Windows 10: Netbook display overfills screen

Discus and support Netbook display overfills screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; System Spec Computer type:LaptopSystem Manufacturer/Model Number:Acer Aspire One D257OS:Windows 10CPU:Intel Atom N570 / 1.66 GHzMemory:1GBGraphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajable2009, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Netbook display overfills screen

System Spec

Computer type:LaptopSystem Manufacturer/Model Number:Acer Aspire One D257OS:Windows 10CPU:Intel Atom N570 / 1.66 GHzMemory:1GBGraphics Card(s):Intel GMA 3150

I HAVE ATTACHED PICTURE TO LET YOU VISUALIZE MY PROBLEM. THE RED LINE SYMBOLIZES WHERE THE BOTTOM OF MY DISPLAY IS WHEN VIEWING MY SCREEN. CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE OUT WHY I CAN'T SEE THE BOTTOM PORTION OF THE DISPLAY. I'VE RESET THE GRAPHICS DRIVER, CHANGED RESOLUTION, REPLACED THE SCREEN. CONSULTED 4 REPAIR TECHS AND NOW REACHING OUT TO THE FORUM. HELP! EVERYTHING ABOVE THE RED LINE FILLS MY DISPLAY.

SCREEN IS A 1024X600 RESOLUTION ON A WIDESCREEN VGA SCREEN

IT WAS LIKE THIS BEFORE SWITCHING TO WINDOWS 10.

(SORRY FOR ALL CAPS, I'M AT WORK AND EVERYTHING IS TYPED IN ALL CAPS WHEN I AM ENTERING DATA)

:)

ajable2009, Feb 11, 2016
  2. Hijab29 Win User

Your phone is overfilled?

I've HTC HD 7 and am having the "overfilled problem" and no matter what I do, my phone remains overfilled! It was working absolutely fine and just suddenly started having this problem! If anyone knows any solution please help me and others out!

Hijab29, Feb 11, 2016
  3. Lenovo Netbook Display

Hi

I have a lenovo netbook with a 10 inch screen running windows 10.

the problem is that many of the save and cancel type buttons do not appear as the displayed window is too long for the netbook screen and there are no scroll bars.

the above happened with both skype set up and mail set up.

all help appreciated.

WilliamZumpe, Feb 11, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Netbook display overfills screen

What do you get when you change the resolution.

5. dalchina New Member
    Netbook display overfills screen [​IMG]

Could you post a screenshot like that please?

(I have one of those netbooks, but I'd not dare to update it to Win 10 with 1Gb RAM even though it's within MS specs)

dalchina, Feb 11, 2016
  6. Netbook display overfills screen [​IMG]

ajable2009, Feb 14, 2016
  7. as you can see, screen shot looks normal. however from my point of view looking at the screen, I'm missing the bottom portion. the display is stretched too far downward.
    resolution is where it's supposed to be

ajable2009, Feb 14, 2016
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

What if you hide the taskbar. In the taskbar properties - Autohide.

9. davidhk Win User
    Looking at your taskbar, you have a different Start button.
    Are you using Classic Shell or some other 3rd party start menu program ?
    If yes, would you mind uninstall it and see if the default Start button and taskbar makes a difference ?

Just speculating on my part.

davidhk, Feb 14, 2016
  10. The first picture I uploaded with the red line is Windows 7 from my office computer. I just did that to give an example of my problem. The one I just posted a few minutes ago with display settings is my screen.

ajable2009, Feb 14, 2016
  11. It is in auto hide. I have to keep taskbar on top or sides to use it.

ajable2009, Feb 14, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Well done for posting the screenshot. If you look at the right hand side, you'll see 'Your resolution is lower...' and a warning. I'd suggest you need to resolve that.

1024x768 is an available option. That should let Windows display normally.

dalchina, Feb 14, 2016
  13. Netbook display overfills screen

I've tried every resolution made available. I"ve even tried much higher resolutions. The outcome is still the same.

ajable2009, Feb 14, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Have you tried updating your graphics driver, or uninstalling your graphics driver and rebooting?

dalchina, Feb 14, 2016
  15. I've tried updating the driver along with restoring it to original version. Each way I'm not getting changes. The only difference is when I'm on the old version, I have the 1024x600 resolution which is what the screen is supposed to be.

ajable2009, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Netbook display overfills screen - Similar Threads - Netbook display overfills

2. Microsoft News - in Germany - do overfill the screen so that is most unusable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft News - in Germany - do overfill the screen so that is most unusable: Today after cold start of my PC Win 10 pro 64bit 16B RAM MS News filled my screen:Here is to be seen that the "Overhead" is blocking half of the screen. And here the same. It´s unusable !!...
  3. Microsoft News - in Germany - do overfill the screen so that is most unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft News - in Germany - do overfill the screen so that is most unusable: Today after cold start of my PC Win 10 pro 64bit 16B RAM MS News filled my screen:Here is to be seen that the "Overhead" is blocking half of the screen. And here the same. It´s unusable !!...
  4. Microsoft News - in Germany - do overfill the screen so that is most unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Toshiba netbook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Toshiba netbook: Hi. I haven't used my Toshiba laptop for a few years. I need a Microsoft account to log into it however it keeps telling me my password is incorrect. I have changed it three times and I'm still unable to log in...
  6. S Mode on a Netbook?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    S Mode on a Netbook?: I have a Samsung N150 Plus netbook with linux mint 19.3 and i want to install 10 S to watch youtube, browse web, do school work and play solitare. Specs: Intel Atom N450 1.67GHZ 2GB RAM 256GB 860 EVO Crappy Motherboard 720P or 480P 1024x600 Display That or 8.1 Pro....
  7. Improve performance on netbook

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Improve performance on netbook: I have Windows 10 insider 14385 64-bit on a 6 year old netbook with Atom N455 and want to know if there is more room for improving performance. Currently it performs quite good, battery is good too, even faster than Win 7 in some circumstances, but there is some lag opening...
  8. 10 on a Netbook? SUCCESS!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10 on a Netbook? SUCCESS!: Have you got a crappy old netbook that you can't even give away? Install Windows 10 and give it some love! What you'll need: A cold room. A powerful desk fan. PATIENCE! My Acer netbook has 1GB of DDR2 memory. A 32 bit Intel Atom processor running at a blazing 1.60...
  9. Upgrading a netbook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading a netbook: Currently performing an upgrade on a msi wind u100 running Windows 7. I have a USB key and started the upgrade process. It asked to check for updates and I accepted. Now it's been checking for updates for two hours. Should I just cancel and restart the process? 30848
  10. Netbook

in Windows 10 Support
    Netbook: Upgraded my Samsung n145plus netbook to w10. Finally metro apps work at full screen at 1024x600 without shoody resolution hacks [img] The start menu is a bit rough, and the new search feature takes a time to start. The cortana thingy doesn't work on my region. The new...