Windows 10: Network Configuration Operators group, not working

Discus and support Network Configuration Operators group, not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have standard non-admin users (students) who need to change network settings and do anything related to network cards. I have Group Policy that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ONeill, Aug 31, 2017.

1. ONeill Win User

Network Configuration Operators group, not working

I have standard non-admin users (students) who need to change network settings and do anything related to network cards.
    I have Group Policy that places these users in "Network Configuration Operators" group on specific computers (computers in classroom).

On Windows 7 this worked just fine, however, we switched to Windows 10 recently and the same Group Policy is not working anymore. I can see that users are in "Network Configuration Operators" group on a computer but users cannot do anything anymore regarding network changes (they can only rename network connection).

Did something change in Windows 10 regarding Network Configuration Operators group and its permissions?

:)

ONeill, Aug 31, 2017

2. how to add user in "Network Configuration Operators" group command line

net groups "Network Configuration Operators" JackSmith /domain /add

Frederik Long, Aug 31, 2017
  3. how to add user in "Network Configuration Operators" group command line

how to add user in "Network Configuration Operators" group command line

NileshSavaniya, Aug 31, 2017
  4. ONeill Win User

I managed to solve it.

At the end, the problem was with UAC. It was partially disabled via Registry; specifically this key:
    • ConsentPromptBehaviorUser

This can be found here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

My value for this was 0. This means when a user wanted to change Network settings, UAC did not pop up to enter credentials, only error.

Once I changed this value to "3" which means "3 (Default) = Prompt for credentials", everything started to work.

Now my users who are placed in Network Configuration Operators group can edit their network settings.

ONeill, Sep 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Network Configuration Operators group, not working - Similar Threads - Network Configuration Operators

2. Network driver not operational

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network driver not operational: I have a Surface Pro 7 and yesterday I was suddenly unable to connect to any network at all. I ran the network troubleshooter and it says my IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz network driver is not operational. When I check my hardware and connection properties under settings it...
  3. Network driver not operational

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network driver not operational: I have a Surface Pro 7 and yesterday I was suddenly unable to connect to any network at all. I ran the network troubleshooter and it says my IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz network driver is not operational. When I check my hardware and connection properties under settings it...
  4. Network driver not operational

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Operating system not configured for the application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating system not configured for the application: When I try to open excel or word, I get the error that the operating system is presently not configured for this application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-not-configured-for-the/c8d07473-ac85-49a6-973c-a9819f6e99db
  6. NETWORK CONFIGURATION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NETWORK CONFIGURATION: HOW DO I SET UP A PRINTER FOR NETWORKING IF THE PRINTER, AND BOTH COMPUTERS ARE CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER. THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-configuration/128be2d0-8e0d-4c3b-8ab8-338bc96299d4
  7. Adding a network printer with Local Group Policy Editor to the User Configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a network printer with Local Group Policy Editor to the User Configuration: Hello all, Ambience: I work in a place that has a print server, with some network printers installed. Normally we install printers in the users PC's accessing to the Local Group Policy Editor and adding the printer to the "User Configuration>Windows Settings>Deployed...
  8. Network groups management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network groups management: Hi. Recently, i turned on sharing folders in local network. Everything works nicely but, when i open Computer Management, i don't see there Local Users and Groups. I have multiple groups and don't know how to connect it with each other into one big group. Is it even possible?...
  9. Operating system is not presently configured to... error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Operating system is not presently configured to... error: I tried the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth in the CMD prompt and got the following: Error: 740 Elevated permissions are required to run DISM. Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks. I am an administrator on my computer, I'm not sure why I am...
  10. operating system is not configured to run this application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    operating system is not configured to run this application: I had this problem with Microsoft Excel, every time I tried to open an Excel file or launch the Excel application I got the error "operating system is not configured to run this application". I finally managed to figure out that it was my antivirus, Bitdefender....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network operators group windows 10

2. Network Configuration Operators

3. net localgroup Network Configuration Operators /add

4. network configuration operators windows 10,
  5. network configuration operators group not working,
  6. how to find network configuration operators local group on windows 10,
  7. windows 10 network configuration operators group not working