Windows 10: Network Connectivity connections TO W10 problematic

Discus and support Network Connectivity connections TO W10 problematic in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I've created a SIMPLE TEST network of 3 computers - on computer GYLFI is a stand alone (Real) Linux server, on another REAL machine is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Oct 5, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Network Connectivity connections TO W10 problematic

Hi there

I've created a SIMPLE TEST network of 3 computers - on computer GYLFI is a stand alone (Real) Linux server, on another REAL machine is a computer BLACKDOG running Windows 8.1 and on this machine is a VIRTUAL machine WHITEHORSE running Windows 10. - Computers are NOT in a home network, firewalls switched off and remote accesses all enabled on all machines. All running 64 bit OS'es -- GYLFI==>OPENSUSE Linux 13.1. BLACKDOG===>W8.1 Enterprise, WHITEHORSE==>W10 Enterprise.

From W10 (WHITEHORSE) computer can see and access all resources on GYLFI (Linux) and BLACKDOG (W8.1)

From GYLFI (LINUX) computer can SEE WHITEHORSE and BLACKDOG but can only access resources on BLACKDOG

From W8.1 (BLACKDOG) computer can see GYLFI and WHITEHORSE but can only access resources on GYLFI.

So it looks like W10 can ACCESS network resources but won't allow any INCOMING requests from other machines.

I don't have enough networking knowledge to persue this further so I'm hoping some of you Network gurus might be able to figure out what's wrong. (Now I think I can understand why you guys get paid decently !!!!).

I'll leave this network in place if anybody can suggest further tests for me to do. I can also bring up XP and W7 virtual machines - I've had no problem with connectivity with anything other than the W10 system.

Here's some screenshots. Note the connectivity problem is from computers trying to ACCESS the W10 Machine. The W10 Machine can access the others OK.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 5, 2014

2. Receiver.exe failure

Thank you for response.

The receiver.exe problem is still prevailent, but I managed to restore the network connection. This has been done by using a W10 iso flash method via another computer. Still the receiver.exe problem exist, however the PC is more normal now. I will try to
    use the W10 iso once again to see if there is a necessity for a two stage process. The point is that it on this stage it is impossible to know whether it is a faulty registry or whether the file or connections are the problem. To use W10 on a relatively modern
    computer has been somewhat problematic, but not fatal as what I have described. As you can see, I at least am on internet again. The message of receiver.exe not working is worriyng me, since I don't know possible consequences.

Per BjørnSandvold, Oct 5, 2014
  3. Windows 10 won't make a wireless connection; reports itself "offline"

Original Title: Internet connection

Successful install of W10 on a laptop. Wireless internet connection. Accessed the store, downloaded an app. Two days later, 10 won't make a wireless connection; reports itself "off line". No error messages, The network center in control panel shows
    the available network and displays "not connected". I click "connect", but it fails. Two other W10 machines are on this same (in home) wireless network and they connect just fine. How to trouble shoot?

LarryMcMaster, Oct 5, 2014
  4. badrobot Win User

Have you tried going to all sub-folders and set sharing for each folders?

badrobot, Oct 5, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I created a NEW virtual machine and installed from NEW rather than update -- All working now !!!

Must be something in the UPDATE process -- I'm using BRIDGED rather than NAT for the Virtual NIC - I've tried NAT as well - both work.

Not sure what the update process hoses up -- shows that it's better where possible to INSTALL from NEW rather than upgrade -- bit of a pain though installing all those apps again. I've still got the upgraded VM too on the network as a Test.

I'm not marking as Solved since I really want my UPGRADED version to work rather than do the re-install from Scratch -- however with Virtual machines it's easy to test various configurations.

The W10 Machine can now be accessed both from Windows 8.1 and Linux.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 5, 2014
  6. jlwshere Win User
    I have the reverse problem (recent post) in that I can connect Win 10 to Win 7 but not Win 8.1, but both can connect to Win 10 (Remote DeskTop) Win 8.1 came preinstalled and Win 10 was a clean install. I don't know enough about Virtual machines to know if it would help with my issue, but Since Win 10 can be read from two other machines and connect to one other, I am a loss

jlwshere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Connectivity connections TO W10 problematic - Similar Threads - Network Connectivity connections

2. Bypass Let's connect you to network W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bypass Let's connect you to network W10: Hi all,I initiated the process of "Reset PC / Fresh Start". But now I am stuck on the screen "Welcome to First Orion! Enter your First Orion email." and is asking me for a email:I tried to put my Office365 account, but it says is incorrectI tried to put my Skype Account...
  3. Bypass Let's connect you to network W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bypass Let's connect you to network W10: Hi all,I initiated the process of "Reset PC / Fresh Start". But now I am stuck on the screen "Welcome to First Orion! Enter your First Orion email." and is asking me for a email:I tried to put my Office365 account, but it says is incorrectI tried to put my Skype Account...
  4. Bypass Let's connect you to network W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Formatting a problematic W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formatting a problematic W10: I have an asus laptop with which I messed up and fails to restore to factory settings despite trying to troubleshoot it using various methods.I'd like to format it without re-installing windows or any OS, I just wanna wipe it clean as if I bought it without an OS.How do I do...
  6. Lost home network connections with last W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost home network connections with last W10 update: We have two computers in a home network connected by cable to the same router. A printer is connected by USB to one of the computers. Before the last W10 update in February, the other computer could print to this printer as long as the first computer was turned on. This...
  7. W10, VPN Connection

W10, VPN Connection: Have been trying to use NordVPN on my new Dell laptop but having major connection issues. Sometimes it blocks web sites when it should not but can live with some of that. The biggest connecton issue is after turning off the NordVPN my laptop will not connect to the wireless...
  8. no network connection but connected to internet

no network connection but connected to internet: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 I recently changed my ISP. Now I'm connected to the internet, but Microsoft apps/app store/updates and such say I'm not connected. I've searched the forums and tried every fix I can find. I've reset the network adapter and tried updating the...
  9. network connection latency at w10 start

network connection latency at w10 start: hello w10 Gurus, I'm running win10/x64 on a Dell Optiplex 990 with an Intel 82579 Gigabit Adapter. When i start w10, the Desktop comes up very quickly, but it always takes along time, until i have a Network Connection to my router/Internet. The Client is not connected to a...
  10. W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols

W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols: Hi there It seems that for earlier computers such as XP / W7 or even Linux machines connecting TO a W10 machine causes problems unless you connect via an IP address. Even if you apply the "Fix automatically" it still doesn't work and if you re-try the INCOMING...