Windows 10: net share: is the share permanent?

Discus and support net share: is the share permanent? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Local windows 10 machine. (home computer) I created a share via net share (CMD). I restarted my computer and noticed the share is still there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eeps24, Jan 27, 2018.

1. eeps24 Win User

net share: is the share permanent?

Local windows 10 machine. (home computer)

I created a share via net share (CMD). I restarted my computer and noticed the share is still there.

My question is, when using net share, are these permanent? I would think they would disconnect/delete after shutdown.

:)

eeps24, Jan 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 shared folders not working

I'm having the same issue - also if I do a Net Share in a command prompt the shares do not come up. If I add the share using Net Share <share name>=<share path> it works, but it's a pain to do for all of the, when the shares are already there.

DarrellHayward, Jan 27, 2018
  3. update proplame

It happen with me as well, and somebody told me to connect my phone to the power and let it for few hours to refresh the license on the phone and it worked, but don't connect on the computer it must be on the electricity.

All the best.

Share Experience, Jan 27, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

They are permanent. They are also permanent if you do it through the GUI. You have to explicitly delete them - see this MS article: Net share

Why? If they were deleted you would have to share all your "Shared" folder(s) again every single time you rebooted which would be really annoying.

5. eeps24 Win User
    awesome, thanks for the help.

eeps24, Jan 27, 2018
  6. lx07 Win User
    You are welcome.

For what you want you'd have to do it like this I guess Code: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> net share TempShare=c:\temp TempShare was shared successfully.[/quote]
    and then at some point later... Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> net share TempShare /delete TempShare was deleted successfully. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote]

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. net share: is the share permanent? - Similar Threads - net share share

2. my pc cant share net as mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my pc cant share net as mobile hotspot: my pc has a problem with mobile hotspot, it cant share net what is the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-cant-share-net-as-mobile-hotspot/65c53cd9-f836-4bde-842e-0f23e69bb5f5
  3. Sharing Drives on Local Net

Sharing Drives on Local Net: Hello, I use a redundant 1TB HDD drive L:\ in a USB caddy as a backup drive on computer //BB Second computer //AA sees the drive on the local net but no way will it allow access to either the whole drive or to shared folders on it. A flash drive on \\BB can be accessed as...
  4. Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing

Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing: Is there a way to share whole folder using Nearby Sharing? Windows Version 1903. Thanks for any help 154022
  5. Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing: Is there a way to share whole folder using Nearby Sharing? Windows Version 1903. Thanks for any help 154022
  6. net share command

net share command: Running Windows 10: when I ran net share to look at any shared folders, the result was as follows. what does this mean that I have a remote IPC and remote Admin? How did this get setup. I do not want to share any files. could have happened if I tried to set up Cloud...
  7. Access shared folder on remote comp.with "net share" via VPN and IPv6?

Access shared folder on remote comp.with "net share" via VPN and IPv6?: In the past I mount a remote shared folder as drive W: in my local Windows Explorer with a command similar to: net use w: \\192.168.0.21\myshare /persistent:no This works successfully on a IPv4 connection. At first: Which remote port does the "net share" command...
  8. Nearby sharing file sharing

Nearby sharing file sharing: I have been trying to get nearby sharing to share files between my two computers. Everything seems to be set as required. When I select the share tab I can see my other computer. I select it and it says the file is being sent but same old messages appears, the computer you...
  9. Shared Computer Won't Share

Shared Computer Won't Share: I have one desktop and two laptops. The laptops will share folders with each other but for some reason the desktop won't. I have configured all of the sharing properties on the desktop to the same properties as the laptops. The desktop will show up in the Network list on my...
  10. Pytanie co do net share.

Pytanie co do net share.: Witam. Robiłem scan MBSA i odkryłem że na moim komputerze są udostępniane pliki. Po odpaleniu cmd i wpisując net share znalazłem takie wpisy C:\Windows\system32>net share Udział Zasób Uwaga...