Windows 10: Network configuration broken (WiFi)

Discus and support Network configuration broken (WiFi) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, I ran into a problem with corrupted network configuration after installing Tamosoft Throughput Test or IVT BlueSoleil. Dunno which one as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anakunda, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Anakunda Win User

Network configuration broken (WiFi)

Greetings,
    I ran into a problem with corrupted network configuration after installing Tamosoft Throughput Test or IVT BlueSoleil. Dunno which one as they were installed in one batch, but after finalizing both setups, the network icon overlayed with the red cross label and since then I'm able to connect to internet only via ethernet. I've checked network connections centre to perform automated troubleshooter but this isn't helping at all. It looks like the Wifi is OFF or something like that. I can't find any switch to turn it on again. On the taskbar's network icon menu I can see only airplane mode switch, which is OFF. The WiFi adapter in device manager also appears OK and enabled, just it isn't used to scan wifi networks. uninstalling the softwares which caused the problem seems not resolving the issue.
    Please gimme some clues about restoring the working WiFi config, thanks. If needed more info let me know.

:)

Anakunda, Feb 20, 2018

2. WIFI Known Networks missing

They had been configured since Windows 8.0. How can that be true as every new PC that I sign into with my Microsoft ID gets the WIFI networks configured. So are you saying it is a feature broken in the Insider Builds?

Vincente Sanchez, Feb 20, 2018
  3. Not able to configure IP address to access WiFi network

Hi,

I have secured Wifi installed at my work place, where I need to Configure IP address in laptop to access internet / Wifi.

DHCP is not enabled and so automatic IP is not assigned to devices trying to connect to Wifi network.

I want to connect my Lumia 620 in this network, but there is no option to configure IP address to access WiFi network.

Is there any way to configure IP address in Windows Phone 8?

-Nikhil

nikhil2312, Feb 20, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Feb 20, 2018
  5. Anakunda Win User
    Thanks EdTittel for the suggestion, but this is a harder nut.
    Full network reset doesn't resolve. In device manager, I can see all physical network adapters (Realtek for ethernet and Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 for wireless). All enabled and no warnings. But if I click on taskbar system network icon, I don't see any WiFi network in the popup. There's only airplane mode button and link to open network and internet settings. The troubleshooter in network settings doesn't find anything it could repair.

There's although one clue pointing that something is broken
    Settings → Network and Internet → Change adapter options → WiFi → Rightclick menu → Diagnostics finds a problem with the driver (not fixed)
    The adapter state is all OK, signal present, enabled

Anakunda, Feb 24, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Anakunda:
    Your best bet is to completely remove and replace your Qualcomm Atheros driver. I provide a reliable source for a current replacement driver below. To begin, use DISM to backup your current drivers (TenForums tutorial how-to on this also below). Then right-click the device in Device Manager, click uninstall, and in the resulting "Uninstall Device" pop-up window, make sure the "Delete the driver software for this device" gets checked, then click the Uninstall button. Here's what that looks like for a "mock deletion" of my Intel I219-V GbE interface:

Network configuration broken (WiFi) [​IMG]

Reboot your PC when the deletion completes.
    Then, visit this reliable source of Atheros drivers (European) to grab your driver from the AR9285 row (32-bit version is 2nd from right, 64-bit version all the way right; both for Win10). Select Qualcomm Atheros wireless driver
    Install the driver, and then reboot your machine.
    Hopefully, when you get up and running once again, you'll get your Wireless network notification tab back, and be able to access your wireless network. If not, post again here and let us know what happened, so we can recommend further actions.
    You should fill out your computer specs in more detail, and let us know what kind of wired Ethernet adapter you've got, too, please. I provide a link to that tutorial as well.
    Hope this helps,
    --Ed--

Supporting materials:
    1. See Option One in the TenForums Tutorial: Backup and Restore Device Drivers in Windows 10
    2. How to fill out the My Computer information at TenForums.com

EdTittel, Feb 24, 2018
  7. Anakunda Win User
    Hello, full uninstall of WiFi driver is not possible. I can only uninstall driver but checkbox for removing driver software is missing. Probably my adapter is using only generic legacy driver from Windows.
    I did upgrade the driver by the newest from ath-drivers.eu. Now the driver can be uninstalled with software, but isn't working to scan networks anyway. I did for test reboot to Linux live CD and confirmed wireless networks are listed, this means adapter is physically OK. The driver in Windows is also OK, but may be disabled or eclipsed by virtual device made by BlueSoleil or Tamosoft? Network and Internet centre diagnostics doesn't again identify a problem.
    Device manager lists both physical network adapters as healthy and working.

If needed here's full spec of the computer made by AIDA:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_0...PEI-LfYzqyJNnG

Anakunda, Feb 25, 2018
  8. Anakunda Win User

If I look at the AIDA report, there's completely missing the network associated with the adapter.
    Compared to another computer with WiFi working.
    Then the Windows knows the adapter but doesn't know how to use it because it only has defined wired network now.
    So I probably need now to re-create (or reenable) the network that works with Atheros AR9285. I thought that "Reset network" handles it and it doesn't. But how do I it?

Anakunda, Feb 25, 2018
  9. lx07 Win User
    Can you try another format? You have raw HTML on your google link. Perhaps it is correct but I can't read it.
    Sorry, Just needed to save it.

I suppose you tried uninstalling the device (not just the driver) from Device Manager?

10. Anakunda Win User
    Yes, only possible remove the device from device manager
    There's no option to uninstall the driver software associated with it (unless I upgrade from ath-drivers.eu)

Anakunda, Feb 25, 2018
  11. lx07 Win User
    Try this (from elevated cmd prompt): pnputil -e

You'll get a list of installed drivers like this: Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.248] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>pnputil -e Microsoft PnP Utility Published name : oem9.inf Driver package provider : Apple Inc. Class : System devices Driver date and version : 02/23/2015 5.1.4.0 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem16.inf Driver package provider : libusb.org Class : Universal Serial Bus devices Driver date and version : 07/14/2009 6.1.7600.16385 Signer name : USB\VID_05AC&PID_8510&MI_00 (libwdi autogenerated) Published name : oem18.inf Driver package provider : libusb.org Class : Universal Serial Bus devices Driver date and version : 07/14/2009 6.1.7600.16385 Signer name : USB\VID_05AC&PID_8510&MI_00 (libwdi autogenerated) Published name : oem8.inf Driver package provider : Intel Class : System devices Driver date and version : 07/07/2015 11.0.0.1157 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem31.inf Driver package provider : SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. Class : Universal Serial Bus controllers Driver date and version : 05/13/2015 2.12.0.0 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem29.inf Driver package provider : SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. Class : Ports (COM & LPT) Driver date and version : 05/13/2015 2.12.0.0 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem32.inf Driver package provider : SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. Class : Universal Serial Bus controllers Driver date and version : 05/13/2015 2.12.0.0 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem19.inf Driver package provider : ClockworkMod Class : Android Device Driver date and version : 08/27/2012 7.0.0.4 Signer name : UniversalADB Published name : oem10.inf Driver package provider : Apple Inc. Class : Bluetooth Driver date and version : 07/31/2015 6.0.6100.0 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem6.inf Driver package provider : Broadcom Class : Network adapters Driver date and version : 10/15/2012 1.0.0.3 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher[/quote] Find the one you don't want (Atheros I guess) and then see what number the oemnn.inf is. You can then remove it with: pnputil -d oemnn.inf

For example: Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>pnputil -d oem29.inf Microsoft PnP Utility Driver package deleted successfully. C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote] If it says it can't for some reason - like this - then try it again in safe mode. Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>pnputil -d oem33.inf Microsoft PnP Utility Deleting the driver package failed : One or more devices are presently installed using the specified INF. C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote]

12. Anakunda Win User
    Thanks lx07, pnputil I already have tried, and it doesn't work. If I update the driver from link above, I can fully uninstall.
    After reboot, the adapter is back with the legacy driver from MS, which can't be further uninstalled (pnputil -e doesn't list it)

Can't the unavailability of wireless networks be due to a required service has been disabled(stopped)?

Anakunda, Feb 25, 2018
  13. Anakunda Win User

Nice, got it resolved myself. Disabled service was a right clue. Issue was caused by disabled automatic WLAN configuration service.

Anakunda, Feb 25, 2018
  14. lx07 Win User
    Yes of course. Unfortunately I don't know enough about it. I wrote this script to try to make WiFi work on PE but while it does PE isn't exactly the same as Windows and in the end it didn't work on the second PC I tried it on (different hardware perhaps). It might be interesting though. Code: # Structure is taken from WinPE: Mount and Customize ########## # Only need to change this section if moving ADK install location etc. # normally $ADK = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit" - default $ADK = "D:\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit" $PEArch = "amd64" $PELang = "en-us" $HomeDir = "D:\Make-PE" # This is the work directory where the script is running $ISOPath = "$HomeDir\WinPE.iso" # Where the ISO goes $ISOLabel="My Boot Disk" # Name of ISOLabel $Debug=$True # Pause during build $WifiRequired=$True # Add Wifi Services # Environment Variables for script $WorkDir = "$HomeDir\WinPE_$PEArch" $Source="$ADK\Windows Preinstallation Environment\$PEArch" $FWFilesRoot="$ADK\Deployment Tools\$PEArch\Oscdimg" $WIMSourcePath="$Source\$PELang\winpe.wim" # copy wifi profile to PE as it may be needed if ($WifiRequired) { $WifiProfile="fisher" if (-not(Test-Path "$HomeDir\Documents")) {New-Item -ItemType Directory -Path "$HomeDir\Documents" -Force} netsh wlan export profile name="$WifiProfile" folder="D:\Make-PE\Documents" key=clear } # Display message variables $message="Enter choice" $choices=@("&Yes","&No") ########## # GO !! ########## # Dism options below only works on Windows 10. $OS = Get-WmiObject Win32_OperatingSystem If(-not $OS.Caption.Contains("10")) {Read-Host -Prompt "This script only works with Windows 10. Press Enter to exit."; exit } # If ISO exists, delete it or quit. if (Test-Path "$ISOPath") { do { $caption="Destination file $ISOPath exists, delete it?" $choicedesc = New-Object System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection[System.Management.Automation.Host.ChoiceDescription] $choices | foreach { $choicedesc.Add((New-Object "System.Management.Automation.Host.ChoiceDescription" -ArgumentList $_))} $prompt = $Host.ui.PromptForChoice($caption, $message, $choicedesc, 1) Switch ($prompt) { 0 { Remove-Item $ISOPath -Recurse -Force -ErrorAction 0} 1 { Write-Host "$ISOPath will not be overwritten; exiting"; exit} } } until ( -not (Test-Path "$ISOPath")) } # Validate Source exists if (-not (Test-Path "$Source")) {Read-Host -Prompt "ERROR: The following processor architecture was not found: $WinPE_Arch"; exit} if (-not (Test-Path "$FWFilesRoot")) {Read-Host -Prompt "ERROR: The following path for firmware files was not found: $FWFilesRoot"; exit} if (-not (Test-Path "$WIMSourcePath")) {Read-Host -Prompt "ERROR: WinPE WIM file does not exist: $WIMSourcePath"; exit} # Delete old working directory $ProgressPreference = "SilentlyContinue" Clear-WindowsCorruptMountPoint Mount-WindowsImage -Path "$WorkDir\mount" -Remount Dismount-WindowsImage -Path "$WorkDir\mount" -Discard $ProgressPreference = "Continue" Remove-Item $WorkDir -Recurse -Force -ErrorAction 0 # Create new WinPE work directory (copied from copype.cmd in ADK) mkdir "$WorkDir" mkdir "$WorkDir\media" mkdir "$WorkDir\mount" mkdir "$WorkDir\fwfiles" mkdir "$WorkDir\media\sources" # Copy the boot files and WinPE WIM to the destination location xcopy /herky "$Source\Media\Boot" "$WorkDir\media\Boot\" xcopy /herky "$Source\Media\EFI" "$WorkDir\media\EFI\" copy "$Source\Media\bootmgr*" "$WorkDir\media\" copy "$WIMSourcePath" "$WorkDir\media\sources\boot.wim" # Copy the boot sector files to enable ISO creation and boot copy "$FWFilesRoot\efisys.bin" "$WorkDir\fwfiles" if (Test-Path $FWFilesRoot\etfsboot.com) {copy "$FWFilesRoot\etfsboot.com" "$WorkDir\fwfiles"} # Mount WIM Mount-WindowsImage -ImagePath "$WorkDir\media\sources\boot.wim" -index 1 -Path "$WorkDir\mount" # Add any device drivers (.inf files) Add-WindowsDriver -Path "$WorkDir\mount" -Driver "$HomeDir\Drivers\" -recurse # Change background image if (Test-Path "$HomeDir\winpe.jpg") { takeown /f "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\winpe.jpg" icacls "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\winpe.jpg" /grant Administrators:F /q copy "$HomeDir\winpe.jpg" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\winpe.jpg" } # Add packages/languages/optional components/.cab files function Add-Package ($cab){ Add-WindowsPackage -Path "$WorkDir\mount" -PackagePath "$ADK\Windows Preinstallation Environment\$PEArch\WinPE_OCs\$cab.cab" Add-WindowsPackage -Path "$WorkDir\mount" -PackagePath "$ADK\Windows Preinstallation Environment\$PEArch\WinPE_OCs\$PELang\$cab`_$PELang.cab" } # WinPE: Add packages (Optional Components Reference) Add-Package WinPE-WMI # subset of WMI providers that enable minimal system diagnostics Add-Package WinPE-NetFX # subset of the .NET Framework 4.5 Add-Package WinPE-Scripting # multiple-language scripting environment Add-Package WinPE-PowerShell # PowerShell–based diagnostics (requires all previous) Add-Package WinPE-DismCmdlets # Dism PowerShell module Add-Package WinPE-HTA # provides HTML Application (HTA) support to create GUI applications Add-Package WinPE-Dot3Svc # required for wlansvc # Add files and folders if (Test-Path "$HomeDir\Documents") {xcopy /herky "$HomeDir\Documents" "$WorkDir\mount\Users\Public\Documents"} # Copy in programs Write-Host "Copying Program Files" if (Test-Path "$HomeDir\Program Files") {Xcopy /s "$HomeDir\Program Files\*" "$WorkDir\mount\Program Files"} function Create-Shortcut ($ShortcutName,$ExePath) { if (Test-Path $ExePath) { $ShortcutPath="$WorkDir\mount\Users\Default\Desktop\"+(split-path $exepath -leaf).substring(0,(split-path $ExePath -leaf).length -4)+".lnk" Write-Host "Shortcut created : " -nonewline -f yellow ; Write-Host $ShortcutPath -f yellow $WshShell=New-Object -ComObject WScript.Shell $Shortcut=$WshShell.CreateShortcut($ShortcutPath) $Shortcut.TargetPath = $ExePath $Shortcut.WorkingDirectory = Split-Path $ExePath -parent #$Shortcut.IconLocation = "%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,217" # (54 accross *4 deep + 1 down = 217 in the dll) $Shortcut.Save() if ((split-path $exepath -leaf).substring(0,(split-path $ExePath -leaf).length -4) -ne $ShortcutName) { $NewShortcutPath = (Split-Path $ShortcutPath -parent)+'\'+$ShortcutName+'.lnk' Rename-Item $ShortcutPath $NewShortcutPath Write-Host "Shortcut renamed : " -nonewline -f yellow ; Write-Host $NewShortcutPath -f yellow } } } Create-Shortcut "Palemoon" "$WorkDir\mount\Program Files\Palemoon\Palemoon-Portable.exe" Create-Shortcut "Macrium Reflect" "$WorkDir\mount\Program Files\macrium\launch.exe" Create-Shortcut "PE Network Manager" "$WorkDir\mount\Program Files\PENetwork\PENetwork.exe" Create-Shortcut "Explorer++" "$WorkDir\mount\Program Files\Explorer++" Create-Shortcut "Command Prompt" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" # Modify the Startnet.cmd script to include your customized commands. Add-Content "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd" "start /b cmd /c `"%PROGRAMFILES%\macrium\taskbar.exe`"" # Add WiFi Services if ($WifiRequired) { # # Unified Windows PE 3.1 builder script for WAIK, with wifi and EFI support mkdir $WorkDir\mount\Windows\schemas\AvailableNetwork copy "$env:SystemRoot\schemas\AvailableNetwork\AvailableNetworkInfo.xsd" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\schemas\AvailableNetwork\AvailableNetworkInfo.xsd" # exe copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wifitask.exe" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wifitask.exe" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlanext.exe" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlanext.exe" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\wlanext.exe.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wlanext.exe.mui" # wlan* Dlls copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlanapi.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlanapi.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\wlanapi.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wlanapi.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlancfg.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlancfg.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\wlancfg.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wlancfg.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\WLanConn.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\WLanConn.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\WLanConn.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\WLanConn.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlandlg.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlandlg.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\wlandlg.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wlandlg.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlangpui.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlangpui.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\wlangpui.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wlangpui.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\WLanHC.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\WLanHC.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\WLanHC.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\WLanHC.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlanhlp.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlanhlp.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\WlanMediaManager.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\WlanMediaManager.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\WlanMM.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlanmm.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\WlanMM.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wlanmm.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlanmsm.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlanmsm.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlanpref.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlanpref.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\wlanpref.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wlanpref.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\WlanRadioManager.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\WlanRadioManager.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlansec.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlansec.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlansvc.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlansvc.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\wlansvc.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wlansvc.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlansvcpal.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlansvcpal.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlanui.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlanui.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\wlanui.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wlanui.dll.mui" # Already in WinPE image #copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlanutil.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlanutil.dll" #copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\wlanutil.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wlanutil.dll.mui" # Wifi* dll copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\WiFiConfigSP.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\WiFiConfigSP.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wificonnapi.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wificonnapi.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\WiFiDisplay.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\WiFiDisplay.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\WiFiDisplay.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\WiFiDisplay.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wifinetworkmanager.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wifinetworkmanager.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\wifinetworkmanager.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wifinetworkmanager.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wifiprofilessettinghandler.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wifiprofilessettinghandler.dll" # Other dll copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wfdprov.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wfdprov.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\wlgpclnt.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\wlgpclnt.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\en-US\wlgpclnt.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\system32\en-US\wlgpclnt.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\WcnNetsh.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\WcnNetsh.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\en-US\WcnNetsh.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\en-US\WcnNetsh.dll.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\whhelper.dll" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\whhelper.dll" copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\en-US\whhelper.dll.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\en-US\whhelper.dll.mui" # drivers copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\nwifi.sys" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Drivers\nwifi.sys" copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\en-US\nwifi.sys.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Drivers\en-US\nwifi.sys.mui" # net start NativeWifiP failed due to missing signatures. These are from sysinternals sigcheck -i c:\Windows\System32\drivers\nwifi.sys etc copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\Package_297_for_KB3081444~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.0.cat" ` "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\Package_297_for_KB3081444~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.0.cat" copy "$env:SystemRoot\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-net~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~10.0.10240.16384.cat" ` "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-net~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~10.0.10240.16384.cat" copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\vwififlt.sys" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Drivers\vwififlt.sys" copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\vwifimp.sys" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Drivers\vwifimp.sys" copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\WdiWiFi.sys" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Drivers\WdiWiFi.sys" copy "$env:SystemRoot\Inf\netnwifi.inf" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\Inf\netnwifi.inf" Add-WindowsDriver -Path "$WorkDir\mount" -Driver "$env:SystemRoot\Inf\netnwifi.inf" copy "$env:SystemRoot\Inf\netvwififlt.inf" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\Inf\netvwififlt.inf" Add-WindowsDriver -Path "$WorkDir\mount" -Driver "$env:SystemRoot\Inf\netvwififlt.inf" copy "$env:SystemRoot\Inf\netvwifimp.inf" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\Inf\netvwifimp.inf" Add-WindowsDriver -Path "$WorkDir\mount" -Driver "$env:SystemRoot\Inf\netvwifimp.inf" # WinPE 4.0 - Enable Wireless Support copy "$env:SystemRoot\Inf\netvwifibus.inf" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\Inf\netvwifibus.inf" copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\vwifibus.sys" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Drivers\vwifibus.sys" copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\en-US\vwifibus.sys.mui" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Drivers\en-US\vwifibus.sys.mui" copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\vwifibus.sys" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\Inf\vwifibus.sys" # Dism fails if vwifibus.sys is not added to C:\Windows\INF $AddedToInf = $False if (-not(Test-Path $env:SystemRoot\Inf\netvwifibus.sys)){ $AddedToInf = $True copy "$env:SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\vwifibus.sys" "$env:SystemRoot\Inf\vwifibus.sys" Write-Host "Added $env:SystemRoot\Inf\vwifibus.sys" -f Red } Add-WindowsDriver -Path "$WorkDir\mount" -Driver "$env:SystemRoot\Inf\netvwifibus.inf" if ($AddedToInf) { Remove-Item "$env:SystemRoot\Inf\vwifibus.sys" -ErrorAction 0 Write-Host "Deleted $env:SystemRoot\Inf\vwifibus.sys" -f Red } # L2Schemas - copy any missing files robocopy /xc /xn /xo /copyall "$env:SystemRoot\L2Schemas" "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\L2Schemas" # Registry Changes reg load HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM $WorkDir\mount\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM reg load HKLM\WinPE_SOFTWARE $WorkDir\mount\windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NetSh" reg add $RegKey /v wlancfg /t REG_SZ /d wlancfg.dll /f $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost" reg add $RegKey /v LocalSystemNetworkRestricted /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d Netman\0hidserv\0svsvc\0dot3svc\0wlansvc /f # wlansvc reg add HKLM\WinPE_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WlanSvc\bmr /ve $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WlanSvc\PowerProfiles\ClassAC" reg add $RegKey /v PowerIdle /t REG_DWORD /d 15 # numbers are decimal reg add $RegKey /v PowerTail /t REG_DWORD /d 280 reg add $RegKey /v PowerTxRx /t REG_DWORD /d 400 reg add $RegKey /v TailDuration /t REG_DWORD /d 300 $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WlanSvc\PowerProfiles\ClassB" reg add $RegKey /v PowerIdle /t REG_DWORD /d 15 reg add $RegKey /v PowerTail /t REG_DWORD /d 280 reg add $RegKey /v PowerTxRx /t REG_DWORD /d 400 reg add $RegKey /v TailDuration /t REG_DWORD /d 300 $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WlanSvc\PowerProfiles\ClassG" reg add $RegKey /v PowerIdle /t REG_DWORD /d 15 reg add $RegKey /v PowerTail /t REG_DWORD /d 280 reg add $RegKey /v PowerTxRx /t REG_DWORD /d 400 reg add $RegKey /v TailDuration /t REG_DWORD /d 300 $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WlanSvc\PowerProfiles\ClassN" reg add $RegKey /v PowerIdle /t REG_DWORD /d 15 reg add $RegKey /v PowerTail /t REG_DWORD /d 280 reg add $RegKey /v PowerTxRx /t REG_DWORD /d 400 reg add $RegKey /v TailDuration /t REG_DWORD /d 300 $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc" reg add $RegKey /v DisplayName /d "@%SystemRoot%\System32\wlansvc.dll,-257" reg add $RegKey /v ErrorControl /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg add $RegKey /v Group /d TDI reg add $RegKey /v ImagePath /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted" reg add $RegKey /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 2 # (automatic start) in clean install system this is 3(manual start) reg add $RegKey /v Type /t REG_DWORD /d 32 reg add $RegKey /v Description /d "@%SystemRoot%\System32\wlansvc.dll,-258" # Remove the Windows Connection Manager (wcmsvc) service dependany reg add $RegKey /v DependOnService /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d nativewifip\0RpcSs\0Ndisuio reg add $RegKey /v ObjectName /d LocalSystem reg add $RegKey /v ServiceSidType /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg add $RegKey /v RequiredPrivileges /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "SeChangeNotifyPrivilege\0SeImpersonatePrivilege\0SeAuditPrivilege\0SeTcbPrivilege\0SeDebugPrivilege" reg add $RegKey /v FailureActions /t REG_BINARY /d 805101000000000000000000030000001400000001000000c0d4010001000000e09304000000000000000000 $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\Parameters" reg add $RegKey /v ServiceDll /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%SystemRoot%\System32\wlansvc.dll" reg add $RegKey /v ServiceDllUnloadOnStop /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg add $RegKey /v ServiceMain /d WlanSvcMain $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\Parameters\ComInterfaceProviders" reg add $RegKey /v IHNetIcsSettings /d "{46C166AA-3108-11D4-9348-00C04F8EEB71}" $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\Parameters\EapolKeyIpAddress" reg add $RegKey /v LocalAddress /d "192.168.173.1" reg add $RegKey /v PrefixLength /t REG_DWORD /d 24 $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\Parameters\OEM\SystemCapabilities" reg add $RegKey /ve #***************** no value $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\Parameters\OneXAuthenticator" reg add $RegKey /ve /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%SystemRoot%\System32\WcnEapAuthProxy.dll" $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\Parameters\VendorSpecificIEProviders\02166b50-0459-44d9-9ec1-073431b7d9c9" reg add $RegKey /v Path /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\TetheringIeProvider.dll" $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\Parameters\VendorSpecificIEProviders\4D50EE01-EEE0-4E5D-9A41-2F5F32044192" reg add $RegKey /v Path /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WlanSvc.dll" $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\Parameters\VendorSpecificIEProviders\B7D94B4D-5DB1-4E70-B5C3-DD003EEEBE66" reg add $RegKey /v Path /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WiFiDisplay.dll" $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\Parameters\WFDProvPlugin" reg add $RegKey /ve /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%SystemRoot%\System32\wfdprov.dll" reg add $RegKey /v DllEntryPoint /d WFDProvGetInfo $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\Security" reg add $RegKey /v Security /t REG_BINARY /d 0100048098000000a40000000000000014000000020084000500000000001400fd01020001010000000000051200000000001800ff010f0001020000000000052000000020020000000014008d010200010100000000000504000000000014008d01020001010000000000050600000000002800700000000106000000000005500000002e25d9e85a67cd58c504f3dc32c0cb09ab704571010100000000000512000000010100000000000512000000 $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\VirtualizationManager" reg add $RegKey /v WindowsPushNotificationPlatformClsid /d "0C9281F9-6DA1-4006-8729-DE6E6B61581C" # Native Wifi Filter (dependancy of wlansvc) $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\NativeWifiP" reg add $RegKey /v DisplayName /d "@%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\nwifi.sys,-101" reg add $RegKey /v ErrorControl /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg add $RegKey /v Group /d NDIS reg add $RegKey /v ImagePath /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "system32\DRIVERS\nwifi.sys" reg add $RegKey /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 3 reg add $RegKey /v Type /t REG_DWORD /d 1 # vwififlt $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\vwififlt" reg add $RegKey /v DisplayName /d "@%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\vwififlt.sys,-259" reg add $RegKey /v ErrorControl /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg add $RegKey /v Group /d NDIS reg add $RegKey /v ImagePath /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "System32\drivers\vwififlt.sys" reg add $RegKey /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg add $RegKey /v Type /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg add $RegKey /v Description /d "@%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\vwififlt.sys,-260" reg add $RegKey /v NdisMajorVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 6 reg add $RegKey /v NdisMinorVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 50 reg add $RegKey /v DriverMajorVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg add $RegKey /v DriverMinorVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 0 $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\vwififlt\Parameters" reg add $RegKey /v DefaultFilterSettings /t REG_DWORD /d 1 # vwifimp not in core image #$RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\vwifimp" #reg add $RegKey /v Type /t REG_DWORD /d 1 #reg add $RegKey /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 3 #reg add $RegKey /v ErrorControl /t REG_DWORD /d 1 #reg add $RegKey /v Tag /t REG_DWORD /d 15 #reg add $RegKey /v ImagePath /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vwifimp.sys" #reg add $RegKey /v DisplayName /d "@%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\vwifimp.sys,-261" #reg add $RegKey /v Group /d NDIS #reg add $RegKey /v Owners /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "netvwifimp.inf" #reg add $RegKey /v TextModeFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 1 #reg add $RegKey /v NdisMajorVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 6 #reg add $RegKey /v NdisMinorVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 40 #reg add $RegKey /v DriverMajorVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 1 #reg add $RegKey /v DriverMinorVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 1 #$RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\vwififlt\Enum" #reg add $RegKey /v Count /t REG_DWORD /d 1 #reg add $RegKey /v NextInstancet /t REG_DWORD /d 1 #reg add $RegKey /v 0 /d "{5d624f94-8850-40c3-a3fa-a4fd2080baf3}\vwifimp_wfd\5&e58d9b&0&01" # WdiWifi $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\wdiwifi" reg add $RegKey /v DisplayName /d "WDI Driver Framework" reg add $RegKey /v ErrorControl /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg add $RegKey /v ImagePath /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "system32\DRIVERS\wdiwifi.sys" reg add $RegKey /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 3 reg add $RegKey /v Type /t REG_DWORD /d 1 # legacy WiFi adapter - recommended by Unified Windows PE 3.1 builder script for WAIK, with wifi and EFI support $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_WLANSVC" reg add $RegKey /v NextInstance /t REG_DWORD /d 1 # numbers are decimal reg add $RegKey\0000 /v Service /t REG_SZ /d Wlansvc reg add $RegKey\0000 /v Legacy /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg add $RegKey\0000 /v ConfigFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0 reg add $RegKey\0000 /v Class /t REG_SZ /d LegacyDriver reg add $RegKey\0000 /v ClassGUID /t REG_SZ /d "{8ECC055D-047F-11D1-A537-0000F8753ED1}" reg add $RegKey\0000 /v DeviceDesc /t REG_SZ /d "@%SystemRoot%\System32\wlansvc.dll,-257" $RegKey="HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\WlanSvc\Enum" reg add $RegKey /v 0 /t REG_SZ /d "Root\LEGACY_WLANSVC\0000" reg add $RegKey /v Count /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg add $RegKey /v NextInstance /t REG_DWORD /d 1 reg unload HKLM\WinPE_SYSTEM reg unload HKLM\WinPE_SOFTWARE # Windows Connection Manager - Wcmsvc ** Not required and removed as dependancy ** # Startup Wifi Add-Content "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd" "netcfg -l %SystemRoot%\Inf\netnwifi.inf -c s -i MS_NativeWifiP" Add-Content "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd" "netcfg -l %SystemRoot%\Inf\netvwififlt.inf -c s -i ms_vwifi" Add-Content "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd" "net start dot3svc" Add-Content "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd" "net start wlansvc" } ############ # FINISH UP ############ if ($Debug) { $caption="Unmount work directory?" $choicedesc = New-Object System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection[System.Management.Automation.Host.ChoiceDescription] $choices | foreach { $choicedesc.Add((New-Object "System.Management.Automation.Host.ChoiceDescription" -ArgumentList $_))} $prompt = $Host.ui.PromptForChoice($caption, $message, $choicedesc, 0) Switch ($prompt) {1 {exit}} } # Set the time zone to GMT+1 Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris & (gcm "$ADK\Deployment Tools\$PEArch\DISM\dism.exe") @("/image:$WorkDir\mount",'/Set-TimeZone:Romance Standard Time') # Increase the writable memory space & (gcm "$ADK\Deployment Tools\$PEArch\DISM\dism.exe") @("/image:$WorkDir\mount",'/Set-ScratchSpace:256') # Unmount the WinPE image Get-WindowsImage -Mounted -ErrorAction Stop | ForEach-Object { # Save-WindowsImage -Path $_.ImagePath Dismount-WindowsImage -Path $_.Path -Save -ErrorAction Stop } # Validate Work Directories if (-not (Test-Path "$WorkDir")) {Read-Host -Prompt "ERROR: Working directory does not exist: $WorkDir"; exit} if (-not (Test-Path "$WorkDir/media")) {Read-Host -Prompt "ERROR: Working directory is not valid:: $WorkDir"; exit} #Validate ISO doesn't already exist (again) if (Test-Path "$ISOPath") {Read-Host -Prompt "ERROR: Destination directory exists: $ISOPath"; exit} # Mac OS BootCamp will look for autorun.inf in order to validate this disk as a Windows Installer CD # adding this allows us to start unattended installs using WinPE date > $WorkDir\media\autorun.inf if ($Debug) { $caption="Make ISO?" $choicedesc = New-Object System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection[System.Management.Automation.Host.ChoiceDescription] $choices | foreach { $choicedesc.Add((New-Object "System.Management.Automation.Host.ChoiceDescription" -ArgumentList $_))} $prompt = $Host.ui.PromptForChoice($caption, $message, $choicedesc, 0) Switch ($prompt) {1 {exit}} } # Set the correct boot argument based on availability of boot apps if (Test-Path "$WorkDir\fwfiles\etfsboot.com") {$BOOTDATA="2#p0,e,b`"$WorkDir\fwfiles\etfsboot.com`"#pEF,e,b`"$WorkDir\fwfiles\efisys.bin`""} else {$BOOTDATA="1#pEF,e,b`"$WorkDir\fwfiles\efisys.bin`""} # Make ISO $command="$ADK\Deployment Tools\$PEArch\Oscdimg\oscdimg.exe" Write-Host "Creating $ISOPath ..." &$command -l:$ISOLabel -h -m -o -u1 -bootdata:$bootdata "$WorkDir\media" "$ISOPath" # Finished Write-Host Read-Host -Prompt "Press enter to exit."[/quote] If you look (I will save you the time) you need these for sure: Code: # Startup Wifi Add-Content "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd" "netcfg -l %SystemRoot%\Inf\netnwifi.inf -c s -i MS_NativeWifiP" Add-Content "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd" "netcfg -l %SystemRoot%\Inf\netvwififlt.inf -c s -i ms_vwifi" Add-Content "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd" "net start dot3svc" Add-Content "$WorkDir\mount\Windows\System32\Startnet.cmd" "net start wlansvc"[/quote] I'm sorry but I don't know the answer except you definitely 100% need those 4.

You need to mark your thread as "unsolved" btw as anyone looking will think it is all OK now.

15. Anakunda Win User
    It is OK now, see the post above

Anakunda, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network configuration broken (WiFi) - Similar Threads - Network configuration broken

2. NETWORK CONFIGURATION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NETWORK CONFIGURATION: HOW DO I SET UP A PRINTER FOR NETWORKING IF THE PRINTER, AND BOTH COMPUTERS ARE CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER. THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-configuration/128be2d0-8e0d-4c3b-8ab8-338bc96299d4
  3. WiFi IP Configuration

WiFi IP Configuration: Hi Folks, on my new Win 10 Home laptop, I managed to get things the way I wanted them rather easier than I expected. More on that later. - I have to use the Network Troubleshooter everytime i power on. This is what happened last time. [img] I tried with this disabled Turn...
  4. configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet

configure network to use WIFI for LAN/Print and Ethernet for internet: HI, I am a newb to the forum this is my first post. My network topology is Comcast Modem>Switch>Wireless Access Point My Win 10 Desktop is connected to the switch for Internet Access. The network printer is connected to the Wireless access point. I would like to keep...
  5. WiFi IP Configuration

WiFi IP Configuration: I connected a fitbit to the USB to charge from my laptop. The computer went into "sleep" mode and when I opened it back up the wifi connection was no longer available. The fitbit was still connected to the USB port. I went through all of the troubleshooting...
  6. Wifi Broken and Power Management Broken.

Wifi Broken and Power Management Broken.: I have a win10 machine here that is getting worse and worse. Now it is off the web permanently, I can't connect at all. It was intermittent and then progressively worse and now totally off. It is supposed to be connecting via wifi3 whatever that means. The third wifi...
  7. Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi

Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi: Before I bring this computer in, I'll try one last shot with posting on forums rather than just reading them. I've tried just about everything I can think of to google, and coming to those more literate in hopes that I've missed something in my travels. Though I've tried...
  8. configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private: Hello, I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network. I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't. Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to...
  9. WiFi broken yet again. Can't detect any WiFi networks.

WiFi broken yet again. Can't detect any WiFi networks.: Circa 2013 laptop (originally came with Win 7) that I've upgraded with an Atheros AR9285 mini PCIe b/g/n card. It WAS working just fine until a couple of days ago, suddenly, no WiFi networks detected. I know that's not true because with other computers and phones all the...
  10. Multiple Network (wifi+eth) Configuration

Multiple Network (wifi+eth) Configuration: Hay all.. I got my w10 x64 both alway active wifi (internet) and ethernet (intranet on my office). How to set specific app using specifi network. Let say my outlook using ethernet and my chrome using wifi. Before i use forcebindip but it seems no longer working on 10. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vwifimp_wfd\5&358927c1&0&12 was configured netvwifimp

2. eapolkeyipaddress