Windows 10: Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion

Discus and support Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Here's the issue: 1) I get a rainbow-y 'snow' picture when I press any key to 'wake up' the computer from a sleep mode.. I had to shut down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by punkinbee59, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion

Here's the issue:
    1) I get a rainbow-y 'snow' picture when I press any key to 'wake up' the computer from a sleep mode.. I had to shut down the computer and boot back up

2) When I leave the computer on and had to go away for a couple hours.. what happen is that when I come back and press any key to 'wake up' the computer and I know it's ON but then I have a blank (black) screen... I ended up having to shut down the computer and boot back up

Do I need to update the driver? And which driver I need to use? I've looked up some but I need to make sure I have the correct driver for this issue.

Here is the display info:
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
    date: 8/13/2017
    version: 22.20.16.4771

Windows 10 64 Bit
    HP Pavilion (bought it July 2017)

Any info you need please ask me...

Thanks so much

~punkinbee

:)

punkinbee59, Jan 20, 2018

2. HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook Windows 10 Graphic driver

Thanks Syed

I tried your method, I found a driver marked Windows 10

I did try futher in comatibility mode (as suggested) before I ran it. When it came to selecting O/S, everyone from Windows95/Windows 8 was there but not 10, but it's for 10 anyhow, I followed your suggestion to be sure.

I opened the driver (download) and it started to install/installed. It said the resolution needs changing, shall we change it for a better experiance

After re boot the message came up and the conflict is still their?

I ran it again as administrator, It again said the resolution needs changing, shall we change it for a better experiance. I am puzzled at that as it was changed last time. It shows installation progress, but I don't think it's installing, as after I am back
    to square one. Surely also if I installed once it should say it's installed and doesn't need re installation.

After running the installation it says Finished - Thank you for installing / read the log / this file doesn't have a program associated with it. please install a program, or create an association in the default programs control panel?

Much appreciated for your help.

Cheers

John

Johnbarry30, Jan 20, 2018
  3. laptop not shutting down after windows 10 upgrade

Same issue with my HP Pavilion :/

I've two graphics cards (intel+nvidia) updated both's drivers ... No luck :/

The Furqan, Jan 20, 2018
  4. Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion

PolarNettles, Jan 20, 2018
  5. I'm not sure which driver I have to update to the correct one LOL

Is this it?

Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion [​IMG]

6. Used Speccy to get this info:

7. bobkn Win User
    Via our friends at Google:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...D-Graphics-530

The version number is different than that in Post #3, but in an unexpected way.

Should be the correct drivers, but Intel makes things overly confusing.

There is also a slight chance that HP customized their drivers, so that these won't work.

bobkn, Jan 20, 2018
  8. Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion

I tried to update the latest: 12/28/17
    and this came up:

9. Looks like that is the case. I didn't realize manufacturers were still doing this.

So you'll have to get the driver directly from HP. If you provide your model number we can help locate the correct one.

PolarNettles, Jan 20, 2018
  10. OK... what I did was to contact HP via Twitter and provided the specs, model # and a link to this thread to give them a good idea...
    Hope to hear from them soon.

11. Helmut Win User
    With laptops you get the Drivers from the manufacturer or Windows updates.
    You don't need the 'latest', you want a tried and tested one.
    Your graphics driver has obviously been updated, judging by the dates.

However that might not be the problem. It could be one of the system drivers, chipset driver etc.
    I would check all these to see if your versions match what is given for that model with HP support.
    No idea whether HP provides an updater application or whether they lodge drivers with MS updates. But they are the places where you look.

1) and 2) is likely due to low power states of the CPU, hence my comment about system, chipset drivers.

Helmut, Jan 20, 2018
  12. I have a HP Pavilion All in One computer... and you could possibly be right that it may not be a graphic issue.. but that 'snowy' image when I woke up the PC from the sleep mode is a graphic problem.. but having to shut down and then boot up shouldn't have to happen over a simple 'wake up' mode. So it seems to be a system issue. Dang...

13. Word Man Win User

Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion

You shouldn't have to wait on an answer from Twitter. Just go to support.hp.com and enter your serial number (on bottom of machine usually) and look at the most current driver listed and then update as needed.

I will caution you, however, Windows Update may decide to overwrite your manufacturer driver and put right back where you were. That's another can of worms we can address here if that happens.

Word Man, Jan 20, 2018
  14. Does that happen upon a normal shut down and a normal start-up?
    --- If that part is ok, your issue should be based on what’s wrong when waking up the computer.
    See if either one or both of these ideas make a difference
    --- Turn off Hibernate: Command prompt (admin) / powercfg.exe /hibernate off.
    --- Go to Advanced system settings > Performance > Settings > Select Adjust for best performance.
    --- Go into Device Manager and try to update the graphics driver: I suspect it will tell you that you have the latest driver.

Here are a few more ideas

Check out
    Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)
    Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
    Evaluate Intel’s report

Download HP Support Assistant
    HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site
    It includes some features such as checking out the computer.
    Since the computer is less than 1 year old, ask HP if your issue is covered under their standard warranty.
    Although it probably isn’t because their standard warranty usually covers only hardware for the first year, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask.
    On the "couple hours" timeframe, it's probably because the HDD has been turned off by that time. When the screen is black, what happens when you wait some period of time such as 5 minutes?

MeAndMyComputer, Jan 20, 2018
  15. It was definitely a graphic issue... I went to the HP forum and was given a link to update my graphic driver for the HP computer:
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82126.exe

I was able to 'wake up' the computer from the sleep mode
    and I was able to 'wake up' the computer when I was away for 15 minutes...

punkinbee59, Jan 21, 2018
Thema:

Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion

1. Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion - Similar Threads - Need updated Graphic

2. Need help with graphic driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with graphic driver updates: Greetings! I hope everyone is doing well. I have a small issue regarding driver updates. Last year, I bought an HP Victus laptop with an RTX 3060 6GB graphics card, running Windows 11, an Intel Core i5 processor, and 16GB of RAM.I wanted to download some good games that were...
  3. Need help with graphic driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with graphic driver updates: Greetings! I hope everyone is doing well. I have a small issue regarding driver updates. Last year, I bought an HP Victus laptop with an RTX 3060 6GB graphics card, running Windows 11, an Intel Core i5 processor, and 16GB of RAM.I wanted to download some good games that were...
  4. Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver: Hello! I wanted To play minecraft 1.17.1 But it saysi need to update my graphics driver. I am using Integrated graphics of almost 2gb, Open gl 4.4 is required for minecraft. I was playing 1.16.5 and it worked fine.Please Tell me how to update my driver.Thank You!...
  5. Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver: Hello! I wanted To play minecraft 1.17.1 But it saysi need to update my graphics driver. I am using Integrated graphics of almost 2gb, Open gl 4.4 is required for minecraft. I was playing 1.16.5 and it worked fine.Please Tell me how to update my driver.Thank You!...
  6. Need Help For Updating Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. HP Pavilion g6 2213 - Graphics & audio drivers

HP Pavilion g6 2213 - Graphics & audio drivers: For anyone struggling with one of these, here's a link to my Google Drive. These are the drivers I used with Windows 10; HP-G6-laptop - Google Drive IDT High Definition Audio (Dolby) Radeon HD Graphics 183524
  8. need driver for my computer!! hp pavilion dv7 on board camera!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need driver for my computer!! hp pavilion dv7 on board camera!!: no driver in device manager thanks to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-driver-for-my-computer-hp-pavilion-dv7-on/c164c946-38f0-4e61-9d31-a5260edc1a6b
  9. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...
  10. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...