Windows 10: Netflix app shows Dolby Atmos icon but it does not play atmos

Discus and support Netflix app shows Dolby Atmos icon but it does not play atmos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After reading too much forums, blogs and reports, I give up. My Windows 10 has HEVC, dolby atmos works with VLC or even playing movies directly in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlbinoReis, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Netflix app shows Dolby Atmos icon but it does not play atmos

After reading too much forums, blogs and reports, I give up.

My Windows 10 has HEVC, dolby atmos works with VLC or even playing movies directly in Windows, I have 8700K, GTX 1080 TI, all updated.

Netflix App is working with 4k and Bluray, my Spatial Sound also has Dolby Atmos chosen.

Yet, Netflix app shows the Dolby Atmos icon but it does not play atmos, if I go to the choices I have only max 5.1.

If I use ctrl alt shift D, I can see is playing 5.1

What else can I do to enable this? I've tried uninstall each app, Netflix, GPU driver, etc, nothing works.

The one thing I found it strange, is that windows itself does not recognize all my speakers, I have a 5.1.2 system played by Denon 1400h.

If I go into Windows sounds > advance > choose my default DENON-AVR > configure > Dolby atmos home theater > it will show a 7.1 config, which is not correct, it's not 5.1.2, testing for example the "lateral" speakers (that I do not have, I have HEIGHT speakers, hence 5.1.2) it will play in my back speakers, as well as clicking in the back speakers, also plays there (correctly this time). So that is the only strange thing my windows is showing in testing my HT configuration.

Again, Dolby Atmos works in VLC for example, if I set up in VLC to send the audio directly without windows decoding. There are even tests in VLC where I can play a sound in each speaker per time and it plays correctly, even in my HEIGHT speakers (ceiling).

It seems windows 10 is not configuring correctly my 5.1.2, should I download anything more?

Thanks for the help.

:)

AlbinoReis, Jul 8, 2018

2. Dolby Atmos

We would like to confirm if you have check if you Dolby Atmos can be dectect by your computer?

We suggest that you check if its being detected by following these steps:

• At the bottom right side of your screen, where the Time and date can also be located, look for the
      sound icon.
    • Right click on the sound icon, a smaill window will pop up with the Sound
      menus.
    • Click on the Playback Devices.
    • The Sound window will appear with the Playback
      tab.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

If its not on the list in Playback Devices, kindly check if its listed in Device Manager by:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then
      Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click
      Unintall
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.

After your computer has restarted and your are in the Desktop screen of your computer, connect your Dolby Atmos device. It should automatically be installed in your computer by giving you prompts. Once successfully installed, kindly check if it is detected
    now by you computer in Playback Devices.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kristine Som, Jul 8, 2018
  3. ivanflo Win User
    DOLBY ATMOS APP ON WINDOWS STORE SHOWING ERROR

Below is a complete copy of the support email I was sent from Dolby.

In short:

1. Uninstall Dolby Atmos for headphones2. reset Dolby access

3. Install Dolby Atmos for headphones

This allows me to now select/set Dolby Atmos for spatial surround.

However, my ony source of Atmos content is the Netflix app and unfortunately Netflix still does not detect Atmos compatibility (it use to work fine before I started having these issues).

I basically gave up and went to watch Netflix with Atmos and headphones on my Xbox instead.

how's everyone else tracking?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Andrew!

Thank you for contacting Dolby Customer Support. I do apologize you are having problems with Dolby Atmos on your PC. I would be happy to assist you with this issue.

There are a few steps you will need to follow in order to resolve this issue.

Firstly, I would like for you to uninstall Dolby Atmos for Headphones from your device for me and reinstall it.

In order to do this I would like for you to navigate to your “Apps & Features” folder on your PC. You can do this by clicking your start button at the bottom right of your screen. After you’ve done this go ahead and search for “apps and features” in the Cortana
    search bar. This should then bring up the aforementioned folder in the results. Go ahead and click this folder.

Once you have done this go ahead and check the folder for both “Dolby Access” and “Dolby Atmos for Headphones”. Once you see Dolby Atmos for Headphones, select this and then uninstall it.

After you’ve done this, go back into your Apps & Features folder and select Dolby Access this time. After you’ve done this, instead of uninstalling it, when you have this selected, click on “advanced options” and select “Reset”. This will reset the application
    and the settings within the application.

After you’ve done this, I would like for you to restart your PC and open Dolby Access again. This will now prompt you to set the program up as if it’s the first time you just downloaded it.

Please follow the onscreen steps and you should then be able to use Dolby Atmos again. I would appreciate if you could respond to this email and let us know if this resolves your issue as this is an issue we are expecting these steps to resolve the problem.

Thank you for your patience. Have a wonderful day!

The Dolby Support Team

ivanflo, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Netflix app shows Dolby Atmos icon but it does not play atmos

Andre Da Costa, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Netflix app shows Dolby Atmos icon but it does not play atmos

1. Netflix app shows Dolby Atmos icon but it does not play atmos - Similar Threads - Netflix app shows

2. DOLBY ATMOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOLBY ATMOS: Nao consigo comprar o dobly atmos, a pagina de compra nao abre. O app esta instalado normal. alguem tem uma soluçao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos/b333faee-c4a4-468c-8bf9-d1654d06a693
  3. Dolby atmos

Dolby atmos: I had dolby atmos preinstalled on my lenovo ideapad laptop however my hdd became corrupted and hence switched to a ssd. Now i want to install dolby atmos again for my laptop. How do i do that?...
  4. Dolby atmos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby atmos: I had dolby atmos preinstalled on my lenovo ideapad laptop however my hdd became corrupted and hence switched to a ssd. Now i want to install dolby atmos again for my laptop. How do i do that?...
  5. Dolby Atmos

Dolby Atmos: I tried to buy Dolby Atmos but It wouldn't let me put my postal code until I saw that the region was locked to the UK but in my Microsoft account said that my country was Romania How do I change the country???? [ATTACH] this is from Dolby almost [ATTACH] this is from my...
  6. dolby atmos

in Windows 10 Customization
    dolby atmos: why cant I enable dolby atmos for home theatre? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos/b8b31f3d-ccb6-43c2-a425-a9b25700ec2d
  7. DOLBY ATMOS - Feature Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DOLBY ATMOS - Feature Broken: Hello, I have a windows 10 PC which is fully up to date but have an ongoing issue with integration of Dolby Atmos. When I select "Dolby access for home theatre" it simply doesn't activate. And trying to activate it via the configuration spatial sound menu results in the...
  8. DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER

DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER: Hello! Quick question: Does my surround system have to be Dolby Atmos, for it to work? Because when I set it on/to ''Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre'', I hear absolutely no sound! Does this have to do to the fact that the trial period has expired? Or because my AV Receiver...
  9. Dolby Atmos for Headphones

Dolby Atmos for Headphones: Hello, I was excited for the Creator's Update in large part because of the addition of Dolby Atmos for headphones. However, after installing Dolby Access and the required additional content, I see that I will only have a 30-day trial. I was under the impression this was...
  10. Dolby Atmos on Logitech Z506

Dolby Atmos on Logitech Z506: Hello friends! I am seeking help in a question regarding Dolby Atmos. I bought Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround System. I installed it properly and I configure it in Realtek Sound Driver for 5.1. It happens that everytime I enable Dolby Atmos for headphones (for some reason...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems win 10 dolby atmos netflix

2. windows 10 atmos demos work but not netflix

3. netflix atmos windows 10

4. windows 10 netflix app wont play atmos,
  5. netflix app no atmos,
  6. netflix windows 10 atmos playback,
  7. netflix atmos not detected,
  8. netflix dolby atmos problems windows 10,
  9. netflix atmos windows 10 2080p?,
  10. why does netflix movie say dolby atmos but only plays back in 5.1,