Windows 10: .Net 3.5 stuck in searching for updates, alternate method won't work

Discus and support .Net 3.5 stuck in searching for updates, alternate method won't work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I have browsed the corners of the internet trying to find someone with my problem, but have yet to see something exactly the same as what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jeremiahburt, Aug 13, 2015.

1. .Net 3.5 stuck in searching for updates, alternate method won't work

Hi everyone! I have browsed the corners of the internet trying to find someone with my problem, but have yet to see something exactly the same as what I am seeing.

I am trying to install the .net 3.5 update for my Windows 10 Pro rig. I tried the usual way (enabling) with no luck: the system sits on searching for file and never goes anywhere. (I let it search overnight with no luck).

I tried the method suggested HERE with no luck either (it sits there telling me the image version but never starts the "Enabling Features" process. I've let it sit there for 30 minutes with no success.

I am trying to do the second step via a Windows 10 USB install, not a DVD. I didn't bother trying to create an ISO since I didn't think that would matter. In either case, I feel really stuck. Anyone have ANY ideas? I am unable to run a few legacy games because of this stupid .net 3.5 issue. It's really frustrating.

:)

jeremiahburt, Aug 13, 2015
  2. DKBinsuan Win User

how to reinstall framework .net in windows 10

I enable the framework 4.6 in th program&features but there's another problem about >NET framework 3.5. It's just stuck downloading required files. The reason i diable this to it's becuase of another program

crushing and i search then says uninstall NET. framework 4.5 but i can't see that but then i see .NET framework 3.5 i disable it then when i able it it's just stuck dowloading req files.

DKBinsuan, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Dr. Mean Win User
    MSNBC aemap.exe error upon installation

I have updated to Net 3.0 and then tried updating to Net 3.5 both times with my BlackJack phone connected via the latest version of ActiveSync and a UBS 2.0 cable I still get the same error message when I go to run MSNBC Mobile appliacation. It says I
    need a newer version of .NET Compact Framework. If I move the whole .Net Setup file to the phone it won't run there. Maybe it just won't work with 5.0.

Dr. Mean, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

.Net 3.5 stuck in searching for updates, alternate method won't work

From Kyhi:
    Are you putting the drive letter where X is? cut & paste the command into notepad make the necessary change, re-cut&paste into an Admin command prompt. do not type yourself as spacing is important. I have used this method on many installs during the preview on many many installs, and it never failed.

Just to be sure here is the command from my USB that I use(spacing and letter case is perfect):

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:E:\sources\sxs

In my case E was the USB drive.

Cliff S, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Yes indeed. I did make sure the correct letter of my USB drive was entered with no space, case sensitive. No luck.

6. Cliff S New Member
    Try my command.

Cliff S, Aug 13, 2015
  7. I did. Nothing still. I'm baffled.

8. .Net 3.5 stuck in searching for updates, alternate method won't work

I've also tried this method by mounting the Windows 10 Pro ISO. Same problem. Sits there telling me the image version...nothing after that.

9. Cliff S New Member
    Sorry it has constantly worked for me.

Here is a link to a thread in the Microsoft Community on the subject(where I got the command). There are different ways of activating :Net 3.5, perhaps one of the others might help you. How to instal .Net Framework 3.5 on Windows 10

Cliff S, Aug 13, 2015
  10. topgundcp Win User
    You can try:
    • Delete everything under: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
      Those are left over from Windows Updates and no longer needed.
    • From Admin Command prompt, run:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    • Turn on Net Framework 3.5 from programs & Features again to see if it helps.

FYI, This problem has been going on in the previous versions of Windows. That's why I mentioned this in Windows 8 Forums that you should turn on Net Framework 3.5 right after Windows Installation to avoid conflict with third party softwares. It works every single time for me.

topgundcp, Aug 13, 2015
  11. Thanks. Anyone else have any ideas? Suggestions?

12. Okay. I got it working. Here is what I did (holds breath): I restarted windows. Yup.

I restarted and everything finally worked. Odd.

13. malanve Win User

Did you install any updates before the restart @jeremiahburt

malanve, Jan 27, 2016
  14. Newbee Win User
    *Sad*Sad
    This is still not helping me. I am still getting Error: 0x800f081f*Sad*cry*cry

Newbee, Apr 20, 2016
  15. Ethelwulf Win User
    I am having Problems with this an really need help

I ran the command Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    and it worked

But when enabling
    from programs & Features that did not work

I have my windows on a usb drive and been watching youtube tutorials and still no luck

can any one please help ??

thank you

Ethelwulf, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. .Net 3.5 stuck in searching for updates, alternate method won't work - Similar Threads - Net stuck searching

2. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. Feedback - Alternative methods?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback - Alternative methods?: I am unable to download the Feedback Hub, due to company policy on my work computer. Is there any other way to provide feedback on changes you would like to see implemented in Microsoft Windows?I would really like to see Microsoft move the 'Unpin from Quick access' selection...
  5. Feedback - Alternative methods?

Feedback - Alternative methods?: I am unable to download the Feedback Hub, due to company policy on my work computer. Is there any other way to provide feedback on changes you would like to see implemented in Microsoft Windows?I would really like to see Microsoft move the 'Unpin from Quick access' selection...
  6. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  7. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

.NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  8. .net 5

.net 5: Hello, While opening "HandBrake" program to add subtitle to a movie, got a notice there is an update to the program. Downloaded the update and tried to work with it, but it gave me a notice this program needs .NET. In the notice is a link to download this .NET, version 5.0.9....
  9. Linux with w10 - alternative methods?

in Windows 10 Support
    Linux with w10 - alternative methods?: Is this a fair summary of the possible ways to use Linux on a machine with w10 already installed ? w10p 1909 build (up-to-date), digital license, MS Account linked, single user. Option 1: With w10 shutdown use a Linux live bootable usb and operate the Linux system only from...
  10. Alternative methods for unpinning from Start?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative methods for unpinning from Start?: I don't know if this is a bug or fluke, but I had two Office 2016 apps pinned to Start in Win10. Later, I uninstalled Office 2016. Instead of the two pinned items also disappearing, they stuck around, but now they're just blank squares that (of course) do nothing. The...