Windows 10: Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc

Discus and support Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So originally I upgraded my mini PCI card and was trying to get that working... It was recognized in the device manager but not the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Irish7771, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Irish7771 Win User

Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc

So originally I upgraded my mini PCI card and was trying to get that working... It was recognized in the device manager but not the network connections.. I could not see the adapter to use or enable/disable etc despite having the drivers up to date. Now I have my old card back in and now have the same issue with it! It is present without a problem and with the newest drivers in network connections... But I can't use it, can't see it anywhere else! I try to create a new connection in network connections and it does not give me wireless as an option.

Running Windows 10 64bit on a Sony VAIO SVT151A11u laptop.

The old wireless card that is reinstalled is an Atheros AR9485WB-EG.

:)

Irish7771, Sep 9, 2015

2. Cannot connect wm6 device to PC

Ok, so with the device connected if you go into device manager, it is supposed to show in two places if everything is OK.

Portable Devices and Network adapters.

My guess is that you only have it appearing once and that is in Network adapters.

Correct?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 9, 2015
  3. kevins846 Win User
    No network connectivity after Windows 10 Upgrade

I just finished updating my laptop (Lenovo G505) to windows 10 and it seemed to go ok. But now I have no network connectivity at all. The network devices show in device manager but 0 adapters show in network connections. I've even tried using USB wireless
    devices and a USB wired adapter but same result, they show up in device manager but not network connections. In device manager they say working correctly. Any ideas?

kevins846, Sep 9, 2015
  4. Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc

I have exactly the same problem. Clean install, Wireless adapter is WUSB54G. The adapter says it is working fine in device manager, but Windows 10 does not give wireless as an option.
    Thanks!

simpsonps121, Sep 10, 2015
  5. Irish7771 Win User
    I originally thought it was a sony problem with me replacing their wireless card... But I've done the same thing as you, trying to use a usb wireless adapter and have ended up with the same problem... Seen in device manager but unusable anywhere else! I've seen some people solve this with a clean install of win 10... but I clean installed windows 10 after I updated to it and dont really want to go through the hassle of installing ALL of my programs again....

Microsoft has to come up with a solution to this... its absurd this is even a problem!

Irish7771, Sep 10, 2015
  6. Yea... mine was a fresh install. Formatted drive, and installed. Hopefully someone can help!

(I have a 32 bit system...)

7. Sn1p3r Win User
    Go to run and type " ncpa.cpl "
    Do you see your Network adapters ? If yes then

Try to hit the HOT KEY for wireless in keyboard , some times these problem occur after clean install too . I had got the same problem in my previous laptop Acer e1-571G . Let me know if the problem still continuous [

Sn1p3r, Sep 10, 2015
  8. Irish7771 Win User

Nope no network adapters there... That's the problem. They are functioning fine with up to date drivers in the device manager but not in network connections...

Irish7771, Sep 10, 2015
  9. Sn1p3r Win User
    Can u go to ur BIOS and have a look if network adapter are disabled or enabled

Sn1p3r, Sep 10, 2015
  10. Irish7771 Win User
    Enabled, and I've tried resetting the bios settings...

Irish7771, Sep 10, 2015
  11. I am going to just follow along for now. Hopefully I learn something that can help me too! But I don't want to mix up the support.

12. graymoon Win User
    i had the same issue and i found out the solution.
    just remove your antivirus/internet security. You can then reinstall your antivirus / security software if it solves the problem.
    hope it work for you.

graymoon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc - Similar Threads - Network Adapter Device

2. Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.: I bought a ASUS TUF Gamming F15 FX506LHB 1 year ago and the Network adapter has abruptly stopped working. It had been working fine beforehand.It is not showing up in Network and Sharing Centre. It was hidden in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth options have disappeared as...
  3. Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.: I bought a ASUS TUF Gamming F15 FX506LHB 1 year ago and the Network adapter has abruptly stopped working. It had been working fine beforehand.It is not showing up in Network and Sharing Centre. It was hidden in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth options have disappeared as...
  4. A lot of Network Adapters in my Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A lot of Network Adapters in my Device Manager: * I have 10 network adapters and 8 of them are WAN Miniport here are some : IKEv2, L2TP, SSTP, PPTP, PPPOE, and Network monitor. I'm just wondering what these are, specifically network monitor. Does it mean that it's monitoring what I do?...
  5. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  6. Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless network adapter is hidden in device manager: My Laptop Windows 10 can't connect to wifi can't find wifi option. When I check my wifi adapter in device manager it was missing, then when I click on View>>Show hidden devices. I saw my wifi adapter is disabled and I double click on it. It says "currently this hardware...
  7. Device Manager: Network Adapters always expanded -- Gigabit Network

Device Manager: Network Adapters always expanded -- Gigabit Network: Gigabit Network Connection network adapter is disabled on my computer that talks to my router over wi-fi, not through a cable. I don't recall having disabled it, but I clearly don't need it when my wi-fi router is only 8 feet away, and everything internet- and home...
  8. Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager: I'm setting up a new SURFACE Pro 7 to replace my Pro 4. New machine won't connect to the Internet via my home wi-fi. Device manager lists the adapter and says the driver is current. However, the General tab says "Currently. this hardware device is not connected to the...
  9. Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks: The problem arised after I had come back from a month of using an ethernet connection which I no longer have access to, so I switched back to this, to find it not working at all. The Wifi adapter doesn't even show up in network connections. In device manager, it shows up and...
  10. Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .: I'd like to make a shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/Nvidia nforce networking controller. Or, better still, a batch command to disallow the device from waking the computer. The problem is that it frequently reverts to allowing wake, thus making it impossible to...