Windows 10: Network card issues

Discus and support Network card issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, as this issue is driving me nuts. When I turn my PC on from not being used for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RossL, Oct 27, 2017.

1. RossL Win User

Network card issues

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, as this issue is driving me nuts.

When I turn my PC on from not being used for a few hours, it shows that there is no network card and when I go into network connections, the onboard (inbuilt into my motherboard) network card is not detected. I can only get a network card to be detected if I do 1 of the two following:

A) Restart the PC and the network card is detected straight away.

or

B) Go into Administrative Tools > Device Manage and select 'Scan for hardware changes' and then the network card is instantly detected and I have a network connection again.

I have tried removing the driver and reinstalling it, but that doesn't resolve the issue. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ross

:)

RossL, Oct 27, 2017
  2. AnesDedic Win User

Network card issue.

Troubleshooter cant find any errors. According to Device manager, my network adapters is working properly.

However, when this occurs network system tray icon is gone as well, and my network devices is not visible.

Whats helps is restarting the system and look for the network icon at the login screen connect properly.

So something tells me that this issue has something with booting of OS to do.

AnesDedic, Oct 27, 2017
  3. Network card issue.

Hi AnesDedic,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I’ll be glad to assist you.

Appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by yourself.

What were the results after you ran the troubleshooter?

You may disable and enable the network card and check.

Refer to this article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Run the program in compatible mode and check.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7/8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

I hope this post is helpful. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 27, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

Network card issues

topgundcp, Oct 27, 2017
  5. RossL Win User
    Thanks for that. I will give it a try when I get home. I know for certain my network card doesn't have that setting under power management settings as I looked for it earlier.

Thanks again for your help.

RossL, Oct 27, 2017
  6. RossL Win User
    I gave all of these a go and unfortunately it hasn't resolved the issue. When I just turned on the PC again I had to go into Device Manager and select 'scan for hardware changes' to get the network card to be detected.

RossL, Oct 28, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try disabling hibernation. In a Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) run:

powercfg -h off

You can turn hibernation back on with powercfg -h on if disabling hibernation does not fix the problem.

NavyLCDR, Oct 28, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Network card issues

Is this a laptop that your work gave you or your own personal. Are you running any kind of third party security software that uses a VPN or Proxy?

bro67, Oct 29, 2017
  9. RossL Win User
    Thanks for the responses. So far I am still having the issues, despite trying all the fixes kindly suggested to me.

It is my workhorse desktop PC (i7 2600k, 16gb Ram, Sabertooth P67 mobo). It does have a VPN on it as I need it for development testing at the moment. I'm pretty sure this issue presented itself before the VPN was installed though and have removed it previously to see if it helped the issue and it didn't unfortunately.

The only other software I have installed that I assume impacts on my network connections is Kaspersky Internet Security 2017.

RossL, Oct 29, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    Ditch Kaspersky. There was a note put out that they have been getting private files sent to them when their software tags it was needing further inquiry. It also interferes with the VPN and most likely your issue is with Kaspersky.

Windows Defender and Firewall are up to par with anything you can buy these days. I use Symantec's Cloudpoint security on our desktop and the Macbook and have not had any issues with it. The Cloudpoint group had to help with issue that I was having when it balked and they worked through that at no extra cost and went beyond anything I expected.

I use OpenVPN with SmartDNS and Tunnelbroker on my Macbook Air. Zero issues with it and Symantec. If you need to harden Windows 10 after removing Kaspersky, use this guide. Harden Windows 10 - A Security Guide. How to secure Windows 10 Yes the NSA did the hardening and firewall rules, nothing gets sent to them from those rules. Just be careful when hardening and make a copy of your hard drive before doing. You can use Clonezilla to make a image to a NAS or Pocket drive larger than your computer hard drive.

This of course happened in 2015, but with the current state of affairs, I would stay away from anything that has foreign ties, especially with Russia. Kaspersky says NSA hacking tools obtained after malware was found | ZDNet

bro67, Oct 29, 2017
  11. RossL Win User
    Thank you for that. I wasn't aware of that, so when I have finished this project I will look to ditch it.

Some good news on the network card issue - For the past few days the issue hasn't occurred and I have no idea why. I'm not complaining though, so fingers crossed it is resolved for good now.

Thank you very much for everyone's assistance.

RossL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network card issues

1. Network card issues - Similar Threads - Network card issues

2. Network Card Issue After running Network Adapter Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Card Issue After running Network Adapter Troubleshooter: I ran the Windows 10 Network Adapter Troubleshooter for my Dell Inspiron 3671 - and I discovered that there was a problem I couldn't fix - That the "Ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken" because the McAfee VPN network adapter couldn't be scanned.The...
  3. Network Card Issue After running Network Adapter Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Card Issue After running Network Adapter Troubleshooter: I ran the Windows 10 Network Adapter Troubleshooter for my Dell Inspiron 3671 - and I discovered that there was a problem I couldn't fix - That the "Ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken" because the McAfee VPN network adapter couldn't be scanned.The...
  4. Network Card Issue After running Network Adapter Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Issues with new network card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with new network card: Hello. I just installed a INTEL AC-7625 in place of my INTEL AC-3165. Safe to say it doesn't work. Under device manager, IT shows up. But gives a code 10 error. Claiming, that netwtw04 refuses to start. I cannot find a fix to this issue, as all articles online refer to a blue...
  6. ID 10317 Network cards issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ID 10317 Network cards issue: Hello 2 ethernet cards of my station stopped working suddenly and windows event as you can see below:[ATTACH] the event log showed the following : [ATTACH] Would you please help me troublshooting this and what solution to fix it. Thank you...
  7. Odd Issue on Windows 10 with Intel Network Card.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd Issue on Windows 10 with Intel Network Card.: Having issues with several of my machines running Windows 10 and has a Intel Network Card. Doing a speed test, i get around 15-18 Mbit/s Upstream but running Hyper-V instance with Linux Mint on the same Windows 10 machine gives me 65-100 Mbit/s. And that is on the same...
  8. Network card issues

Network card issues: I have a HP laptop with Windows 10, everytime I turn off my laptop and take it somewhere else with an established wifi and turn my laptop on my network card is disabled. Since I have no wifi button on my laptop I have to reset the network card. Even when I take it back home...
  9. network card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network card: I replaced the network card in my HP g6 the other day it works but the WIFI light turns blue when off and no light when on the connecters are in the right order 1&2 but I did fit a new keyboard maybe that's the reason or HP labelled the wires wrong because were the black...
  10. Network card failure

Network card failure: Hi I'm sure there must be a few who have experienced this. I've done an upgrade and removed all Cisco VPN software / Kaspersky. I upgraded the intel NIC 82577 to the latest driver before upgrading but I still get the error the message in device manager that the NIC is...