Windows 10: Network Drive not accessible from one machine in network

Discus and support Network Drive not accessible from one machine in network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having networking problems since the 1803 update. My network includes 1 desktop and 5 laptops. The desktop is my server and has a drive that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dragonsen, May 26, 2018.

1. dragonsen Win User

Network Drive not accessible from one machine in network

I am having networking problems since the 1803 update. My network includes 1 desktop and 5 laptops. The desktop is my server and has a drive that is shared with all machines. 4 of the laptops can access the 5Ghz wireless network I have. The last laptop can only access the 2.4Ghz due to the age of the machine. Before 1803, I was able to access the network drive with all machines with no problems and had the drive mapped in all of the laptops. Now, I can access the internet but I can't access the network drive. I can't find any other machine on the network. I can't ping any of the machines either. I have verified that SMB 1.0 has been enabled. I also have Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication enabled. I'm currently at a loss on how to resolve this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

dragonsen, May 26, 2018

2. KB3185614 Not allowing Network Shared Drive Access

Hi Nivay,

To address your concern, we would like you to check the following:

• After updating, check your Network profile under Network and Sharing Center, make sure that it is set to Private and not Public.
    • If you are using a third party antivirus software, make sure that the
      Network drive
      is set to Trusted.
    • Ping the network drive and check if you're getting a reply.
    • Access the network drive through it's IP address via run field and not through the existing shortcut, then check if it is accessible.
    • If the network drive is accessible via IP address, we would suggest you to re-map the network drive and delete the previous one that has the red X mark.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, May 27, 2018
  3. KarlWo Win User
    Windows Security blocking access to other network machines

One of my Windows 10 machines has started asking for a username and password to connect to other computers on the network. It won't allow access to any other machines. I can access all the other machines from the other computers on the network. this is
    the only one that won't connect. Thoughts?

KarlWo, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Network Drive not accessible from one machine in network

1. Network Drive not accessible from one machine in network - Similar Threads - Network Drive accessible

2. Cannot access network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access network drive: I have a Surface Go with Windows 10. I have a HDD plugged into my router and have been able to access it through Windows Explorer with no problem. Now it will not appear in Windows Explorer. I can access it with an app on my phone so I know the drive is working. I have tried...
  3. Can't access network drives

Can't access network drives: Hello, I have a very peculiar issue that in my 28 years of experience using Windows, never seen it before. I have two systems: Windows 10 Business on Surface Book 2 Windows 10 Business on VM In both systems I am logged in with the same AzureAD account. Both systems...
  4. Cannot access one specific folder on network drive

Cannot access one specific folder on network drive: Thanks in advance for any help! I have an external drive Buffalo Model: HD-LXU3 hooked up to my Netgear R9000 router. On the drive I have about 7 folders. I shared these folders through the router software. I am able to access all the folders except 1 I have tried...
  5. Permision to access a machine on my network failure

Permision to access a machine on my network failure: I have a small home network, with all the machines running Windows 10, and they're kept up to date. The problem I have is that I need to transfer quite a few files from one to another, as I'm changing the machine my wife uses her existing one is incredibly slow. Clearly it...
  6. Unable to access a network drive

Unable to access a network drive: I have a mapped network drive that I can see but cannot access. The message from " Windows Security" Enter network credentials to :HD name My Computer name Password I have entered my password from my computer. I have tried my network password neither works. I states...
  7. Can't access network drive

Can't access network drive: I did a clean install of 1809 on my secondary system a couple of days ago to get rid of an untraceable problem that caused WD to shut down. The WD problem was solved, but I am now unable to access a drive (E:) from other PCs. Another drive (F:) is immediately accessible on...
  8. Unable to access Network drive

Unable to access Network drive: My laptop cannot open this external hard drive, it always used to. Troubleshooting hasn't helped and a chat didn't resolve anything either. The laptop sees the hard drive on the network but says it cannot open it. Any ideas? ***Title modified from: dlink 26BCD6***...
  9. No network storage access from Windows 10 Pro machine

No network storage access from Windows 10 Pro machine: I have a new PC running Windows 10 Pro and cannot it to my network storage [a 1TB drive connected to my router] just getting the message attached when entering it in explorer. My other W10 and W7 devices and Macs can see it, but not the new machine, Have found topics on this...
  10. Quick Access for Network Drives

Quick Access for Network Drives: I am having problem adding folders from a network drive to the Quick Access. Firstly I can only drag and drop into the QA in explorer, as right clicking option doesn't work and it only allows one folder at a time to be included. Local folders are not a problem and any number...