Windows 10: Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

Discus and support Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by putermaker, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager [​IMG]

:)

putermaker, Apr 11, 2016

2. Unknown devices connected to my pc

It is found under network connection, listed as unknown devices connected to my pc. After changing password to FiOS G1100 and also name of network connection I still found an unknown phone and a tablet showing under unknown devices connected to my pc.

Found by looking in "my pc", then "network".

Confused about connected device, Apr 11, 2016
  3. DKLND Win User
    Computer Doesn't Recognize the DVD Drive Since Upgrading to Windows 10

That is correct. In Device Manager. there is no category "DVD/CD-ROM drives".

There is no "Unknown device" showing in Device Manager.

I clicked on each of the items in Device Manager to see the listing under each item and did not find "DVD/CD ROM drives" or "Unknown device" there either.

DKLND, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

Well, oddly enough I managed to resolve this. I removed the devices under Unknown, then attempted to install an external USB wireless device (Realtek chipset). I used the installation disk for Windows 7 since there didn't appear to be one for Windows 10. When the OS set up the new device, it also rescanned and installed the other network devices... Properly this time! I uninstalled the new external device and all seems to be well with the world. I have no idea why this worked.

putermaker, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

1. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Network devices listed

2. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  3. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  4. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. bluetooth not listed under device manager

bluetooth not listed under device manager: is there a way to get bluetooth to show up under the device manager? windows is up to date. i'm guessing i need to reinstall drivers but can't seem to find where to do that. thanks...
  6. Unknown device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown device in device manager: I found an unknown device in device manager. I would like to deactivate it just to be safe as I don't know what it is and I don't seem to need it anyway, but is this the best thing to do? submitted by /u/piisfour [link] [comments]...
  7. Unknown device in network listing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown device in network listing: I noticed a device that I did not recognize in my file explorer Desktop/Network The device named TB-EGARNER (my computer is Simone) Is this familiar to anyone and should I be concerned? [IMG]...
  8. Unknown Devices showing in Device Manager under Other Devices category

Unknown Devices showing in Device Manager under Other Devices category: Hi All, On My Windows 10 Desktop, I am seeing few unknown devices in the Device Manager under Other Devices category. Please help me understand and know which are these devices for. Shown in the image attachment: [img] These devices are confusing, especially Nokia Obex...
  9. unknown device in device manager

unknown device in device manager: Hey guys , I thought I might ask here as I don't seems to be getting a solution on Dells forum . Unknown device ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABA3FF&0 is showing up with a clean install of windows 10 pro on a dell alienware 13 ,2015 model . Any ideas what this is ? Everything is...
  10. Device not listed under Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device not listed under Device Manager: Hello all, I just upgraded to Windows 10; not much problems for me, except one that I really wish I new that before upgrading. Let me just say this; the Windows 10 app on my pc (runing Win7 Ultimate) did not say anything about this issue, that's why I upgraded. Under...