Windows 10: Network Cannot See a Computer but Can Access by Using \\Computer_Name

Discus and support Network Cannot See a Computer but Can Access by Using \\Computer_Name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Network can see all but one computers on my home network. The only computer it cannot see is named Blackgem. It used to show up on Network but for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by T. J. Fan, Jul 11, 2018.

1. T. J. Fan Win User

Network Cannot See a Computer but Can Access by Using \\Computer_Name

Network can see all but one computers on my home network. The only computer it cannot see is named Blackgem. It used to show up on Network but for some reason it no longer does.

However, if I type \\Blackgem on the box at top, then I am able to access that computer. Any ideas on how to solve this will be appreciated.

Network Cannot See a Computer but Can Access by Using \Computer_Name 541bc7c2-d9b9-43c4-a5ff-5eab4fc5e2e7?upload=true.jpg

:)

T. J. Fan, Jul 11, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Cannot See a Computer but Can Access by Using \\Computer_Name - Similar Threads - Network Cannot Computer

2. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  3. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  4. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  5. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  6. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

7. Can see network computer but access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can see network computer but access is denied: Bought a new desktop with windows pro 10 and can't get access to other network computer. Can connect to new computer from my old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-see-network-computer-but-access-is-denied/68139dcc-69b7-474f-98a6-e43141469b60
  8. Can see network computer but access is denied

Can see network computer but access is denied: Bought a new desktop with windows pro 10 and can't get access to other network computer. Can connect to new computer from my old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-see-network-computer-but-access-is-denied/68139dcc-69b7-474f-98a6-e43141469b60
  9. Can see network computer but access is denied

10. Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software. Network adapter drivers are the latest. I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue. I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks. Both Wifi and...