Windows 10: Neither sleep mode, hibernate and shut down do not work

Discus and support Neither sleep mode, hibernate and shut down do not work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem with shutting down my computer. When i shut down my computer about 4 seconds later when computer is closed. It will open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kertrudm, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Kertrudm Win User

Neither sleep mode, hibernate and shut down do not work

Hi

I have a problem with shutting down my computer. When i shut down my computer about 4 seconds later when computer is closed. It will open the computer. Same problem is with sleep mode and hibernate.

What so i do next?

:)

Kertrudm, Jul 19, 2017
  2. AlLeeKat Win User

Sleep & Power Problems

I tried this and it did not work. I still can't wake my laptop up from sleep mode (or hibernate mode) and when I shut my computer down, it still goes into sleep mode (or hibernate mode).

AlLeeKat, Jul 19, 2017
  3. Screen goes to sleep when I click

Hi Neil,

We would recommend that you check first the Sleep mode on your computer if it was set up or not, to do that you can refer to the article below on for more information about sleep mode.

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Jul 19, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Always check the tutorials first before posting. Run this report for Power diagnostics and post the output from the text file into a attachment. Create Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Run a System Report. Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Follow the steps in this tutorial, do not skip over any. Reset and Restore Power Plans in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    You can see current power scheme with See Active Power Plan Scheme in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

bro67, Jul 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Neither sleep mode, hibernate and shut down do not work - Similar Threads - Neither sleep mode

2. shut down and hibernate not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shut down and hibernate not working: my notebook computer. when I shun down or hibernate, the screen will dark a few seconds and then turn to light. for solve the problem, I have reinstalled in USB flash drive but invalid. I try to turn off fast startup follow advice on Internet. In Administrator cmd, I'm run...
  3. shut down and hibernate not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shut down and hibernate not working: my notebook computer. when I shun down or hibernate, the screen will dark a few seconds and then turn to light. for solve the problem, I have reinstalled in USB flash drive but invalid. I try to turn off fast startup follow advice on Internet. In Administrator cmd, I'm run...
  4. Computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down.: I encountered a bugcheck, and ever since then, my computer won't sleep, hibernate, nor shut down. Any attempts to pause the operation of the computer shows the login screen after a couple seconds of turning the monitor off.Before the bugcheck, pressing the power button...
  5. My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nathan00023 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl4y5r/my_computer_doesnt_shut_down_hibernate_or_go_into/
  6. Computer shuts down instead of sleep/hibernation.

Computer shuts down instead of sleep/hibernation.: Greetings, everyone! <3 I know there had been threads on this topic, but none of those helped me. Here are my PC specs mind you it's PC, not a laptop: Processor: AMD A6-9500 RADEON R4+5, 8 COMPUTE CORES 2C+6G 3.50 GHz RAM: 4 GB Hard: 120 GB SSD System type: 64-bit...
  7. Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue

Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue: Hello, Recently I had replaced new battery and Hard disk for my laptop(HP Pavilion p045tx notebook, 4th i7, 8 GB/1 TB). Then Changed the OS to windows 10 instead of previous 8.1. Till then, the laptop is facing issues with sleep, hibernate & shut down functions. When I...
  8. HIbernate or shut down?

in Windows 10 Support
    HIbernate or shut down?: I've always had the practice of shutting down my home pc/laptop before going to bed. I always used the hibernate option throughout the day while I"m working on it/them. A lot of my friends had their hard drives crashed and always used the hibernate option. This despite the...
  9. Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep: I had problem dual booting win7 and win10. After many attempts I was able to dual boot. But in the process, I deleted "system reserved" partition. So windows want start. I performed start up repair and it solved the problem. After that I reinstalled win7 ultimate which...
  10. Sleep vs. Hibernate vs. Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep vs. Hibernate vs. Shut Down: [Note: I am running Windows 10 on the new Retina MacBook via Boot Camp] I've been a Windows user for 20 years so I know the differences between each of these. But in Windows 10 I am experiencing significant battery drains that are not consistent with the performance from...