Windows 10: Network and sharing Center says wrongly - You are not connected

Discus and support Network and sharing Center says wrongly - You are not connected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, After days and days of googling and desparation...here I am finally reporting the issue to Win 10 forum. When I go to Network and Sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sunny2, Feb 5, 2016.

1. sunny2 Win User

Network and sharing Center says wrongly - You are not connected

Hi all,
    After days and days of googling and desparation...here I am finally reporting the issue to Win 10 forum.
    When I go to Network and Sharing Center of my laptop (Windows 10, intel i5) it says 'You are not connected to any network' under view your active networks.

I have tried many many ways to view my map but all in vain. I have my internet working well and I am using the same laptop and network now to post this forum message, but still there is no map in the sharing center.

I have updated the windows, updated regedit settings of networklist profiles also...but nothing is changed. Have restarted 10 times...no change.

Any help available please?

I am putting my screenshots -

Network and sharing Center says wrongly - You are not connected [​IMG]

It can be seen now - Chrome is working, Edge is not and the Sharing center says I am not connected.

:)

sunny2, Feb 5, 2016

2. Network and Sharing Center states I'm not Connected to the Internet. Also...

As stated in the title, the network and sharing center states that I'm not currently connected to any networks when I am. I recently upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I was having this problem before the upgrade as well. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 14r.
    I've only had this problem one other time, but it was able to be resolved with a simple restart. I've tried everything on the forums, spending hours following different solutions, but none has worked. I checked the Network Location Service & the Network List
    Service and troubleshooted, but the problem still consists. I was hoping that upgrading would solve the problem, but that wasn't the case. Before the upgrade, the WiFi symbol in the task-bar also had a red X marked over it. Here is a screenshot of the issue:

Also, I believe this is the problem as to why I cannot access the Windows Store and Microsoft Edge as well. I've literally tried everything to get the Windows Store to work, but the problem consists. Here is a screenshot of this problem:

I believe it may be because of the network problem. If there is anything I can do to fix this please let me know. I've begun to give up on it.

Amber-chan, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Network and Sharing Center states I'm not Connected to the Internet. Also...

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.

Step1: You may try running the Internet Connection troubleshooter which can help you fix the problems with internet connection.

• Press the Windows Key on the Keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all (on the left)
    • Select Internet connections.
    • Click on Next to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

• Press the Windows Key on the Keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all (on the left)
    • Click on Network adaptor.
    • Click on Next to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: Follow the steps in the given article.

Step 1:

How do I fix network adapter problems?

Step 2:

Wired and wireless
    network connection problems in Windows

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 5, 2016
Thema:

Network and sharing Center says wrongly - You are not connected

1. Network and sharing Center says wrongly - You are not connected - Similar Threads - Network sharing Center

2. unable to access network and sharing center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to access network and sharing center: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2251Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0how to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-network-and-sharing-center/235f8ac7-fe87-4727-ad43-bbaa4cd7e684
  3. unable to access network and sharing center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to access network and sharing center: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2251Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0how to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-network-and-sharing-center/235f8ac7-fe87-4727-ad43-bbaa4cd7e684
  4. unable to access network and sharing center

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. network and sharing center status incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network and sharing center status incorrect: Any idea why my ethernet connection status in network and sharing center shows a name instead of status enabled, disabled, connected etc. ?Apparently the name is one of the device i am using and used to connect to mobile hotspot of my PC....
  6. Network and Sharing center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network and Sharing center: Hi I am not able to open Network and Sharing center, when I click on Network and Sharing center from control panel, control panel freezes. I am stuck with an hour glass, cannot close control panel when clicking on the X, cannot open any other programs in control panel when...
  7. Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center resets

Network Discovery in Network and Sharing Center resets: Hello. I got a laptop a week ago with Windows 10. This morning when I tried to copy a document from the main PC (Windows 7) via WiFi, an error appeared "Network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Please turn on network discovery in Network...
  8. Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties

Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties: I've been looking for an alleged domain name like "domain.local 2" and I can't find it anywhere. EXCEPT on Network and Sharing Center Properties under "View your active networks" where I see: "Domain.local 2 Domain network" At issue is the "2". I'm just about convinced...
  9. Network Sharing and Connecting

Network Sharing and Connecting: I'm Not Able To Connect Other Devices In Same Wifi Network I Tried To Change My PC Settings But Still Facing Same Issue. Can Anyone Suggest Me what I Should Do To Solve This Problem So I Can See Other Device Data and To Use Printer As Well....
  10. Sharing network connection

Sharing network connection: Hello, I'm wondering if anyone is having issues with sharing their internet connection with other devices after a recent update to Windows 10. After installing KB3176936 and KB3176934, I am unable to share my network. My current setup has my laptop connected to the home...