Windows 10: Netflix now available on Firefox --Linux too you don't need Chrome

Discus and support Netflix now available on Firefox --Linux too you don't need Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks Netflix users can use the Firefox browser --you don't need to use Chrome which a lot of people don't like. Works directly on IE11 too... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Sep 2, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Netflix now available on Firefox --Linux too you don't need Chrome

Hi folks

Netflix users can use the Firefox browser --you don't need to use Chrome which a lot of people don't like.

Works directly on IE11 too

I HATE Edge so I haven't even bothered tried using that.

Works both on Windows and Linux.

Simply go to Netflix.com and sign in to your account. When you start watching anything for the first time you'll see a little prompt to enable DRM. press on the box and Netflix starts working. Nothing to install and you don't need adobe flash extensions either.

Here's a screenshot of Shooter on Netflix using Firefox with Centos 7. Video is far better than the screenshot of course as the screenshot is trying to capture a changing image. !!!

You can get up to standard full HD 1080p -- not sure yet about ultra high HD --I think you need an extra subscription for that and a capable TV / monitor of displaying. Whether standard browsers can do that I don't know.

Netflix now available on Firefox --Linux too you don't need Chrome [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 2, 2017

2. OVI MAP Plugin for Firefox 3.6?

So I'm using firefox 3.6.8 on Linux. And when I go to the "Routing" tab, it says my browser is not supported and I need firefox 3.5 or IE.

Are you saying firefox 3.6.8 is supported ? If yes, is it supported on LInux too ?

tnx.

kaych---01, Sep 2, 2017
  3. tjcater Win User
    System crashes (Either SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) after adding ram

Have you tried running Netflix in another browser such as chrome or Firefox?

I have no issues with YouTube in any browser that isn't Edge

(Can't say much if its an app that makes you BSOD as I don't typically use them much)

tjcater, Sep 2, 2017
Thema:

Netflix now available on Firefox --Linux too you don't need Chrome

1. Netflix now available on Firefox --Linux too you don't need Chrome - Similar Threads - Netflix available Firefox

2. Netflix app is too quiet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix app is too quiet?: The Windows 10 app for Netflix available on the Windows Store is extremely low volume, to the point that it is almost too quiet to be heard, despite it being at max volume in Sound Mixer. The strange thing is, lowering it's volume to to the bottom or even muting it altogether...
  3. Now you don't see me - and now you see

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Now you don't see me - and now you see: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SektorL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9rw1o/now_you_dont_see_me_and_now_you_see/
  4. Microsoft Teams is now available on Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Teams is now available on Linux: Starting today, Microsoft Teams is available for Linux users in public preview, enabling high quality collaboration experiences for the open source community at work and in educational institutions. Users can download the native Linux packages in .deb and .rpm formats here....
  5. Firefox Reality now available for Oculus Quest

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Reality now available for Oculus Quest: We are excited to announce that Firefox Reality is now available for the Oculus Quest! Following our releases for other 6DoF headsets including the HTC Vive Focus Plus and Lenovo Mirage, we are delighted to bring the Firefox Reality VR web browsing experience to Oculus'...
  6. Firefox Preview for Android now available

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Preview for Android now available: At Firefox, we’re passionate about providing solutions for people who care about safety, privacy and independence. For several months, we’ve been working on a new strategy for our Android products to serve you even better. Today we’re very happy to announce a pilot of our new...
  7. Now you see it, Now you don't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Now you see it, Now you don't: For a while I could see all computers on my home network and could access the shared drives on them, and also print to the network printer which is hard wired to one of the desktops. . Then something happened. Now only the Windows 7 machines show up under "Computers" - all...
  8. Firefox Quantum for Enterprise now available

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Quantum for Enterprise now available: Fast, lightweight, secure and easily configurable, Firefox Quantum for Enterprise should be your go-to for business browsing. [img] Browsers are key to how everyone in your company works, but how often do you think about them? A memory-hungry browser can slow your systems...
  9. Firefox 64-bit is now available to download

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox 64-bit is now available to download: Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Mozilla Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI,...
  10. Cortana: Now available where and when you need her

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana: Now available where and when you need her: Cortana was created to be a truly personal digital assistant – available on the go, no matter where or when you need help, and on whatever device you carry. That’s why it’s important to us that we bring Cortana to not only the Windows 10 ecosystem, but to other platforms....