Windows 10: Network Drivers query.

Discus and support Network Drivers query. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My wife's 64 bit Windows 10 PC has been giving some trouble of late, disconnecting from the Internet for no apparent reason. It is fitted with a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gordon99, Aug 12, 2017.

1. gordon99 Win User

Network Drivers query.

My wife's 64 bit Windows 10 PC has been giving some trouble of late, disconnecting from the Internet for no apparent reason. It is fitted with a USB wireless internet connector. The driver is for a Realtek RTL8811 AU wireless LAN 802 ac USB2 network adapter. I have therefore downloaded and installed an updated Realtek driver from the web and wait to see if that solves the problem.

While looking on Device Manager I noticed there is another device called Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller. Do I need this and if not can I just remove it? The PC and my laptop are on on a home group and I do not have a clue if the Family Controller is necessary for Home Group working. You will note from my description of these items that I am not very computer savvy and for this I apologise.

:)

gordon99, Aug 12, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

queries about networks

And if getting the settings from there isn't possible it's always possible to get them from the network's website. Or failing even that, you can call the operator and have them send them.

grschinon, Aug 12, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - how to uninstall and reinstall network adapter driver without WiFi?

Hi Sunny,

In response to your query, when you uninstall the network adapter driver and restart the computer, Windows will automatically look for stored drivers from your system and get it installed even if there is no network connectivity.

Hope this answers your query.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 12, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Network Drivers query.

Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller is for a wired ethernet connection, you might need it one day, so do not uninstall it *Smile

Note: You can disable it in Device Manager (right click > disable device), but it's not necessary.

Eagle51, Aug 12, 2017
  5. gordon99 Win User
    Many thanks Eagle 51. That fully answers my query.

gordon99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network Drivers query.

1. Network Drivers query. - Similar Threads - Network Drivers query

2. Installing Driver on Lenovo Vantage Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Driver on Lenovo Vantage Query: Hi everyone, I went onto the Lenovo Vantage app and clicked 'check for updates' and the app said downloading and then installing. It turns out it had installed NVIDIA VGA DRIVER, but I didn't find that out until it prompted me to restart and then I went back to the Vantage...
  3. Installing Driver on Lenovo Vantage Query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Driver on Lenovo Vantage Query: Hi everyone, I went onto the Lenovo Vantage app and clicked 'check for updates' and the app said downloading and then installing. It turns out it had installed NVIDIA VGA DRIVER, but I didn't find that out until it prompted me to restart and then I went back to the Vantage...
  4. This is just a Random Query about drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is just a Random Query about drivers: Will my computer give its best with the Intel Drivers Graphicsor the Drivers which are listed as "Recommended" by the manufacturer Dell of the PC?What do you think?...
  5. This is just a Random Query about drivers

This is just a Random Query about drivers: Will my computer give its best with the Intel Drivers Graphicsor the Drivers which are listed as "Recommended" by the manufacturer Dell of the PC?What do you think?...
  6. Query on network share history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query on network share history: Hi,I actually shared a folder which is present on my desktop over a network. Then I opened file explorer > typed \\localhost. I got all the users folder, desktop, downloads, documents etc. I know that these folders which are present in users folder aren't shared. However, i...
  7. Query on network share history

Query on network share history: Hi,I actually shared a folder which is present on my desktop over a network. Then I opened file explorer > typed \\localhost. I got all the users folder, desktop, downloads, documents etc. I know that these folders which are present in users folder aren't shared. However, i...
  8. Logitech Gaming Controller Drivers Query?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Gaming Controller Drivers Query?: I have recently bought and installed the Logitech G X56 H.O.T.A.S. controller to my Windows 10 Home version 2004 OS 19041.572 desktop PC. This was a replacement to my previous Thrustmaster one. Prior to installing it I uninstalled and deleted all the Thrustmaster entries,...
  9. Query related to resetting credentials for network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query related to resetting credentials for network drive: I am using WIN10. network hard computer NHD1 sees in the networks network hard computer NHD2 but upon the initial network computer credential log in I typed the wrong password and had checked to auto log. So I get the error can't access NHD 2. I know the NHD 2 is properly...
  10. Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query: Network and Sharing Center Properties: I've been looking for an alleged domain name like "domain.local 2" and I can't find it anywhere. EXCEPT on Network and Sharing Center Properties under "View your active networks" where I see: "Domain.local 2 Domain network" At issue is the "2". I'm just about convinced...