Windows 10: Network Bridge host periodically loses internet connection

Discus and support Network Bridge host periodically loses internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently moved in to my university's apartment complex and I'm having issues with network-bridging. My desktop is connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KomradeIvan, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Network Bridge host periodically loses internet connection

Hello all,

I recently moved in to my university's apartment complex and I'm having issues with network-bridging.

My desktop is connected to the apartment's WAP with an ethernet cable. I use a usb-ethernet adapter and crossover cable to connect my desktop to my laptop. Before move-in, I was able to share an internet connection and files between the computers with no issues. Now, when I enable the bridge, my desktop (hosting the bridge) loses internet connectivity, but my laptop (client) gains connection. I fix this by adjusting the IPv4 address and DNS address on my desktop.

The main issue that prompted me to submit this post:

Once I adjust the addresses, both computers temporarily have connection to the internet. Soon after, my desktop goes through a perpetual cycle of losing and recovering connection.

Please help. I can provide more details if needed.

:)

KomradeIvan, Aug 26, 2018

2. Network Bridge Stops Working after Creator's Update

I have also found that the Network Bridge has issues in the 1709 Windows Creators Update. Prior to update this setup worked flawlessly. It may have been the Creators Update, or an additional update from Windows Update that caused the issue.

Setup: Intel NIC and Wifi card in Host 1, both with new drivers. Wifi to domain network, 1Gb Ethernet to Host 2, bridged. Host 2 in DHCP.

Symptoms include:

• Mis- or very slow detection of network (stays at "unidentified") when both nics are in the plugged/connected state and bridged. Seems to be random whether the WiFi stays connected when DHCP is used on Host 1. Using static IP keeps the Wifi connected on
      Host 1.
    • Pings to local (DNS) and remote servers intermittent on Host 1 after positive detection of domain network. Network task tray icon shows No Internet alert intermittently in conjunction with ping loss. Maybe 10-20 sec of ping replies, then none for a period.
      This suggests maybe a spanning tree detection algorithm is blocking at layer 2.
    • IPV4 Route Table doesn't seem to change between working and non-working state, suggesting the problem is not in the IP stack.
    • Removing bridge removes all symptoms on Host 1, and all connectivity on Host 2.
    • Disabling/re-enabling both bridged NICs on Host 1, enough times and in the correct order, seems to fool the system, or get it a state machine in the proper state, and will finally get the detection algorithm to 'hook-up', but ONLY until the next reboot.

Don E. Johnson, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Network bridge suddenly stopped working in windows 10

Hi Shantanu,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know how your network bridge is connected? Is it a wireless connection or a wired connection?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set up your network bridge to refresh the adapter and reconnect the other devices. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Add Incoming Connections from the Internet.
    • Bridge the two network connections that you want to use.
    • Forget the internal network connection (under
      Manage Known Networks).
    • Reconnect to your bridge network.
    • Restart your computer and check if your concern persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Network Bridge host periodically loses internet connection

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Network Bridge host periodically loses internet connection

1. Network Bridge host periodically loses internet connection - Similar Threads - Network Bridge host

2. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  3. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  4. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wireless networking and "bridge" connections

Wireless networking and "bridge" connections: I have an HP 22" touchscreen desktop running Windows 10 Pro. By the way, the way I upgraded this which used to be a "Win10 Home" machine, was my friend brought an old computer just the midsize tower not the monitor or anything. But the tower had a product key printed right...
  6. Bridging network connections

Bridging network connections: Hello, I am trying to bridged my mobile internet connection which is connected to laptop via usb to my router which is connected to my laptop via ethernet. The connection works fine as I am able to connect to my router and have internet access! The issue is after running in...
  7. Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network: Hello forum, Here's a strange wifi problem that I have with my computer: about every 5-20 minutes it loses access to the internet. I can still reach the local network. After disconnecting from the wifi network and reconnecting, I can reach the internet again for a couple of...
  8. network bridge connection

network bridge connection: I set network bridge connection with my friend to share internet. It worked without any problems till yesterday when I came home I saw a triangle with a explanation mark on it with words "network unidentified". What could happen? I can work on the computer but without the...
  9. Trouble with bridged network connection.

Trouble with bridged network connection.: I've got a Windows 10 pc here connected via a wired connection and sometimes my friend comes over and we play games, also on a windows 10 pc. Normally to give him internet access I put a network cable between my pc and his through my second ethernet port (the motherboard...
  10. Unstable/ Unpredictable Internet Connection On Network Bridge

Unstable/ Unpredictable Internet Connection On Network Bridge: Hi I have a server that I has a shared drive I would like to access on my PC. I have my server and my PC connected to the same router by Ethernet, but this router does not have internet access. My PC is also connected to a router with internet access via a WiFi adapter. In...