Windows 10: Netflix App Won't run in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Netflix App Won't run in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone else having issues with the Netflix app in Windows 10 Home? I upgraded my main desk top PC with Win 10 at the weekend and all went well. Today I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Teflon, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Teflon Win User

Netflix App Won't run in Windows 10 Home

Anyone else having issues with the Netflix app in Windows 10 Home? I upgraded my main desk top PC with Win 10 at the weekend and all went well. Today I installed the Netflix app from Windows Store and it won't load. It starts to open, then simply shuts down.

I tried downloading the app to my wifes laptop (which was upgraded earlier today) with exactly the same result, so presumably it's an app issue or more general Windows 10 issue. Any thoughts?

Cliff

:)

Teflon, Aug 3, 2015
  2. donk15 Win User

Audio problems after Windows 10 upgrade

So I have just found that in Windows 10 also won't run the Netflix app or built in news app, are there fixes for these and are they related to my sound/volume problems?

donk15, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Video Youtube Netflix error messages

I use both for Netflix and edge for YouTube. Today when I was on a WiFi Connection i checked the Netflix app and it played. Now that I'm home using continuum it won't play. Also, yesterday when i was talking to Netflix support, it worked! As soon as We
    hung up, and it stopped working.

chickensrus, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Netflix App Won't run in Windows 10 Home

Same problem here. A window with the Netflix logo and loading animation shows up for a couple of seconds before it simply disappears. I've tried uninstalling the app and rebooting several times, but nothing seems to help. I want the Netflix app to work in order to get surround sound, so hopefully this will be fixed soon.

This thread seems to discuss a similar problem: Windows 10 - release version: Some apps won't launch - Windows 10 Forums

brokenwindows, Aug 4, 2015
  5. hawkman Win User
    Apparently Netflix requires Silverlight which is not supported in W10, and
    Cliff same goes for Skygo.

Roy

hawkman, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Silver light is supported in Windows 10. It's not supported in Edge, which doesn't support ActiveX, but Netflix works in HTML5 mode in Edge.

Mystere, Aug 4, 2015
  7. Teflon Win User
    Cheers guys, so it does appear to me a more general problem, and nothing I've done at my end.

Guess I'll have to wait for Netflix\Microsoft to sort things.

Cliff

Teflon, Aug 4, 2015
  8. EricTheO Win User

I did an upgrade installation from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home with no software or hardware issues to speak of. The Netflix app installed and runs fine on my Dell Inspiron N7010.

EricTheO, Aug 4, 2015
  9. Alley Cat Win User
    Works fine for me on my HP Pavilion desktop.

Alley Cat, Aug 4, 2015
  10. Hello to everyone. I am experiencing the same problem on multiple machines. I think that either a windows update or an update of the Netflix app is causing it to crash a few seconds after starting. I had to re-install Win 10 on my living room pc yesterday and when I installed the Netflix app it kept force closing. The app worked flawlessly up until I re-installed it. I also confirmed that it was working on my laptop and then un-installed and then re-installed from the store. Once I did this it was broken on my laptop as well. Netflix works fine in Internet Explorer and Chrome. I hope they fix the issue soon!

Anthony2690, Aug 4, 2015
  11. merrayz Win User
    same here and mail app does the same thing

merrayz, Aug 4, 2015
  12. Are you guys all using Home?

I have Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Installed the Netflix app on Saturday and it has been working flawlessly since (used it last yesterday night).

From what I hear, Netflix has pretty good support - you can chat with them right from your favourite browser. Perhaps give them a shout and report back here?

Hope you guys get it fixed. 1080p and 5.1 sound are glorious.

mrmatteastwood, Aug 4, 2015
  13. Netflix App Won't run in Windows 10 Home

I'm using Home, too.

I found this Reddit post where the problem is discussed. One of the replies:
    I guess we'll just have to wait for an app update. By the way, W10 has been working flawlessly for me except for this.

brokenwindows, Aug 4, 2015
  14. The Netflix app was working without issues when i installed it on the 30th of July. As of today on August 5th, it starts, spins for 5 seconds and leaves the screen. I have seen on the official MS forums that more people are chiming in on this issue. MS only gives the usual generic answers that 9 times out of 10 do nothing to solve the issue.

formula409, Aug 4, 2015
  15. Teflon Win User
    Yup - another Windows Home user here. I guess as Netflix seem to be aware of the issue, it's a case of waiting for an updated app.

Cliff

Teflon, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Netflix App Won't run in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Netflix App Won't

2. Netflix App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  3. Netflix App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  4. Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix Windows 10 App streaming Issues: Hello Redditers, I have a very unique issue with the netflix for windows app since the past 2 days. Before that, it worked properly. Now, whenever I play a video, it takes anything between 2-4 minutes to start streaming and that too at a very low resolution of 640 x 480...
  5. Netflix App on Windows 10 - No 4K

Netflix App on Windows 10 - No 4K: Hello all, I just bought a new laptop and downloaded the netflix app but I can't get 4k playback, just HD. I've listed the steps below I've taken to trouble shoot and my configuration too. Configuration/Troubleshooting: Razer Blade Advanced 15 with Windows 10 all...
  6. Netflix Won't Play With Latest Version Of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Netflix Won't Play With Latest Version Of Windows 10: I just updated to the latest version of Windows 10 because my computer kept telling me that my older version was nearing the end of its service life. But now, I can't play Netflix. Every time that I try to play a video, Netflix says, "Error Code D7353-5101". All of my...
  7. Run VBScript when opening Netflix App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run VBScript when opening Netflix App: Is this possible? I have a script that will turn HDR on/off in Windows and it works really well, but launching Netflix (the only reason I'd like to turn on HDR) from Kodi is clumsy and I'd like to have it run when I open the app. I tried Bill2's process manager already and it...
  8. Netflix won't play vidoes

Netflix won't play vidoes: Why won't my laptop play Netflix vidoes? It will play the previews of a movie but when I click on a movie to watch it won't play the movie? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix-wont-play-vidoes/89824f93-b6b3-4260-a77d-e0916843120e
  9. Can not reset Netflix app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not reset Netflix app in Windows 10: My Netflix app doent work properly in Windows 10 and I want to reset it. But when I came to App & features in Settings Apps, I found that When I click on it or I double click on it, It doesnt show the "Advanced Options" for me to choose to reset it. I post 2 pictures for...
  10. Fix Netflix app not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Netflix app not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] While you can always stream Netflix videos using any browser, Windows 10 offers you a native app to watch videos. Now it may so happen that while it works on the browser, the app doesn’t work. You may be getting [...] This post Fix Netflix app not working on Windows...