Windows 10: Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

Discus and support Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello. I'm hoping somebody knowledgeable can help me. I've looked online and I can't find an answer for this problem. I've just recently picked up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by GhengisJohn, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

Hello. I'm hoping somebody knowledgeable can help me. I've looked online and I can't find an answer for this problem. I've just recently picked up windows 10 (It's been less than a week so I'm admittedly a noob with it) and I want to create a virtual machine. I've gone through all the other steps like enabling virtualization in the bios but I've hit a speed bump when it comes to internet connectivity. In all the tutorials I've seen on the internet, the network adapters just appear in the configuration list. For me there's nothing available to select. I only see a "Not connected" message like so:
    I thought about installing an os and then installing the network adapter that way, but unbuntu is refusing to install without an internet connection (it keeps trying to connect and it never does) and windows 10 tells me it can't verify my product code without one. I've seen other tutorials online where people simply hit skip when windows 10 asks for a product code, but I don't even have a skip option available. I've looked online for solutions and none of the ones I've found match my problem. I've even seen people say that if your computer can access the net the adapter should just be there, but as often happens in life things seem to be more complicated for me.

Any help that you guys can offer would be appreciated.

:)

GhengisJohn, Jan 21, 2016

2. Build 10568 update broke wired ethernet connection

Seem to be a known issue with Windows 10 and Hyper-V - uninstall the Hyper-V network adapters and reconfigure them again. Should solve the problem.

awesmdiver, Jan 21, 2016
  3. Build 10568 update broke wired ethernet connection

Today, I installed the publicly available new build of Windows 10 (10568). After the update, my AX88772A USB2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter no longer works. The system has Hyper-V installed, but I've tried booting with and without Hyper-V (via bcdedit) with
    no success. I also tried uninstalling the Hyper-V Virtual Switch corresponding to the wired adapter, without success.

The wired adapter was physically connected during the update. Wireless adapter works fine.

Device manager claims that the adapter is installed and working properly, but I installed a later driver from the ASIX website anyway, without success (that is, device manager claims that the adapter is working properly, but it isn't working).

Network Connections shows that adapter "Ethernet 3" (ASIX AX88772A USB2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter) is enabled and working fine. However, an adapter labeled "Ethernet" (Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter #2) is disabled. Attempting to enable this adapter fails.
    All other pieces of Network Connections report Connected, Enabled. Attempting to diagnose "Ethernet" (Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter #2) reports: Problems found: "there might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter". Hovering over this error
    shows: "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter."

Only other thing that could *possibly* be related is that, after the update, a message: "Intel Smart Connect Technology App removed" not compatible with this release" appears in Notification center each time the machine is rebooted.

Anyone have suggestions as what else to try??? I'm about ready to revert back to 10240 and *hope* that fixes it. I'd also thought of uninstalling/reinstalling Hyper-V, or the uninstalling/reinstalling "Ethernet" device in Device Manager or uninstalling/reinstalling
    the ASIX device in Device Manager.

Bob Beauchemin, Jan 21, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

5. Thanks Ix, monkeying around with this info now.

GhengisJohn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

1. Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Network adapters appearing

2. Hyper V Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  3. Hyper V Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  4. Adapter settings in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adapter settings in Hyper-V: Hello in Hyper-V Manager Action Settings, I am trying to select those settings that I need to get my Windows XP virtual computer connected to the network. From what I have read online, I need to select the Legacy Network Adapter item and click the Add button to create a...
  5. Hyper-V Network adapter not connected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V Network adapter not connected in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Hyper-V is a great utility built right inside the Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise editions to enable users to deploy Virtual Machines and other virtualization objects on their computers. Mostly used by the enterprise, Hyper-V is mostly used to deploy [...]...
  6. Hyper-V Network Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Network Error: I learned how to Configure the Switch manager from a video and I believe that I configured it right[ATTACH], then this happened " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-network-error/4c053985-9253-42a6-8e7a-5d14acce148d
  7. Hyper-V Network Adapter Bridge Mode?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Network Adapter Bridge Mode?: I'm running successfully running Android BlueStacks in a Hyper-V machine and have network connectivity through the host adapter. However, one Android app I run does not fully function because it believes the device is not on the same subnet as the actual host machine. Someone...
  8. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  9. Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network: I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and trying to install CentOS 6 on a VM. I define an external virtual switch, create a VM, specifying the use of the external virtual switch. I have 2 NICs on the host system, both with network access and internet access. The external...
  10. Hyper-V: Windows XP 64 bit > cannot configure network adapters

Hyper-V: Windows XP 64 bit > cannot configure network adapters: Hello All: I am new to Hyper-V, so please pardon any stupid question(s) . . . I have researched this but do not seem to be able to pin down my problem. I have set up the virtual machine with a legacy network adapter but it does not work (tried the other way as well and...
Tags: