Windows 10: Netflix app plays sound but no video

Discus and support Netflix app plays sound but no video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded to w10 from w7 today and everything has ran smoothly other than the netflix app. It plays only sound and then if I search to a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pbaldasera, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Netflix app plays sound but no video

I upgraded to w10 from w7 today and everything has ran smoothly other than the netflix app.
    It plays only sound and then if I search to a different point in the video an error message says "There is a problem with windows media element that is preventing playback" along with error code W8157-887A0005.
    If anyone knows how to fix this please help.

:)

Pbaldasera, Aug 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 Video problems

Having the same problem everywhere except Chrome. My sound plays but no video. It's the same in apps as well (i.e. Facebook, Netflix, ext.) I've tried everything imaginable. In Facebook app some videos don't play at all. No sound or video. I get an
    "unable to decode video" error message or some other random message. Getting ready to just make the leap to Mac.

DarrenF_1975, Aug 4, 2015
  3. viewing videos on windows 10

Same here ,YouTube Netflix and playing Cds has sound but no video

craigmurphy48, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Netflix app plays sound but no video

1. Netflix app plays sound but no video - Similar Threads - Netflix app plays

2. Video stuttering on netflix,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  3. Video stuttering on netflix,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  4. Netflix app Error code: U7361-1254-80070005, unable to play any video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix app Error code: U7361-1254-80070005, unable to play any video: This problem was first posted about in 2016 in this thread, yet it's 2022 and even on a new surface pro with win 10 latest and latest Netflix app from MS store, the problem still occurs on all videos. This is a huge inconvenience because only the app can download movies for...
  5. Netflix app Error code: U7361-1254-80070005, unable to play any video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix app Error code: U7361-1254-80070005, unable to play any video: This problem was first posted about in 2016 in this thread, yet it's 2022 and even on a new surface pro with win 10 latest and latest Netflix app from MS store, the problem still occurs on all videos. This is a huge inconvenience because only the app can download movies for...
  6. Netflix Sound Quality

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Netflix Sound Quality: I finally got around to updating Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 13 7000 a couple days ago. Since then, when I try to stream any content on Netflix, the audio is all distorted. It sounds like a demon talking in my computer, not gonna lie haha. However, my Youtube and Spotify...
  7. Netflix videos pause and play automatically

Netflix videos pause and play automatically: hi team, While using netflix application on windows 10, video pauses and plays automatically again and again. Also windows menu pops up repeated(menu shown after windows key press)...
  8. Play video with sound repeatedly from a video

Play video with sound repeatedly from a video: I found this problem in some of my media player software that i was using, Media Player Classic with KLite media codec installed and XunLei Media Player. for eg. a video in the length of 10 minutes, it will repeat the 2 second of the audio sound from the video, repeat the...
  9. netflix will not play movie

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    netflix will not play movie: hi my netflix is saying i am using an unblocker or proxy..... what does this mean and how do i fix it, thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/netflix-will-not-play-movie/17ec7206-2f3c-4827-9bcf-43d00d19629a"
  10. rebooting while playing videos or netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    rebooting while playing videos or netflix: Hi, I upgraded my mobo from a 770t to a new GA-970a-us3p. Ever since then I've been getting reboots when I play a video or netflix. I've tried: prime95 stress test with no problems, memtest with no problems updated the drivers updated the bios to fb replaced the video...