Windows 10: Needing some help with icons. I'm trying to change them.

Discus and support Needing some help with icons. I'm trying to change them. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok first of all here's what I've got. [img] Above you will see the current icons I am using. I want to know if its possible to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dawnrenee1988, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Needing some help with icons. I'm trying to change them.

Ok first of all here's what I've got.

Needing some help with icons. I'm trying to change them. [​IMG]

Above you will see the current icons I am using. I want to know if its possible to change the icons for.

Documents,pictures and music on the left side. As well as the folder icons in the Folder (6) section listed as Desktop,Downloads,Pictures,Documents,Music and Videos. I want to know if I can change the outer part but keep the inside.

Ok what I mean first of all you will notice that the folders are plain yellow. Now downloads has a blue downward facing arrow. Is it possible to keep the arrow but replace the arrow with a different looking one as well as replace the folder.

That way I can have the different folder and a different downward facing icon.

I would like to be able to do this with all my folders if possible.

Plus is the folder icons from the left also changed if you change the main folders.

Needing some help with icons. I'm trying to change them. [​IMG]

I would also like to change the file type icons from the image above. For example if you look at the yellow folders I would like to change all of them as well. So that every time I create a new folder it is not yellow. Like the ones in the image. I want a different folder for my picture/music/desktop and so on.

As you can see from the image above the folders are yellow and the ico images are actual images. But the pictures with .jpg are actually the blue and white icons.

Is there a way to show the picture they actually are without needing to click on it. For example .ico are the actual images but .jpg are not. I would like to see the actual images if possible. I would like to make file icons for .mp3 all the same but for image type file I would like to see a sample of the images before needing to click on them.

So from the top picture down.

1. I would like to change the folders for the music but keep the arrow but change the arrow. Because I found a really nice folder but it dose not have the icons on them for music or downloads.

2. I would like to change the library icons. Which I had done before but don't remember how plus I don't know much about windows 10.

3. Some videos are blue and white icons which are the movie board things or orange vlc media cone icons. I would like to change them. The blue ones are file type .mp4 and vlc icons are .flv. There the file type icons.

4. I would like to change the file type icon for music and video files as well as image types. But for images I would like to be able to view the actual image rather then a icon.

If any of this is possible. Please tell me how or point me in the right direction please. That is if anyone can understand me.

I'm still new to all of this.

:)

dawnrenee1988, Aug 8, 2015

2. needing some help with my lg quantum

my windows phone 7 LG Quantum is stuck on the LG start up screen and im not sure how to fix this??????? any help would be greatly appreciated

bensonhenderson, Aug 8, 2015
  3. needing some help with my lg quantum

never mind ill take it to my dealers office they will fix it 4 me

bensonhenderson, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Needing some help with icons. I'm trying to change them.

1. Needing some help with icons. I'm trying to change them. - Similar Threads - Needing help icons

2. Need some help...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help...: So I tried resetting a laptop that used to be my brother's. After it was all done it brought me to the login screen with the same User Account. I tried using the password associated with it and it gave me an error saying "the user profile service failed the sign-in." I found...
  3. Need some help with some icons

Need some help with some icons: [ATTACH] so, recently i customized my desktop using some feature that are inside windows 10 by default, and added custom things by making a background image using some 3D software now what i wanna figure out is, how i do LOCK the icons in place, and no i don't mean make...
  4. Need some helpful help

Need some helpful help: So I was trying to download an editing software, on my Window 10, but I couldn't install it because I was missing opencl.dll, but I found the opencl.dll in File Explorer, so i dragged it in the System32 file. But now i faced with a new problem. My new problem is "the...
  5. need some help

need some help: i have downloaded windows 10 for my mac (my mac is compatible as i have already checked) and i have got some folders that say (in order) - autorun.inf , boot , bootmgr , bootmgr.efi , efi , setpup.exe , sources , support . how do i launch windows 10? submitted by...
  6. I'm gonna need some help with this!

I'm gonna need some help with this!: One day randomly my computer display settings were different. Didnt think anything of it, until I tried to install malwarebtyes to check and see if something got into my pc. Well I couldn't install that, because of an error. I thought oh, I'll just system recovery from a week...
  7. Need some help :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some help :: Hi! I recently update my windows 10 and got this issue: Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182. I followed this question first:...
  8. Hello Windows 10 community I need some help I'm trying to unhide this folder but it's not...

Hello Windows 10 community I need some help I'm trying to unhide this folder but it's not...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DannyLad9862 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3a93w/hello_windows_10_community_i_need_some_help_im/
  9. Need help changing desktop icons

Need help changing desktop icons: Hey, I’ve been trying to change some icons on my desktop folders for some time but can’t seem to get any luck submitted by /u/michalxm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt0lmu/need_help_changing_desktop_icons/
  10. Change Icons Need Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Icons Need Help: How do I change these icons: [img] John 136150