Windows 10: 'net view' command

Discus and support 'net view' command in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - I have an audio player (X10) and video player (Dune) connected to my router. Looking at the attached pic, can anyone explain why both appear under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dortmunder, Jan 9, 2018.

1. 'net view' command

Hi - I have an audio player (X10) and video player (Dune) connected to my router. Looking at the attached pic, can anyone explain why both appear under 'Network' (in Explorer) but only the Dune appears in the Command Prompt 'net view'? Thank you.

:)

dortmunder, Jan 9, 2018

2. Net View Command not working

I keep trying this command (net view) and it shows me "there are no entires on the list" on both Adminstrative CMD AND Normal USER- mode CMD. Any solution please??

Thanks

Malik

MαℓikSαhααя, Jan 9, 2018
  3. Net View Command not working

Hi Malik,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest that somewhere (probably located in one of the folders in your path statement) you have a CMD.EXE that has been renamed to NET.EXE.

NET.EXE should be located in two places:

C:\Windows\System32

C:\Windows\System32\DllCache

If you delete NET.EXE (or replace NET.EXE) in C:\Windows\System32 then it will automatically be replaced by the copy in the DllCache folder. This is probably where your rogue NET.EXE is and this is also where you need to remove it/copy the proper NET.EXE.

If the issue still persists, We have a dedicated team to help you with this type of issues. I would suggest you to post the same in TechNet forum.

Technet forums - Windows 10 Networking

Hope this helps. Please reply to us for further assistance.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 9, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

'net view' command

Not certain but one reason could be that both support one protocol (TCP/IP ? ), that is used by one view whilst the other one supports more than one of the older protocols SMB Netbios SMB Etc which works with Net view

Some info on protocols starts from here ... Network Protocols

Barman58, Jan 9, 2018
Thema:

'net view' command

1. 'net view' command - Similar Threads - 'net view' command

2. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command "net users": I recently did a powershell search using 'net users'. It brought up all the accounts in my windows 10 computer. it showed 3 accounts: a 'default acct' with a name that I apparently created a long time ago. it also showed a 'guest acct' with another name. it also showed a name...
  3. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command "net users": I recently did a powershell search using 'net users'. It brought up all the accounts in my windows 10 computer. it showed 3 accounts: a 'default acct' with a name that I apparently created a long time ago. it also showed a 'guest acct' with another name. it also showed a name...
  4. How to refresh the net view command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to refresh the net view command: Hi folks, I would like to know how I refresh the the list shown by the net view command. When I use the net view command it shows computers that are already turned off. It only shows a list of current computers on the net when I restart the computer. Tried this commands to...
  5. net share command

net share command: Running Windows 10: when I ran net share to look at any shared folders, the result was as follows. what does this mean that I have a remote IPC and remote Admin? How did this get setup. I do not want to share any files. could have happened if I tried to set up Cloud...
  6. Net View Problem

Net View Problem: I'm been searching on how to resolve this problem with my very small network. I ran net view, and it came back to me with this message "The service has not been started", followed by :NET HELPMSG 2184. My other computer when I run net view shows me both computers. Does anyone...
  7. Trouble with net use command

Trouble with net use command: I'm trying to write a batch file to map a network drive. This will map the Z drive to a NAS unit. However I'm having trouble with the command. Here is my command and the result: Net Use Z: \\10.0.0.77\Willow /user:xxxxxxx yyyyyyy More? Why would this command return...
  8. NET VIEW command in cmd System error 1231

NET VIEW command in cmd System error 1231: Hello, I am not a networking or cmd expert but I wanted to use the command: NET VIEW but it shows: System error 1231 has occurred. The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help. How can I fix this ? Tried using...
  9. net command pop ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    net command pop ups: Net command prompt keeps appearing asking to make changes to the computer Yes or No. It overrides any software that's running and freezes the screen and the only way to get rid of it is to press Y/N but it then reappears a few minutes later. It happens most frequently when...
  10. Net Command

in Windows 10 Support
    Net Command: Hi everyone, Every time I turn my laptop on a message appears that says "NET COMMAND" Do you want this app to make changes to your pc. It has only started doing it in the last week. Any help to stop it would be appreciated. 47554