Windows 10: Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection

Discus and support Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I continuously get Code: 0x80072EFD in Microsoft Store, but Microsoft Edge as well as Cortana. It will open my settings menu, which again says that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Solinbeb, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Solinbeb Win User

Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection

I continuously get Code: 0x80072EFD in Microsoft Store, but Microsoft Edge as well as Cortana.

It will open my settings menu, which again says that my wifi isn't connected to any network, much less the internet. (which, it is otherwise I sure the hell couldn't be posting this)

I have tried the "solutions" for the above code on the forums, to no avail. I have reset the computer twice, to no avail. I have backed up to my previous set-up to no avail. I can't be the only person having this issue.

I'm running

Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

Build 17134.1

Windows Store

Version 11712.1001.23.0

Microsoft Edge

Version 42.17134.1.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134

:)

Solinbeb, Jul 20, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge and Windows Store not connecting to Internet

Hi Martin,

Those suggestions did not help me connect those applications to the internet Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection :( Do you have any other suggestions? Outlook, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and other programs can access the internet; Cortana, Microsoft Edge, the Windows Store, and the suggested
    Lock Screen wallpaper thing have stopped being able to access.

Thanks,

Samuel

Samuel Lawrence, Oct 16, 2018
  3. edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection

Microsoft Store opening- Internet connection problem error code 0x80072efd

Hi Syed,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing Microsoft Edge and Windows Store with error: 0x80072efd, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if you are using wired/ wireless internet connection on your device?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Use
    Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Internet Connection Troubleshooter find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
      More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on
      Choose what to clear
      under Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
      Clear.
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

Step 3: Run WSReset.exe .

• Press Windows+R key to open Run box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection

1. Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection - Similar Threads - Neither Store nor

2. many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other: I have had my computer for 2 weeks. It came with Windows 11 already installed brand new. Things were working great, but now I suddenly cannot open my photos. I get a message that says "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more info about photos." However, I also...
  3. many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other: I have had my computer for 2 weeks. It came with Windows 11 already installed brand new. Things were working great, but now I suddenly cannot open my photos. I get a message that says "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more info about photos." However, I also...
  4. Inability of W10 to neither recognize nor open a photo from an iPhone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inability of W10 to neither recognize nor open a photo from an iPhone: I know there are several work-arounds and "try this or that's" around, but this should not even be a discussion in 2021. Windows 10 has been around for 6 years now, and through all these many updates and "feature upgrades", this flaw should have been corrected, by Microsoft,...
  5. Windows 10 will not recognize the internet connection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 will not recognize the internet connection: Microsoft Store will not download apps I get this error code :Code: 0x80131500 Windows update, says it cannot not connect to the service I have tried every posted solution to this issue I have found out here going back to 2017 and nothing has fixed this. I am now into my...
  6. Neither windows nor explorer search are working

in Cortana
    Neither windows nor explorer search are working: I don't know what caused this but neither Windows search nor Microsoft Explorer Search are working. I click on them and nothing happens. Can anyone help?...
  7. Neither my Wi-Fi nor my Ethernet connection is working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Neither my Wi-Fi nor my Ethernet connection is working: I have connected to my private network through WiFi as always, but it suddenly did not work the labtop is connected to WiFi but no internet. Then i tried another way of connection which is through ethernet cable and it didn't also work, so i tried to connect to my mobile...
  8. Edge not connecting to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge not connecting to Internet: Edge opens, but has stopped connecting to the internet... It will not find any web site. I get the message: 'Can't reach this page' no matter what HTML I use. The details show: "There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error Code:...
  9. Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps

Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps: Hi everyone, A few days ago, I tried to download an app form the Microsoft store for my Surface Go, but an error message appeared. I then tried downloading another apps, with the same result. I searched in the Internet, and tried several solutions (logging out and then in,...
  10. Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet

Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet: I'm getting error 0x80072EFD and 0x80131500 in Windows Store and Microsoft Edge also refuses to connect to website but everything else works fine (Chrome, Firefox). I upgraded to Windows 10 1809 before it got pulled. I tried all the helps out there (don't use a proxy,...