Windows 10: Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10

Discus and support Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running 8.1 and successfully upgraded to 10 last night. Unfortunately, my network adaptor has disappeared and I have no available WIFI connections.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dsp911, Jul 29, 2015.

1. dsp911 Win User

Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10

I'm running 8.1 and successfully upgraded to 10 last night. Unfortunately, my network adaptor has disappeared and I have no available WIFI connections. The only option is to connect via ethanet which unfortunately my Lenovo Yoga cannot do.

I cannot troubleshoot without an internet connection to download the required driver or adaptor for my wifi.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I tried reversing back to 8.1 and the adaptor was still gone - it was therefore necessary to hit Lenovo's restore button as if the W10 install had never happened.

Thank you for your time.

:)

dsp911, Jul 29, 2015
  2. TimEcott Win User

Lost Wifi connections via internal Wifi adaptor after upgrade to W10 version 10586.3

My PC is a DELL Inspiron 5520. It has an internal Wifi adaptor, which has been working fine ever since I upgraded from W7 to W10.

However, since the automatic upgrade to W10 10586.3, I cannot see any Wifi network via this adaptor. Occasionally, after a reboot, the adaptor seems to be working and connects to my Wifi AP, the connection works for few moments and then drops out - the
    PC then reports no Wifi networks in range.

However, if I plug in a USB Wifi adaptor, this works OK, and consistently. I can see all available Wifi networks and connect to mine, no problem.

The problem seems definitely to be something to do with KB3105211 - as if I remove this, the Wifi works again, OK. However the PC re-installs this update and then Wifi no longer works again.

The internal Wifi adaptor reports it is running on the latest driver version. This is a Dell 1704 802.11 b/g/n adaptor.

Does anyone else have this problem???

Not sure what to do. I will use my USB Wifi stick in the hope that a fix is found and I can revert to using the internal Wifi adaptor.

Thank you.

Tim Ecott.

TimEcott, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Mobile Broadband Sierra Wireless EM7305 not working after windows 10 upgrade

I also have a Sierra Wireless EM7305. Mine is in a Toshiba Z10t.

I upgraded to Windows 10 awhile ago and mine was behaving perfectly. I'm in the 'fast' ring of the insider preview.

Mine has been behaving perfectly until today, when my machine upgraded to the Build 10576. And now, my mobile broadband, it has disappeared! The adaptor does
    not show up in my network adaptors in network connections.

When I go into the Device Manager, it does appear here - with a little triangle and exclaimation mark. When I go in, it says:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I've tried to update the driver through windows update, but it still refuses to behave.

What should I do? Does anyone have any ideas how to get it to work? I may have to roll back Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10 :(

Cheers!

Матвеи (Matvei), Jul 29, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

I don't have such a notebook.

It's too bad that you have no alternate means of downloading drivers. You'll have to at least get the wireless LAN drivers in hand before attempting the Win10 upgrade again.

Looking at Lenovo support, the drivers for the Yoga are:

Laptops and netbooks :: ThinkPad Yoga Series laptops :: ThinkPad Yoga - Lenovo Support (US)

(This is for the US site, if it matters.) I see no wireless LAN drivers for 10. Perhaps the Windows 8 drivers would serve?

It looks like the notebook is intended to connect to Ethernet using a USB adapter. Is that an option for you?

Good luck.

bobkn, Jul 29, 2015
  5. dsp911 Win User
    Very kind of you Bobkn - I'll give that a go. Thanks.

dsp911, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10 - Similar Threads - Network adaptor has

2. Wifi logo disappears and network adaptor disappears aswell as internet shutdown when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi logo disappears and network adaptor disappears aswell as internet shutdown when...: Whenever i open valorant or any other game to play by the wifi works for the first few minutes then it disconnects i don’t find the wifi logo anywhere, only on device manager under hidden, the only solution is to network reset from settings and it takes 5 minutes. I’ve tried...
  3. Wifi logo disappears and network adaptor disappears aswell as internet shutdown when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi logo disappears and network adaptor disappears aswell as internet shutdown when...: Whenever i open valorant or any other game to play by the wifi works for the first few minutes then it disconnects i don’t find the wifi logo anywhere, only on device manager under hidden, the only solution is to network reset from settings and it takes 5 minutes. I’ve tried...
  4. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adaptors: I have a surface 3 laptop running on windows 10 with wifi modem.Suddenly stopped working with message ‘No internet detected’. Toggled power on laptop and modem, no joy. wifi is fine on other devices so no issues with wifi as such. Advised to install a wifi usb which got me...
  5. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adaptors: I have a surface 3 laptop running on windows 10 with wifi modem.Suddenly stopped working with message ‘No internet detected’. Toggled power on laptop and modem, no joy. wifi is fine on other devices so no issues with wifi as such. Advised to install a wifi usb which got me...
  6. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network adaptor

Network adaptor: Hello i am trying to reinstall my network adpotor for my windows 10 pc. I just got this pc and i was trying to figure out why i could not connect to internet when i Deleted my network adpotor. When ever i try to do a hardware scan it does not pop up again. Please someone...
  8. W10 Send To Device Has Disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Send To Device Has Disappeared: For a long time now I had a entry on my right click menu, that was "Send to device", I had to things listed, my sons computer, and my android phone. If I found a pic, or had a document I wanted on my phone, I clicked Send to device, selected my phone 0r my sons computer, and...
  9. Network adaptor disappears after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network adaptor disappears after updates: Each time my laptop updates, when I turn it back on, I can't access WiFi. It tells me my only network connection is ethernet. The only way I've been able to fix this issue is by restoring my laptop to a point before the update and doing a network reset. Is there any way to...
  10. network adaptors

network adaptors: i have just installed a usb network adaptor on my pc can i link the pc adaptor to the usb adaptor to boost signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adaptors/543b3297-9579-4534-b667-70621a16baaf