Windows 10: Net 3.5 framework, cannot install 0x800F081F.

Discus and support Net 3.5 framework, cannot install 0x800F081F. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I tried everything that can be found on the internet, i tried to download from microsoft website, no luck, tried the offline install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rocketbucket, Aug 14, 2015.

1. nation888 Win User

Net 3.5 framework, cannot install 0x800F081F.

<solved> I did the same thing. With no resolve. My computer did some updates few days later. Then I tried activating the Windows feature in Program files and then it worked. It must need a Microsoft update in order to install the framework 3.5... My suggestion would be to simply keep updating then try.

nation888, Apr 1, 2016
  2. snix Win User

Note: My windows 10 installation media (1511) didn't have the required 'sources' folder on it. I had to use the media creation tool to build a dvd which had the required folder.
    Then the following command worked for me!
    dism /online /add-package /packagepath:E:\sources\sxs\microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab

3. jeansaint Win User
    I tried all of the above to no avail. What did work for me was to go to the Windows component option in Control Panel >Programs and Features and check the .Net Framework 3.5 checkbox and the 2 listed under it as well. If I just checked one it didn't work and I got the error code we are all getting. Not sure if this will work for everyone but I have been racking my brain on this and this is the only thing that worked for me.

Net 3.5 framework, cannot install 0x800F081F. [​IMG]

jeansaint, Jul 26, 2016
  4. dhochmuth Win User

This worked for me too, but it's important to note where the "sources" folder is on the USB drive. In my case, the media can install either 32 or 64 bit versions of Windows 10, so I had to add a folder level in my command. In my case, the command (for a 64-bit installation of Windows 10) ended up being:

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:F:\x64\sources\sxs

dhochmuth, Aug 17, 2016
  5. mordy Win User
    Thanks a lot.
    worked for me after pulling my hair for 2 days...

mordy, Dec 13, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome, I'm glad to here it still works for some people.*Smile

Cliff S, Dec 13, 2016
  7. MisterTee Win User
    This worked for me!
    Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:F:\sources\sxs Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.0Image Version: 10.0.14393.0 Enabling feature(s) [==========================100.0%==========================] The operation completed successfully.[/quote] THANK YOU!!!

MisterTee, Feb 2, 2017
  8. Cliff S New Member

THANK YOU!!![/quote] You're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Feb 2, 2017
  9. Peeker Win User
    Hi,

I know this might sound dumb, but what has to be on the stick or drive in order to install it? I'm not good with computers and English is not my native language.
    Sorry for the dumb question.

Peeker, Feb 11, 2017
  10. Cliff S New Member
    The same Windows 10 ISO as your Installation.
    For example, my current Win10 Version is 14393.693(click Windows icon and type winver)

Net 3.5 framework, cannot install 0x800F081F. [​IMG]

To get the ISO go here: Download Windows 10
    Use the tool to either get the ISO file, or create USB or DVD installation media.
    To run the command, the ISO file mounted in File Explorer is enough, but a USB is always a good idea to have on hand, for "emergencies".

Cliff S, Feb 11, 2017
  11. tsenformd Win User
    Woo hoo! Worked nicely in 2017 too.

tsenformd, Apr 29, 2017
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Glad to hear it worked for you.
    For some reason, it doesn't work for all systems,
    and then one needs to find an alternate path to get Net 3.5.

Cliff S, Apr 29, 2017
  13. Magna1 Win User

Hello, I faced similar issue too. Most probably your windows is currently on .NET framework 4.6 (Advanced version) . It comes with windows 10 by default so you have to untick it first in your control panel before ticking & downloading the .Net Framework 3.5 otherwise it won't work. You can read this article ( Solved: How To Successfully Install .NET Framework 3.5 On Windows 10 - Infotechmagna) for step-by-step guide in doing this. That's what helped me solved mine too. Hope you'll have your problem solved.

Magna1, Jun 3, 2017
  14. RpBoyz Win User
    @Cliff S

Registered and Joined up just to tell you: thank you, thank you, thank you. The above solutions worked great for me! I copied cmd code into notepad, edited drive path, pasted into admin cmd box and boom. Worked like magic. This problem has plagued for a full year(15months to be honest), and finally you were able to deliver me from insanity. Thank you very much for your guidance!

"We're not worthy! We're not worthy!" - Garth Algar / Wayne Campbel

THANKS AGAIN!!!

RpBoyz, Aug 25, 2017
  15. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome, and thank you for your very nice post, but do pop into the forums once and a while, even to just check out what's new with the Windows 10 news: Windows 10 News - Windows 10 Forums or our tutorial section, which is getting larger every day.

Cliff S, Aug 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Net 3.5 framework, cannot install 0x800F081F. - Similar Threads - Net framework cannot

2. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. cannot install Net Framework 4.6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install Net Framework 4.6: When i try to install HP LaserJet M207-M212 Printer series Windows 7 64-bit driver in my desktop computer,HP side force me to install Net Framework 4.6 firstly,however, when i try that, that show this errorand when it is installing, keep rollback in half of process,Here is...
  5. cannot install Net Framework 4.6

cannot install Net Framework 4.6: When i try to install HP LaserJet M207-M212 Printer series Windows 7 64-bit driver in my desktop computer,HP side force me to install Net Framework 4.6 firstly,however, when i try that, that show this errorand when it is installing, keep rollback in half of process,Here is...
  6. Error: 0x800f081f while installing .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: 0x800f081f while installing .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10: I have a new Dell Latitude 5501 laptop with Windows 10 Version 1809 on it. OS Build is 17763.379. Drive D is the ISO files for the Windows 10 install. When using the DISM command to install the .net 3.5, I get the same error every time I try. The command I'm using is...
  7. Error 0x800F081F while installing .NET Framework on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x800F081F while installing .NET Framework on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The .NET Framework is a software development platform developed by Microsoft. The framework was meant to create applications, which would run on the Windows Platform. There are many 3rd party software programs that require the .NET Framework installed in...
  8. NET Framework 3.5 installation error code 0x800F081F Windows 10

NET Framework 3.5 installation error code 0x800F081F Windows 10: I am facing the issue NET Framework 3.5 installation error code 0x800F081F Windows 10 while trying to enable the .NET Framework using the DISM tool or Windows PowerShell command. 140063
  9. .NET Framework Error (0x800F081F)

.NET Framework Error (0x800F081F): Whenever I try to use anything that uses .NET Framework I need to re download it. The problem is that whenever i try to the error message "Windows couldn't find the required files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you're connected to the internet and try again"....
  10. .Net 3.5 framework windows 10, cannot install 0x800F081F

.Net 3.5 framework windows 10, cannot install 0x800F081F: I hardly know anything about computers and this is my last option I have looked all over the internet trying to figure out how to install .net 3.5 framework on windows 10, and nothing has worked. I can't run gpedit.msc on my computer, and i keep getting error 6800 on...
Tags: