Windows 10: Neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed in the 'web browser' category in the...

Discus and support Neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed in the 'web browser' category in the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Everyone! I have Windows 10, version 1803 installed on my Laptop. Why neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed category in the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by a cooperator, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed in the 'web browser' category in the...

Hi Everyone!

I have Windows 10, version 1803 installed on my Laptop.

Why neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed category in the default apps settings? However, only Google Chrome is there listed.

If I am going to need to let MS Edge be as my web browser, how can I do that?

Neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed in the 'web browser' category in the... 5359ac7d-08fc-4b0a-9dc5-e0ddb37e9578?upload=true.jpg

:)

a cooperator, Jul 18, 2018

2. MS Edge not listed in default browsers

MS Edge has some shortcomings, and I changed my default browser to IE 11 (in Windows 10).

As I've learned some workarounds for some of the Edge shortcomings, I felt I was ready to once again try Edge as my default browser. I went to Settings, System, Default apps, and scrolled to Web browser. Internet Explorer was shown there, of course, I clicked
    it, and the pop-up/drop-down list of available browsers displayed. It showed Internet Explorer, Google Chrome (which is installed), and Search for an app in the Store. Microsoft Edge, which is certainly on my machine and which I use regularly from the icon
    on my taskbar, is not shown as an option in the pop-up/drop-down list.

Why is this, and what must I do to make Edge be my default browser?

(And I swear, if some Microsoft Tech comes here and tells me to go to Settings, System, Default apps, Web browser, and choose Edge from the list, I'm making a nationally publicized walk to Seattle.)

StuckOnWords, Jul 18, 2018
  3. MS Edge not listed in default browsers

I did this and it's still the same thing! I'm going crazy now! I do not see it in my list of programs and it disappeared in my shortcuts as well also when I open my IE the MS Edge option is showing next to the "new tab" option. Plus, the MS Edge listed
    in the program list is not highlighted. It is in an opaque mode, which means I guess it's not being use? I'm not a tekki guy so please bear with me. And I need help URGENTLY!

Edrolin Moises, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed in the 'web browser' category in the...

MS Edge not listed in default browsers

I wrote this above, but maybe you didn't see it:

Go to Control Panel/Default Programs. Then click, "Set your default programs". I find that the easiest way to get to Control Panel is to right-click on the Start button of your taskbar, find Control Panel in the list, then click it. Once the Control Panel
    opens, find Default Programs. Open that (double-click it, for most people). Then click, "Set your default programs".

Once there, wait. It likely will take a number of seconds to populate the list for you. (It takes mine a good ten seconds, and my computer isn't that old.) Once the list opens, you should find both Internet Explorer and Microsoft
    Edge in the list.

Now click on Microsoft Edge. On the right it will give you two choices:

• Set this program as default
    • Choose defaults for this program
    Many different things have need of a browser in order to run. If you want to choose which things use Edge, which things use IE, and which things use some other browser, then
    Choose defaults for this program (of course, you'd have to go to the other browsers and do the same for them). If you want to keep things simple, just choose
    Set this program as default.

Good luck.

StuckOnWords, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed in the 'web browser' category in the...

1. Neither is MS Edge listed, nor is MS IE11 listed in the 'web browser' category in the... - Similar Threads - Neither Edge listed

2. Problems loading MS Lists??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems loading MS Lists??: HiI use MS Lists for a number of things and find it pretty useful. However, just in recent weeks I've started experiencing a never before experienced problem which is that the list loads but only about a quarter of it, there's an error message at the bottom see image. For...
  3. Problems loading MS Lists??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems loading MS Lists??: HiI use MS Lists for a number of things and find it pretty useful. However, just in recent weeks I've started experiencing a never before experienced problem which is that the list loads but only about a quarter of it, there's an error message at the bottom see image. For...
  4. Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge - ie11 emulation???: I have a software package, an installation .exe file, that needs IE to work. Is there any way for MS Edge to emulate IE since my version W10 Build 21390.2025 does not include IE and will not permit it to be installed. Any thoughts appreciated. 181784
  5. MS Edge Chromium Browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge Chromium Browser.: Hello Is it possible for the new Edge Chromium browser to automatically open and already have pages that were open in the past . In MS Edge ,it was possible where in user closes Edge opens it and it has pages already/still has the pages open in the past. Regards, Rakesh...
  6. Edge Browser not listed on Exploit Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge Browser not listed on Exploit Protection: When I open the Exploit Protection Program List, how come Edge browser processes are not listed? Or, is there another process name for MS Edge from the Exploit Protection Program List page? However, my guess is that since Edge runs in a Sandboxed protected mode by default,...
  7. Images not displayed in MS Edge web browser

in Browsers and Email
    Images not displayed in MS Edge web browser: I upgraded to Windows 10 last week and everything seems good except an issue I am having when I use MS Edge and also the app Flip. Neither of these will display images. I use Chrome and Opera and every image is displayed right away when I go to a website. But Edge and Flip...
  8. Ms Edge Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge Browser.: I am running windows 10 preview 14393.5. I have the following questions. 1. In ms edge the cast to device is greyed out, is this normal? 2. Will cast to device work with 1st generation google cast device? Henry 57648
  9. ms new edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    ms new edge browser: anyone know when ms plans to allow plugins to work with edge ? is kinda a useless browser without them 19320
  10. MS Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Browser: Just upgraded to new Windows 10 along with the new Edge browser. It has been a terrible experience! How do I move my "favorites" to the left side of my browser? I have tried all the various things posted and Googled on how to move it and to no avail, no success. In addition,...