Windows 10: Network Data Usage Details - View on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Network Data Usage Details - View on Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Network Data Usage Details - View on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How View Network Data Usage Details on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Network Data Usage Details - View on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Network Data Usage Details - View on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How View Network Data Usage Details on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Network Data Usage Details - View on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information This tutorial will show you how to view the network data usage details of apps from the last 30 days on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings on the Windows 10 Mobile phone, and tap on Network & wireless. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on Data usage. (see screenshot below)

3. Do data usage limit or not.

4. If you do not have a data usage limit set
    A) You will now see an overview of your cellular (ex: AT&T) and Wi-Fi (if available) data usage from the last 30 days. (see screenshots below)

B) Tap on the Usage details link to see app usage.

C) Go to step 6 below when finished.

5. If you do have a data usage limit set
    A) You will now see an overview of your Wi-Fi (if available) data usage, and cellular (ex: AT&T) data usage with how much used, remaining, and time until reset. (see screenshots below)

B) Tap on the Usage details link for cellular (ex: AT&T) or Wi-Fi to see its app usage.

C) Go to step 6 below when finished.

6. If you like, tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 16, 2016
  2. Dude Win User
  3. simrick Win User
    simrick, Oct 26, 2019
  4. dodgybro Win User

Data usage on Windows 10

THE ANSWER YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WANTING

Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and by app usage.

Kindly follow the below steps to reset network data usage back to "ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO" as needed in Windows 10.

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to reset network data usage.

• Temporarily disable your active network adapter(s), or start Windows into safe mode.
    • Open File Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder, and open it.
    • Delete all contents inside the sru folder.
    • Enable your active network adapter(s) again, or start Windows back into normal mode.

This will reset all COUNTERS, I suggest copy pasting the directions into a wordpad doc or the like and keep for whenever you wish to reset manually.

Only counters I used in Windows 7, were the right click properties of my network device. Disconnection of the device deleted all of that sessions counter data, and CC Cleaner was used to clean all cache files from windows etc.

dodgybro, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 10 extreme data usage

Thank you for responding. We would like to request an additional detail so we can further investigate the issue regarding excessive data consumption. Windows 10 normally consumes more data when installing updates to help your PC perform better. To monitor
    the data consumption, may we ask for a screenshot of the App history so we can identify which app is consuming the most data? Follow the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager in the search result.
    • Go to the App history tab and check the data consumption difference between
      Network and Metered Network.

Additionally, you may also find more details by going to the Settings app.

• Open Settings app.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Go to Data usage tab and click the Usage details link to view all data usage per app ( Both built-in and installed )
    • Once you find the culprit, kindly provide us a screenshot.

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How to Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10

Hi Kuriakose,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and by app usage.

Kindly follow the below steps to reset network data usage back to zero as needed in
    Windows 10.

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to reset network data usage.

• Temporarily disable your active network adapter(s), or start Windows into safe mode.
    • Open File Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\sru folder, and open it.
    • Delete all contents inside the sru folder.
    • Enable your active network adapter(s) again, or start Windows back into normal mode.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Network Data Usage Details - View on Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Network Data Usage

2. Add details to files in the detail view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  3. Connect PC to phone mobile data

Connect PC to phone mobile data: Hello Currently, I do not have set up modem for internet connection for my PC. Tho, I really need connection on PC ASAP! I have my mobile data, but i also have Wi-Fi. (Im waiting for my router to be moved and for wires to be cut through and lead to my pc) How can i set it so...
  4. Connect PC to phone mobile data

in Windows 10 Support
    Connect PC to phone mobile data: Hello Currently, I do not have set up modem for internet connection for my PC. Tho, I really need connection on PC ASAP! I have my mobile data, but i also have Wi-Fi. (Im waiting for my router to be moved and for wires to be cut through and lead to my pc) How can i set it so...
  5. GPS data in Explorer details view

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPS data in Explorer details view: Can anyone explain me why in the details view of Explorer it is not possible to find a heading for a new column related to GPS info. It is indeed available in the Properties Tab but it is cumbersome to open it every time for each photo to check. If it was listed in such a...
  6. Network Map Detailed view

Network Map Detailed view: I set up a network when I used Windows 7, which has been inherited when I upgraded to Windows 10. It consists of: my PC, printer (wireless), WDTV, Sonos music thing and two routers. The second router simply extends my wireless cover. In Windows 7, I could display a network...
  7. View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10: How to: View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10 How View Network Data Usage Details in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to view the Wi-Fi and Ethernet network data usage details of apps from the last 30 days on your Windows 10 PC. Microsoft is making...
  8. Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10: How to: Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10 How to Reset Network Data Usage in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a feature to let you view the network data usage of the PC from the last 30 days. The data usage is itemized per type of network (ex: Wi-Fi or Ethernet), and...
  9. Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Data Usage Limit - Set on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Set a Data Usage Limit on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Windows 10 Mobile can help you stay under your data plan limit and look for ways to help you reduce your data usage. After you set...
  10. Viewing images on a mobile phone plugged in and navigating limitations

in Windows 10 Support
    Viewing images on a mobile phone plugged in and navigating limitations: So since updating to Windows 10 (from 7) Ive encountered this problem. Actually I'm not the only one loads of other people seem to have it. When viewing my photos on my Android phone and browsing them on the phone such as the location: This PC\My Phone...