Windows 10: Netflix video streaming to external screen

Discus and support Netflix video streaming to external screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, via HDMI and my HD TV works just fine except things like Netflix in either IE, Edge or the Netflix app. Audio streams but the windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blackcarrera, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Netflix video streaming to external screen

Hi all,

via HDMI and my HD TV works just fine except things like Netflix in either IE, Edge or the Netflix app. Audio streams but the windows is black whilst everything else works fine. Windows 8 does not give me this problem. As soon as I move the window or Netflix app to the main screen the video is shown in the window or app. Any one else have this or know of a way to fix this?

In case I forgot to forgot fill in my system specs: Laptop MSI GT70. I thought I read somewhere that having an integrated GPU such as this laptop has part of the problem. My other laptop: ASUS doesn't have an integrated GPU and works with Netflix streaming on my HD TV.

:)

blackcarrera, Jul 18, 2015

2. No video stream since windows 10 update

Netflix Works on edge (Netflix uses Silverlight ) , but not the app. will see if there is an update. Kodi still does not stream video and youtube works on and off ( green screen).

thanks Vinod

colinarkless62, Jul 18, 2015
  3. Netflix desktop app is not working on windows 10

Tried two additional actions

Lowered the Video Settings on the Netflix account to low from High Def. It
    made no change, stated another way this had no effect. Wondered if there might be a DRM/HDCP different between high and low settings.

Launched the old Internet Explorer. yes I know this is suppose to be a depricated browser. Although it produced the same outcome and Microsoft Edge, or the Netflix Windows Store application. Sound/audio output to an external device connected via HDMI.
    Althought the video does not output. if you turn on captions the captions in different languages output the video. As well if you hover the mouse over the streaming bar, it provides the video small popup window with the static illustration showing what
    video content exists if you jump to a future or past part on the movie timeline. Although still a black screen with no video on Windows 10.

So very odd that it outputs to the laptops PC screen, but not to the Samsung TV over HDMI. Everything else in Windows outputs over the HDMI. Only the Netflix video does not work. In Microsoft Edge or the NetFlix Windows store app when trying to get 1080p.
    Also lower content on netflix that is only 720p will not play in Microsoft Edge or the Store App. but the same content will stream in chrome.

JaymeKinneberg, Jul 18, 2015
  4. Netflix video streaming to external screen

I would recommend installing kodi and don't bother using netflix anymore. kodi would work better and you would not need netflix anymore and is free. if you need any help let me know
    thanks

playero23s, Jul 25, 2015
Thema:

Netflix video streaming to external screen

1. Netflix video streaming to external screen - Similar Threads - Netflix video streaming

2. Video stuttering on netflix,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  3. Video stuttering on netflix,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video stuttering on netflix,...: Hi, I just wanted to say I had some issues with stuttering movies or videos in windows 11... Obviously this is really annoying and I saw alot of people had the same question.Therefore I have created this question to inform you I have found the solution to my problem...I have...
  4. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  5. Streaming videos

Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  6. Unable to stream Netflix in 4K

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to stream Netflix in 4K: I just got a new 4k monitor and I was excited to try out Netflix streaming in 4k but all the titles continue to show only in HD. - My ISP is Google Fiber, have plenty of bandwidth and 4K works fine on my TV - Tried on both Microsoft Edge and the Windows Netflix App -...
  7. Streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime showing only a green screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime showing only a green screen: On Netflix or Amazon Video I can see previews, but when I make a selection I hear the soundtrack but cannot see the picture...only get a green screen. How to fix this?...
  8. Netflix App Low Quality Streaming

Netflix App Low Quality Streaming: After upgrading to Win 10 my streaming quality is lousy in my NF app. I don't see any settings for this. Any help appreciated. 19185
  9. BSOD While Streaming Netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While Streaming Netflix: I just went full screen and then I got the BSOD. I tried restarting and unplugging the power cable after a shutdown. My drivers and Windows updates are up to date. My PC is experiencing heavy slow down since the crash. 71619
  10. streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming video: Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either. Any...