Windows 10: Network discovery will not stay on and Function Discovery wont start

Discus and support Network discovery will not stay on and Function Discovery wont start in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; That's odd, looks like it's not installed? Have you got Client for Microsoft Network ticked on your lan properties? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Galt, Dec 31, 2016.

1. clam1952 Win User

Network discovery will not stay on and Function Discovery wont start

That's odd, looks like it's not installed? Have you got Client for Microsoft Network ticked on your lan properties?

clam1952, Jan 7, 2017
  2. John Galt Win User

Yes...

Network discovery will not stay on and Function Discovery wont start [​IMG]

John Galt, Jan 7, 2017
  3. clam1952 Win User
    Check your services and see if Server is running? Should be Automatic Start, if it is then
    Have a look in regedit and see if this is there and if there is anything in it HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser

clam1952, Jan 7, 2017
  4. John Galt Win User

Services is on automatic and running fine.

There is nothing at that key location.

John Galt, Jan 7, 2017
  5. Railtech Win User
    Make sure the SSDP discovery is enabled as well as UPNP Device Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication

Railtech, Jan 7, 2017
  6. clam1952 Win User
    Something else to check.
    In Turn Windows Features on or Off, make sure there is a tick in smb 1.0/CIFS File sharing support.

clam1952, Jan 7, 2017
  7. John Galt Win User
    I fixed the issue. I booted into safe mode with networking and ran "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" from an elevated command prompt. I rebooted into normal mode and things started working!

John Galt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network discovery will not stay on and Function Discovery wont start - Similar Threads - Network discovery stay

2. Network discovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network discovery: I am using Windows 10. I have set up a disk drive on the Wi-Fi router, but I cannot see it on Windows file explorer under Network. Even though I turn on network discovery, I still cannot see my network devices. Please help! Thank you so much.b...
  3. Network Discovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Discovery: I have a server running windows server 2008 r2 and the network discovery is on. On why windows 10 pc I don't see it. I can see my windows 10 machine on the server-side but not the other way. Any solutions, or suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. submitted by...
  4. Network Discovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network Discovery: Hi I wanted to know more about network discovery and can someone view files when turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-discovery/fe481712-64da-43d8-94af-2b05f88c1d13
  5. network discovery will not stay on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network discovery will not stay on: Once I upgraded to Windows 10 V 2004 OS Build 19041.208, I noticed that my file shares could not be accessed. I went into Network Sharing settings and the Discovery setting was off. I turned it on and did a save, then went right back into the settings and it was off again....
  6. network discovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network discovery: I am trying to add a printer connected to another PC, both win10Pro although I can see the other pc when I try to connect the printer get a message saying contact network admin for permissions. Pc #2 has been shared, same with printer, files and sharing activated, I read...
  7. Network Discovery will not stay on

Network Discovery will not stay on: I have a strange problem and can't find a fix. I've lost the ability to connect to a Win 7 computer on my network. It has worked for a very long time but stopped working after I replaced my SSD on the Win 10 desktop computer. I cloned a new Samsung 860 1TB SSD drive from the...
  8. Network Discovery.

Network Discovery.: Network Discovery. I added a USB memory stick to my router (as suggested by Computer Active) I tried to access it from my laptop by trying \\192.168.1.1 (My router default gateway) as suggested in the article. It came back with Network Discovery must be switched on - - - - -...
  9. Network discovery

Network discovery: Is it safe to leave netwrok discovery on and file sharing off? Because I was just wondering if I should turn it off for my home computer since other devices have had virus before. Can I get a virus if I leave network discovery on and file sharing off, if I have another...
  10. Network discovery don't stay ticked on!

Network discovery don't stay ticked on!: Hi guys, i really hope that here someone can help me! i can't activate network discovery, because the setting don't stay ticked on, i'm on windows 10 and i'm desperate!!! [img] Group Home it's working fine! 53753

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Network discovery will not stay on and Function Discovery is started