Windows 10: network connection latency at w10 start

Discus and support network connection latency at w10 start in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello w10 Gurus, I'm running win10/x64 on a Dell Optiplex 990 with an Intel 82579 Gigabit Adapter. When i start w10, the Desktop comes up very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BertMoos, Mar 20, 2017.

1. BertMoos Win User

network connection latency at w10 start

hello w10 Gurus,

I'm running win10/x64 on a Dell Optiplex 990 with an Intel 82579 Gigabit Adapter. When i start w10, the Desktop comes up very quickly, but it always takes along time, until i have a Network Connection to my router/Internet. The Client is not connected to a Domain. I have a few other w10 Clients on the same Network which do not have this latency. In the Eventlogs i see no suspicious Events. Any Idea ?

Thanx alot
    Bert

:)

BertMoos, Mar 20, 2017
  2. smacar01 Win User

Windows 10 WiFi Network Latency and Upload/Download Speed Issues

I've noticed that since I upgraded to W10 on my Dell Tablet I've run into Network Latency issues and wild variations in my upload/download speed tests (Network Speed Test App from the Store).

I am not experiencing this problem with other laptop PCs (W8.1) or W10 Smartphones connected to the same WiFi network.

I updated all my device drivers from Dell.

Anyone experiencing this problem or have a recommended solution?

smacar01, Mar 20, 2017
  3. Persistent lag after changing wifi.

Your problem is due to network latency. Latency is the amount of time it take for a signal to travel end-to-end in a network. Satellite networks are notorious for their latency problems. Fibre optic networks on the other hand have very short latency. This
    means that satellites are good for downloading large files, but bad for interactive use. Fibre optic networks do not suffer from these defects.

Your satellite connection will probably deliver its advertised data rate, because the data transfer and the data acknowledgements are asynchronous. In an interactive environment, such as an on-line game, the transmission of data and the response are required
    to be almost synchronous.

Alan Russell, Mar 20, 2017
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Did you install the Intel chipset drivers? or go to support.dell.com, enter service code and download the drivers for Windows 10. Or you could also download drivers from Intel.

wyldman68, Mar 20, 2017
  5. BertMoos Win User
    I fixed it: I had do disable the NPCAP Packet Driver. Thank you for your help anyway.

BertMoos, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. network connection latency at w10 start - Similar Threads - network connection latency

2. Problems after Fresh Start - Bypass Let's connect you to network W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after Fresh Start - Bypass Let's connect you to network W10: Hi all,I initiated the process of "Reset PC / Fresh Start". But now I am stuck on the screen "Welcome to First Orion! Enter your First Orion email." and is asking me for a email:I tried to put my Office365 account, but it says is incorrectI tried to put my Skype account...
  3. Problems after Fresh Start - Bypass Let's connect you to network W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after Fresh Start - Bypass Let's connect you to network W10: Hi all,I initiated the process of "Reset PC / Fresh Start". But now I am stuck on the screen "Welcome to First Orion! Enter your First Orion email." and is asking me for a email:I tried to put my Office365 account, but it says is incorrectI tried to put my Skype account...
  4. Problems after Fresh Start - Bypass Let's connect you to network W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I'm having latency problems on W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having latency problems on W10: So I've downgraded to windows 10 from 11 because I don't have TPM2.0.and I'm having low fps on games ,latency problems on OS and stuff. For example valorant keep freezing then crashes . DO NOT ASK NONSENSE STUFF LIKE " Are you sure your cpu is working well?" "Did you made a...
  6. I'm having latency problems on W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having latency problems on W10: So I've downgraded to windows 10 from 11 because I don't have TPM2.0.and I'm having low fps on games ,latency problems on OS and stuff. For example valorant keep freezing then crashes . DO NOT ASK NONSENSE STUFF LIKE " Are you sure your cpu is working well?" "Did you made a...
  7. I'm having latency problems on W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. High Network Latency

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High Network Latency: Hi, I recently encountered a problem after upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 on my laptop HP Pavillion 14 i3. The first ping packets have abnormally high latency and then the latency suddenly drops to within normal levels, this is on a local network and I've...
  9. Network latency

Network latency: Since upgrading to 10.0.10586 a couple of days ago, opening files from network has become extremely sluggish. Nothing on the network side has changed, same router, same switches, same NAS. Previously, this machine was on XP SP3 and everything I clicked on opened...
  10. Network Connectivity connections TO W10 problematic

Network Connectivity connections TO W10 problematic: Hi there I've created a SIMPLE TEST network of 3 computers - on computer GYLFI is a stand alone (Real) Linux server, on another REAL machine is a computer BLACKDOG running Windows 8.1 and on this machine is a VIRTUAL machine WHITEHORSE running Windows 10. - Computers are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 network connection delay