Windows 10: Need to uninstall/reinstall printer after EVERY windows 10 update!

Discus and support Need to uninstall/reinstall printer after EVERY windows 10 update! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 updates a lot, and with every update I have to uninstall then reinstall my hp aio printer! Having the latest driver doesn't prevent this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by beach bum, Dec 23, 2016.

1. beach bum Win User

Need to uninstall/reinstall printer after EVERY windows 10 update!

Windows 10 updates a lot, and with every update I have to uninstall then reinstall my hp aio printer! Having the latest driver doesn't prevent this. Does anyone know how to avoid this?

:)

beach bum, Dec 23, 2016
  2. rustym Win User

Printer doesn't work after installing Windows 10 Creators update

After installing windows 10 creators update my Dell AIO 966 printer wont work, even after uninstalling the printer and reinstalling the printer driver. It worked fine with the prior windows 10 version

rustym, Dec 23, 2016
  3. MP210 No longer works after upgrading Windows

After upgrading to Windows 10, my Cannon MP210 no longer works. After using the "help" section within windows, I was instructed to uninstall and reinstall. Now I have an error message that there are no printers detected. Tried to reinstall manually, the
    error message is that there are no drivers for this printer compatible with Windows 10. How do I either fix this or uninstall the update of windows?

Thanks.

Momma doodle, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Need to uninstall/reinstall printer after EVERY windows 10 update!

Welcome to the Tenforums.

In reading your description I wasn't sure if you actually roll back your driver to get it to work.

One thing you may want to try is to tell Windows not to update hardware drivers. Not sure why it would if you had latest but ....
    Stop Windows Updating Drivers
    Right click on Windows Start
    Click on Control Panel
    Click on System and Security
    Click on System
    Click on Advance system settings
    Click on Hardware tab
    Click on Device Installation Settings
    Click on No
    A menu appears (first time) click Never Install driver software.
    You may get a warning. Click the option that says I’ll take care of it (not exact words)

To re-enable follow the instructions again and click Yes.

Caledon Ken, Dec 26, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    I use to have the same problem with my HP AIO using the wifi. My solution was a little on the expensive side but it worked. I gave the HP to my son and bought a Epson AIO.

Winuser, Dec 27, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Yep. I just installed 1607 on my desktop PC and W10 installed its own drivers for my Canon Pixma Pro printer and lost my printer profiles. I soon reinstalled the 'official' Canon drivers and recovered my profiles from backup. At least W10 could warn you what will be replaced - another example pf sloppy MS software engineering.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need to uninstall/reinstall printer after EVERY windows 10 update!

1. Need to uninstall/reinstall printer after EVERY windows 10 update! - Similar Threads - Need uninstall reinstall

2. Uninstalling & Reinstalling Printer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling & Reinstalling Printer on Windows 11: Hi everyone, I was having an issue with my HP Printer web services as I subscribe to HP Instant Ink, so I reset the printer and removed the HP Smart App from my Windows 11 Laptop & removed the Printer from the device manager.After resetting the Printer I re-installed HP Smart...
  3. Uninstalling & Reinstalling Printer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling & Reinstalling Printer on Windows 11: Hi everyone, I was having an issue with my HP Printer web services as I subscribe to HP Instant Ink, so I reset the printer and removed the HP Smart App from my Windows 11 Laptop & removed the Printer from the device manager.After resetting the Printer I re-installed HP Smart...
  4. Uninstall and reinstall updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall and reinstall updates: I had windows 10 version 1511 previously.I got an feature update to 1903.I used to get 1.5 GB of data a day.I downloaded the update and installed it using the leftover data at night.It took me 4 days to completely install it. It was successful.Later I got another update...
  5. Need To Reinstall Windows Store After A Thorough Uninstall

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need To Reinstall Windows Store After A Thorough Uninstall: hi. I couldn't get Microsoft store to work for the past month...even after the recent win10 update. none of the troubleshooting methods worked to fix it. so...I thought uninstalling and reinstalling might do the trick. I completely uninstalled and now can't get Microsoft...
  6. UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL WINDOWS 10 TO FIX UPDATE

UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL WINDOWS 10 TO FIX UPDATE: Hi, I'm running WINDOWS 10 version 1903 for x64-based system. I've received several updates 2019-09 and 2019-10. I have not been successful in trying to install these updates. I've gotten error code x080070003 and have been working with MS support to resolve this issue....
  7. Reinstall an uninstalled Windows update

Reinstall an uninstalled Windows update: Hello, I have got the following problem. Having had a malfunction and having suspected a Windows update to be the cause, I had to uninstall the update KB4494441. But finally, my problem was not due to this update, so I now want to reinstall it. I downloaded the update...
  8. Need Help to Uninstall Windows 10 and reinstall windows 7

Need Help to Uninstall Windows 10 and reinstall windows 7: I've tried to work with the windows 10 upgrade for couple of years now but find that my system is getting slower and slower no matter how much I remove/clean out in attempts to clear space. So I've decided that I just need to go back to Windows 7 because it is taking too...
  9. Update keeps reinstalling it self after uninstall

Update keeps reinstalling it self after uninstall: The update I want to uninstall causes blue screen to my pc, but it keeps reinstalling it self after I uninstalled it. what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-keeps-reinstalling-it-self-after-uninstall/2217d9f0-d162-4ec5-9457-c7868abbf207
  10. updates uninstall printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    updates uninstall printer: When updating to creators 1703 and 1709 both times it in-installed my printer. I had to reinstall the printer both times. The printer is a HP office jet 4500. How can I prevent this from happening in the future. Note even though I deleted the four MS printers that it seems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I have to reinstall my printer every time windows 10 updates