directly downloading and installing using lpsetup.exe... It always starts the installation, then it fails at the end.*Mad 35438