Windows 10: NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 WiFi windows 10 anniversary update problems

Discus and support NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 WiFi windows 10 anniversary update problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I think this is the 4th USB Wifi adapter that i have tried to use with windows 10 after the anniversary update to create a hotspot/adhoc Mainly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Exeagle, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Exeagle Win User

NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 WiFi windows 10 anniversary update problems

Hi, I think this is the 4th USB Wifi adapter that i have tried to use with windows 10 after the anniversary update to create a hotspot/adhoc

Mainly using the program connectify

Befor doing this update my USD wifi was fine i was forced to update windows for the new game forza that came out not to long ago it wouldn't allow me to download or install the game without this actual update on pc..

sadly it has broken my wifi adaptors the drivers and software no longer work correctly..

Please direct your attention to screen shot 1

on the left side the device comes up as a lan card in the middle of the screen shot you will see it showing up top

But the Microsoft hosted network adaptor isnt enable or showing up correctly I need this to be able to make and start the hotspot/adhoc

it doesn't think its a wifi adaptor anymore

on the right side you can see there no sharing options etc on the wi fi properties basically useless

Now i will plug in a little tp link usb adaptor (10$ one) that can't reach where i need it to.. i'll leave the net gear plugged in as well

Now can we go to screen shot 2 please

You will see on the left side now the Microsoft wi-fi adaptor has enabled it self..

Now on the netgear wifi properties it now has its sharing options back

But when i try to make a adhoc using connectify or the windows command prompt way they use the little tp link wifi adaptor and not the net gear one..

is there a way when creating a adhoc to some how tell it to use the other device and not the shitty tp link adaptor ?

is there a way to get Microsoft to fix this problem ? and whatever they broke in there update to roll it back lol

I have had the anniversary update for more then 10 days and i dont feel like formatting my system i have to much stuff and it would be a pain in the ass

help please xD

:)

Exeagle, Oct 31, 2016
  2. ACG06 Win User

Wifi keeps going out. Wireless Adapter needs constant resetting

I finally got an AC1200 netgear (A6210) which not only solved my problem but made my speed 3X faster to 120 mbps. $65 well spent.

ACG06, Oct 31, 2016
  3. wifi disconnecting

Dear Sirs,

Relative to WIFI issues or WIFI disconnects after the Windows Creators update , I notice that the update CHANGED WHICH WIFI ADAPTOR MY SYSTEM WAS USING.

I had purchased an external USB NETGEAR AC1200 adaptor to solve previous and similar Windows 10 WIFI issues, but the Creators Update had changed my enabled and selected WIFI adaptor back to the original Dell built in wifi adaptor that has always had problems
    with Windows 10.

So I am very sure this is my only problem, and I have once again disabled the Dell wifi adaptor, and reselected my newer Netgear AC1200 adaptor external USB Wifi adaptor.

Hope this helps some people.

Jay DeArmond

jaybird_886, Oct 31, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

So the short version is that the adapters you have tried, without stating manufacturer or model you have used, pretty much sounds like the drivers are not compatible with Windows 10.

For all that we know is that you are using some old outdated adapters that do not have current drivers available. Has nothing to do with AU or your Gateway.

bro67, Oct 31, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    if you want to share Internet by means the Hot-Spot, there is a Option under Settings>Wifi & Internet>Mobile Hotspot (W10-1607)
    Also using netsh will help on this: Open an elevated command prompt,
    netsh wlan show hostednetwork - see if it is set as allowed, if not type:
    netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="any name you like" key="8 chars long"
    netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    Now you have available the Ad-Hoc network; you may want to open configuration and allow Sharing Network by other user and so on.

Adalwar, Oct 31, 2016
  6. Adalwar Win User
    in a elevated command prompt, see if adapter/Driver support Hostednetwork:

netsh wlan show driver

NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 WiFi windows 10 anniversary update problems [​IMG]

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 WiFi windows 10 anniversary update problems - Similar Threads - NETGEAR A6210 AC1200

2. Netgear wifi not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netgear wifi not found: I just got net gear wifi but it wont show up i went on the website deleted and reinstall the wifi thing refreshed alot but nothing my brothers computer found it and connected to it with no problems help...
  3. Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter: My computer was working flawlessly. I had it restart with update. When it restarted, there wasn't a wireless connection. I looked for wireless networks and the computer wasn't seeing any. I restarted the computer, hoping it was just some glitch. When it restarted, it still...
  4. Cannot replace Netgear A6210 driver (A6210 driver for win 10 causes system crash when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot replace Netgear A6210 driver (A6210 driver for win 10 causes system crash when...: There is a known issue with the Netgear A6210 Wireless network adapter device where connecting to a network causes a system crash. Suggested fixes seem to mostly say to install the correct MediaTek driver, as it's their chip in the A6210. This would be fine, except that I...
  5. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problem: Hello guys, I have small problem updating Windows 10 to the Anniversary update/build on my PC. I was downloading the 1607 build this morning through Windows update as usual and it installed some other updates, but not the build update. Now it keeps saying that my PC is...
  6. Windows 10 Anniversary - wifi problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Anniversary - wifi problems: Ok, on one PC, connected by ethernet wire to router, upgraded to 1607 with seeminly no problems. On my other PC, connected by wifi usb dongle (Netgear), I upgraded to 1607 but was left with no wifi internet. Wifi was fine throughout the upgrade, but disappeared completely...
  7. Anniversary Update Problem

Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  8. Anniversary Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update Problems: Hi, I've tested a few anniversary update features and although it was going to get disabled on Win 10 Pro only, on Enterprise also some tricks are not working. As usual, to save time, after each clean Windows installation, I run a number of .reg and .bat files to highly...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary update problem....

Windows 10 Anniversary update problem....: Hi, I am currently running Windows 10 Pro edition 10586.494 without issue,as I have not yet received the automatic update to the Anniversary Edition I decided to install it manually. I downloaded the Windows 10 upgrade assistant and it checked my PC and proceeded to...
  10. Anniversary update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update problems: I finally got round to installing the anniversary update once I realised there was a way to disable Cortana through the registry, and it all seemed to install without any issues. Now that it's up and running though, a couple of problems have emerged: - The regedit...