Windows 10: net share brings up System Error 5 – “Access Is Denied”

Discus and support net share brings up System Error 5 – “Access Is Denied” in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a "server" that ran win 7 and which I now updated to Win 10. On this server, there is truecrypt installed and a batch file which I call... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by caid602, Mar 3, 2016.

1. caid602 Win User

net share brings up System Error 5 – “Access Is Denied”

Hi,

I have a "server" that ran win 7 and which I now updated to Win 10. On this server, there is truecrypt installed and a batch file which I call from a remote computer using psexec. This batch file mounts a truecrypt volume and shares this drive on the network. Sharing is done with a lines like this:

if exist E: (net share E=E:\ /GRANT:Name,Full >nul)

However, in win 10 this doesn't work anymore. The problem is that the command

net share E=E:\

can only be issued from an administrator-cmd now. Is there a way to allow using the "net share E=E:" command from a non-admin-commandline (I am hoping for a registry key...)?

Thanks a lot!

:)

caid602, Mar 3, 2016
  2. JShelly1 Win User

error INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

nope

C:\Users\jshel>net user jwshe /add

System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

C:\Users\jshel>net user jwshe ibm282895 /add

Access is denied.

JShelly1, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Rene5 Win User
    Windows 10 Update is stuck at 81% after i selected to Update and Reboot

I did as you recommended above but got this...

C:\Users\Rene>net stop wuauserv

Access is denied.

C:\Users\Rene>net stop bits

Access is denied.

PC still gets locked up during the Windows 10 Update is stuck at 81% after i selected to Update and Reboot

Rene5, Mar 3, 2016
Thema:

net share brings up System Error 5 – “Access Is Denied”

1. net share brings up System Error 5 – “Access Is Denied” - Similar Threads - net share brings

2. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  3. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  4. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.: My Goal: Not to ever have to login to my home computer again. MS login ruining my life.Going through the normal recommended steps for this I must have unconsciously messed with admin rights option somewhere because now I never can actually get to step 1 because when doing...
  6. net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Customization
    net user administrator / active: yes System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied.: My Goal: Not to ever have to login to my home computer again. MS login ruining my life.Going through the normal recommended steps for this I must have unconsciously messed with admin rights option somewhere because now I never can actually get to step 1 because when doing...
  7. error 5 access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error 5 access is denied: I've been getting error 5 access is denied when Installing any app on Windows, How do I fix this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-5-access-is-denied/3b2b1eb0-ae78-491c-8f7c-4673ae9b18fa
  8. access denied error 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    access denied error 5: I can't download and install Lenovo h50-50 updates nor drivers, a note with denied access and error 5 is dispayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5/f89f5fc4-2a48-4119-8509-789e01585056
  9. System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied: When I was trying to login to a Web development website as "http://IP or domain:port/SSMISDIY/MyApp/#login", it showed "System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied”. My Windows pro edition is 1709. I have disabled firewall and enabled system access permission, but it still didn't...
  10. System error 5 Access denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    System error 5 Access denied: Hello, When setting up a user account for my wife, which works fine, however I now cannot access my account which had administrator rights. I do not show up as an option. I tried using the default administer account via command prompt and I get a "system error 5" "Access...