Windows 10: .NET Framework 4.0 in Windows 10

Discus and support .NET Framework 4.0 in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi , I'm trying to install .Net Framework 4.0 on Windows 10. Windows doesn't allow it and throws error saying i have already a latest version, that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Prashanth K B, Aug 7, 2018.

1. .NET Framework 4.0 in Windows 10

Hi ,

I'm trying to install .Net Framework 4.0 on Windows 10.

Windows doesn't allow it and throws error saying i have already a latest version, that fair, but i tried to disable the current .Net Framework version as told in other question &answers. But i'm unable to install 4.0 after trying several methods which are discussed in many queries..

Even Microsoft SDK 7.1 doesn't install.

If there exist a proved working steps please share or help solve my problem.

Why i need 4.0 .Net Framework ? I have a older version software which i want it to work with SDK 7.1

Regards

Prashanth K B

:)

Prashanth K B, Aug 7, 2018

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 7, 2018
  3. unable to install microsoft .net framework 4 on my windows 10

Hello Dinesh,

There's a possibility that Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already part of your Windows that's why you are getting the error message
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4
    redistributable. when installing it. To verify if it was already installed, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Type Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check if you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. If so, tick the box beside it.
    • Click on OK.

Once completed, kindly provide us with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Aug 7, 2018
  4. .NET Framework 4.0 in Windows 10

Net framework 4

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We also thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Method 1:

For uninstalling a program, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R.

Step 2: Type
    appwiz.cpl. You can see a list of programs installed in your PC.

Step 3: Click on the program you want to install. Uninstall option will get highlighted.

Step 4: Click Uninstall to uninstall the program.

Method 2:

To Turn Windows feature on/off, follow the steps below:

For uninstalling a program, follow the steps below.

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R.

Step 2: Type
    appwiz.cpl. On the left side panel select Turn Windows feature on or off
    option.

Step 3: In the appeared window, check the option
    .net framework. It will now appear in the Programs and features
    page

Step 4: Click on
    .net framework and uninstall.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

.NET Framework 4.0 in Windows 10

1. .NET Framework 4.0 in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - NET Framework

2. .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it: I have already installed net framework 8.1 but when i try to run an app it asks me to install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-is-supposedly-already-installed-but/3d3165e5-8a85-4324-8bb8-242e9a2c6a25
  3. .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it: I have already installed net framework 8.1 but when i try to run an app it asks me to install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-is-supposedly-already-installed-but/3d3165e5-8a85-4324-8bb8-242e9a2c6a25
  4. .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 2024-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2024-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for...: I get this everytime I try to update my labtop. I have windows 11 already in my labtop, but for some reason the new recent updates such as the one in the question title and Windows 11 23h2, which error code is 0x80248007, will not install. My labtop is a lenovo legion 5...
  6. 2024-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for...

2024-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for...: I get this everytime I try to update my labtop. I have windows 11 already in my labtop, but for some reason the new recent updates such as the one in the question title and Windows 11 23h2, which error code is 0x80248007, will not install. My labtop is a lenovo legion 5...
  7. There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install in windows 11 .NET Framework 3.5....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install in windows 11 .NET Framework 3.5....: There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install .NET Framework 3.5. There is some major issues facing during windows updates also. Please help me to solve it...
  8. There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install in windows 11 .NET Framework 3.5....

There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install in windows 11 .NET Framework 3.5....: There is an error code 0x80072F8F while trying to install .NET Framework 3.5. There is some major issues facing during windows updates also. Please help me to solve it...
  9. Do we have different .NET Framework to be installed for different software installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Do we have different .NET Framework to be installed for different software installation.: I tried installing Diadem software in PC with specification Window 10 pro, version 22H2, 16GB RAM,OS build 19045.4123, processor i7-4790. After the installation is done its asking for runtime .NET Framework v 4.6.2. if tried to install V 4.6.2 run time getting an error that v...
  10. Do we have different .NET Framework to be installed for different software installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do we have different .NET Framework to be installed for different software installation.: I tried installing Diadem software in PC with specification Window 10 pro, version 22H2, 16GB RAM,OS build 19045.4123, processor i7-4790. After the installation is done its asking for runtime .NET Framework v 4.6.2. if tried to install V 4.6.2 run time getting an error that v...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable framework 4.0 on 1903