Windows 10: Netflix freezes full screen.

Discus and support Netflix freezes full screen. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Two week ago I upgraded to windows 10 and immediately installed a new SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD Drive. All is working fine with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IndieP, Sep 20, 2015.

1. IndieP Win User

Netflix freezes full screen.

Hi Everyone,
    Two week ago I upgraded to windows 10 and immediately installed a new SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD Drive. All is working fine with the exception of Netflix that freezes avery minute or so in medium and full screen, (works ok in minimized screen).
    I understand Netflix needs "Silverlight" to function which is supposedly supported by Windows 10 but not by Windows Edge. I've tried running Netflix on Explorer but still have the same problem.
    However, I've also heard that Netflix no longer uses "Silverlight."

Anyone have any ideas.

:)

IndieP, Sep 20, 2015
  2. CourtneyR Win User

I can full screen Netflix but the top grey bar and the task bar do not disappear

Original title: netflix

when on Netflix watching a programme I can full screen Netflix but the top grey bar and the task bar do not disappear, help?

CourtneyR, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Using full screen Video Apps

I use three monitors and I usually use one for watching videos or playing music. When I have something playing, say on the Netflix app on that screen, and I open another application to use on another screen, The Netflix window minimizes automatically.
    Is there any way to disable the feature that minimizes video when focus is lost?

Also using the Netflix app full screen, there is no button to go back to windowed mode. There is the expand to full screen button when the window is not full screen but because there is no bar in full screen and no contextual buttons to revert back, in order
    to make the app windowed I need to completely exit the app by going back to my desktop and right clicking the icon on my taskbar, close it, then reopen it.

TheYakSupplyer, Sep 20, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Netflix has not used Silverlight for some time. Have you tried watching in Google Chrome? 10 has some issues with video streaming if you choose to do an upgrade and retain all previous settings, apps and drivers.

bro67, Sep 20, 2015
  5. PJLLB Win User
    Are you using the Netflix app or a browser?

PJLLB, Sep 20, 2015
  6. IndieP Win User
    I have not tried using Chrome and I do not have the Netflix app. To be honest, I thought the Netflix app was only for Apple and Android tablets and phones.

IndieP, Sep 20, 2015
  7. PJLLB Win User
    There is indeed a Windows Netflix app. Look for it in the Windows Store. It is free.

PJLLB, Sep 20, 2015
  8. IndieP Win User

Thanks, I'll check it out.

IndieP, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Netflix freezes full screen. - Similar Threads - Netflix freezes full

2. Netflix freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix freeze: I open the Netflix app and it starts to freeze when I go full screen.My windows version: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix-freeze/0dedcdfe-f8a5-4faf-8527-e3c81b514fe2
  3. Netflix freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix freeze: I open the Netflix app and it starts to freeze when I go full screen.My windows version: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix-freeze/0dedcdfe-f8a5-4faf-8527-e3c81b514fe2
  4. Netflix app freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix app freezes my laptop: Occasionally when using the Netflix app, my whole laptop will freeze, and I have not found any way to get out of it without having to force shut down nor find the reason why it does that.It sometimes happens randomly, mostly when it transitions into playback, but I noticed it...
  5. Netflix app freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix app freezes my laptop: Occasionally when using the Netflix app, my whole laptop will freeze, and I have not found any way to get out of it without having to force shut down nor find the reason why it does that.It sometimes happens randomly, mostly when it transitions into playback, but I noticed it...
  6. Computer freezes when exiting full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes when exiting full screen: Hi. So recently i just bought my first desktop pc. Everything was perfect until i found something strange. Whenever i exit a full screen game(like when pressing continue on the end screen of league of legends, or exit game on any other game) my pc freezes. Audio is still...
  7. Videos freezing in full screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos freezing in full screen.: Hi. I am having a problem playing videos in full screen. No matter what player I use they will freeze. They play fine if theyre not in full screen. They will play in full screen if I move the mouse constantly. But if I stop moving the mouse the screen freezes. The audio will...
  8. Why Netflix keeps on freezing?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Netflix keeps on freezing?: Hey Can anyone tell why Netflix keeps on freezing on Windows 10 and how to fix this issue? 140186
  9. Netflix keeps freezing on Windows laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Netflix keeps freezing on Windows laptop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Netflix is one of the leaders in the online video streaming market. As it expanded across platforms, the company launched an app for Windows 10 systems. However, many users have reported that the Netflix app keeps freezing on Windows. If [...] This post...
  10. Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes, windows media freezes or goes to full black screen: Since I updated Windows 10, a week ago, weird things are happening. Windows Media dissapeared some of the songs. In three separate times, when i'm switching to skin, instead of showing a small player, the screen turned black although the music was still playing, I had to...