Windows 10: Net Use not working properly

Discus and support Net Use not working properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently upgraded from 7 to 10 (clean install). When I use the net use command it doesn't quite work the same as it used to. In Windows 7 when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheBrain, Sep 23, 2015.

1. TheBrain Win User

Net Use not working properly

Recently upgraded from 7 to 10 (clean install). When I use the net use command it doesn't quite work the same as it used to.

In Windows 7 when I would run net use and include credentials, I could put the UNC path into the run command and the folder would open right up. Now when I do that I have to login, even though I included credentials in the net use command itself.

If I map a network drive with net use, it doesn't show anywhere in Windows explorer, and if I type in the drive letter of the network drive into the "address bar" it says it can't find it.

:)

TheBrain, Sep 23, 2015
  2. chanti5 Win User

lumia 720 camera

My camera not working properly..i search in net and i have restored all my settings and my phone..even it was not working properly...when i want to use camera it was bluring when i want to shoot a pic ..help me

chanti5, Sep 23, 2015
  3. aleeahmad Win User
    internet sharing not working??????

hello,

in my phone sim net is run and i use it but when i use internet sharing other devices connect my phone but he can not use my sim net through sharing but same time in my phone sim net work properly. i reset my phone but that problem is still????????????????????????any
    body help me

aleeahmad, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

What is the exact command you are using and are you using an elevated command prompt or a normal user one? Is the share local and was the share made with the same account?

Kanata, Sep 23, 2015
  5. TheBrain Win User
    Elevated command prompt.

Command is "net use \\10.1.0.9\c$ /user:domain\username "password""

Then in run, I type \\10.1.0.9\c$ and it should take me straight to that folder.

Instead, it prompts me for my username and password again.

In the case of mapping a network drive i just add the drive letter to the command. "net use Z: \\10.1.0.9\c$ /user:domain\username "password""

The shares are not local and I'm using the credentials of an account other than what I'm currently logged in with.

TheBrain, Sep 23, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    Is the password supposed to be in quotes? Also try a * instead of a password to see if it prompts you correctly for one, especially if you have spaces in it. May help narrow it down at least.

Kanata, Sep 23, 2015
  7. TheBrain Win User
    I always have used quotes, but it doesn't appear to be necessary.

The * does prompt for a password, but the results are the same if I enter it that way.

TheBrain, Sep 23, 2015
  8. JOS
    jos Win User

Are you runing W10-pro or W10-home?
    I found that W10-home offers you a more relaxed and automaticly correct sharing of devices and folders in a home network.

9. TheBrain Win User
    W10 Pro

TheBrain, Sep 24, 2015
  10. lx07 Win User
  11. JOS
    jos Win User
    Experimenting I disabled both Firewalls: home and world. No difference. W10-pro refuses to see the other computers but pinging works fine. The computer with XP-pro (Dell) is not allowed to access the shared folder on W10-pro (Athlon) but can access the shared folder on the W10-home computer without problems.
    The W10-home (Toshiba) shows all shares on all computers with active and default Firewall settings.

The problem is W10-pro. W10-home is still working like I was used without troubleshooting in W7-pro and W7-home.
    Microsoft Netherland says it has a solution but that would cost me $125,- for one year support!!!!!

12. TheBrain Win User
    Yep, I can confirm this is the answer. Just tested. Probably related to admin approval mode. My least favorite Windows "feature" since Vista.

TheBrain, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Net Use not working properly - Similar Threads - Net working properly

2. Windows 11 not working properly, started with .NET framework issue after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not working properly, started with .NET framework issue after BSOD: Hi,Yesterday while using my PC, I got a BSOD I wasn't able to note the error code after which I started getting popups saying Apps cannot be started because they need a particular version of .NET framework similar to this image:Then I noticed that firewall has been disabled...
  3. Windows 11 not working properly, started with .NET framework issue after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not working properly, started with .NET framework issue after BSOD: Hi,Yesterday while using my PC, I got a BSOD I wasn't able to note the error code after which I started getting popups saying Apps cannot be started because they need a particular version of .NET framework similar to this image:Then I noticed that firewall has been disabled...
  4. 'net use' works in cmd window, not in .bat file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'net use' works in cmd window, not in .bat file: Win10 Pro, Version 2004, build 19041.804 (Suggestion to Microsoft- put a 'copy to clipboard' button on the WinVer window). On my home network I have some servers and a couple of NAS drives. (Eight altogether). In startup I call a batch file to map them using 'net use'. Most...
  5. NET USE in a batch file- sometimes works

NET USE in a batch file- sometimes works: Windows 10 Pro I have a batch file where I map my net devices, mostly Samba shares from my Linux servers. (I know you don't like to see snippets, but the bat file is over 300 lines long.) Basically, I have a function for each drive to be mounted: Code: :mntXrem Shared folder...
  6. Microsoft .Net not installed properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft .Net not installed properly: So my laptop was restarting after an update, after I logged in, there is a pop-up warning box saying that my Microsoft .Net version 4.0 or later not installed properly, please reinstall it. I tried downloading Microsoft .Net installer, but when I run it, it says that the...
  7. Net Use no longer working in Windows 10

Net Use no longer working in Windows 10: The "net use" command has stopped working when trying to access my NAS shares in a powershell file for backups. I receive system error code 64. The same occurs when using the "net use" command from the command line in administrator mode. I can access the shares through...
  8. net use command works for LPT but not for COM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    net use command works for LPT but not for COM: I need my USB printer to map to COM (old software only recognizes COM ports). using net use, i can map it to LPT, but when i try to map it to COM, i get error 66 This is what i'm entering: net use COM2: \127.0.0.1\E /persistent:yes System error 66 has occurred. The...
  9. Net User Commands are not working properly for me

Net User Commands are not working properly for me: Hey, I have a network of computers and when I try to delete an account, it states that the command was executed successfully and the accounts do not show up with the command "net user /domain" in the list, as if they were deleted. But the problem comes in with me still being...
  10. .NET Framework Doesn't Properly Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework Doesn't Properly Download: So I am in Windows 10 and whenever I try to install .NET Framework 3.5 I get the same error: 0x800736B3 I don't know how to solve it. I've looked in multiple places but couldn't find an answer that solves my situation What I have tried: Going into the control...