Windows 10: Netbook shuts down when I try to start a clean Windows 10 installation

Discus and support Netbook shuts down when I try to start a clean Windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have an old netbook here and I’d like try Windows 10. However, it shuts down when I try to start a clean installation. If I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by felipeapp, Dec 29, 2015.

1. felipeapp Win User

Netbook shuts down when I try to start a clean Windows 10 installation

Hi guys,

I have an old netbook here and I’d like try Windows 10. However, it shuts down when I try to start a clean installation. If I try to upgrade from windows 7 it works, but eventually the same problem happens during boot. It happens when the windows logo appears and the circle is rotating.

I've realized that if I boot the computer with a bootable windows 7 disk, cancel the windows 7 installation and try windows 10 installation again, it will work, but eventually the problem comes back and the computer turn itself off during boot again. So, I need to start windows 7 installation and cancel it to have windows 10 boot working, but the problem happens again after some time.

When it boots, windows 10 works great. My netbook is an Itautec W7020 with Intel Atom processor and Intel GMA 3150 graphic card.

Any idea?

(Sorry any English issue)

:)

felipeapp, Dec 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 startup fails

Atom N450 netbook with Samsung 830 SSD Windows 7. Updated to Windows 10 retaining Apps and data which went well, and when running the system works well and faster than on W7. However, on shutting down and then doing a cold start, the system shut down part
    way through the startup routine and powered itself off. Found that if I pretended to boot using the original Windows 7 recovery disk and then stopped that it would then give the option of continuing to start Windows 10, which would then startup fine. Restart
    works fine, only a cold start fails. Tried everything I coud think of to fix the startup issue and in desperation did a clean install of Windows 10 but still shows same behaviour on startup. Cannot find anyone else with this problem. Does anyone have a clue?

StephenBleach, Dec 29, 2015
  3. after ms updates, booklet not shutting down completely

A week back, following some critical updates installed by the Windows Updater, the Netbook occasionally BSOD'd after shutting down. It would display the 'shutting down' screen for around a minute, then the BSOD, and the Netbook would reboot.

I tried sending crash diagnostics to MS, to no avail. Finally, I uninstalled the updates, and used system restore back to before the updates were installed. No more BSODs.

hemantkamat, Dec 29, 2015
Thema:

Netbook shuts down when I try to start a clean Windows 10 installation

1. Netbook shuts down when I try to start a clean Windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - Netbook shuts down

2. PC shuts down when starting a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shuts down when starting a game: Just built and set up my new PC with Win 11 installed all necessary programs and drivers. When starting a game e.g. Hell let loose it loads for a moment, then the PC fans run on max for a second and the PC shuts down.No error message, it just cuts off.. I opened HWMonitor on...
  3. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean install shut down: When Im trying to clean install, copying windows files is done like instantly while there is actually no windows files exist at all, is that possible? Then when its getting ready suddenly my laptop shut down by itself and when I turn it on says error because it was shut down...
  4. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 clean install shut down: When Im trying to clean install, copying windows files is done like instantly while there is actually no windows files exist at all, is that possible? Then when its getting ready suddenly my laptop shut down by itself and when I turn it on says error because it was shut down...
  5. Windows 10 clean install shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Laptop shuts down when I try to print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop shuts down when I try to print: Whenever I try to print, my laptop shuts down. I've done a reset of the laptop, but it hasn't helped. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shuts-down-when-i-try-to-print/a25e3952-dc11-4edc-8894-2f3988b8a37c
  7. Programs open when I try to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs open when I try to shut down: Every time I try to shut down my PC, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word open up; and system settings. Why? I have a feeling it might be something to do with my new keyboard because it only started happening when I got it. Also, my mouse sensitivity is stupidly high on...
  8. Windows didn't shut down cleanly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows didn't shut down cleanly: I have Dell XPS8700. After a windows update last June, my computer wouldn't shut down in the normal way. After messing about, looking for a solution for weeks, I discovered that I couldn't open Intel Rapid Storage Technology software, & that it had been corrupted. Once I had...
  9. ASUS X205TA netbook keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS X205TA netbook keeps shutting down: I recently clean installed Win 10 on a friends' netbook; the install was successful and it was working fine after installing a few drivers, Chrome and a few other software programs. I shut it down and a couple of days later my friend came to pick it up. When I then turned on...
  10. shutting down and cleaning screen

in Windows 10 Support
    shutting down and cleaning screen: When I shutdown my asus laptop should I also unplug the battery cord. Also, what is the best thing to clean my computer screen? I know they are stupid questions, but I really don't know much about computers, going on 72 and fairly new at it. Thanks for any help. 68574