Windows 10: Network drives no longer show free space text

Discus and support Network drives no longer show free space text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has come across this 'feature' before ? For some reason, its only my network drives that no longer show the amount... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meeces2911, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Network drives no longer show free space text

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this 'feature' before ?
    For some reason, its only my network drives that no longer show the amount of free space remaining under the percentage full bar in the Tile view.

I've tried resetting my views to default as per Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

I'm not really sure what else to try.

Network drives no longer show free space text [​IMG]

:)

meeces2911, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Frn747 Win User

Network drive not showing in elevated apps

Hi everybody,

I am using W10 Home and I have just done a clean install and I am in the process of customizing the system to my needs.

The problem I step into is this:
    I connected a new network drive from within Windows Explorer and if I open:
    - Command prompt window: Drive exist and it is listed by NET USE
    - Admin command prompt window: Drive DOESN'T exist and it is NOT listed by NET USE

I also use FreeCommander. When I launch it the UAC asks for my confirmation and the network drive doesn't show either.

I know it sounds stupid but I can't figure out what happens... *Confused

Thanks!

Frn747, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Network drives no longer show free space text

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Network drives no longer show free space text

1. Network drives no longer show free space text - Similar Threads - Network drives longer

2. Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking: Computers no longer show up on network.: I suddenly have an issue with no computers showing up on the network on one of my computers which us connected via ethernet. A second computer on the ethernet lists all computers but cannot access the first one and a third on wifi lists the first ethernet computer. All...
  3. Windows Explorer showing incorrect free space for internal drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Explorer showing incorrect free space for internal drive: Hi all - I have an internal HDD with ~7gb of used space, but Windows Explorer (and 'Settings > Local Storage') both report the drive as being totally free (see screenshot below) [ATTACH] ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Similarly, in...
  4. Windows Explorer showing incorrect free space for internal drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer showing incorrect free space for internal drive: Hi all - I have an internal HDD with ~7gb of used space, but Windows Explorer (and 'Settings > Local Storage') both report the drive as being totally free (see screenshot below) [ATTACH] ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Similarly, in...
  5. my computer/this pc not showing free space

in Windows 10 Support
    my computer/this pc not showing free space: my computer/this pc not showing free space under one of my hard drives any idea what i do to get it to show it 116724
  6. Freeing Space in this Small Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing Space in this Small Drive: Hi! I've got 1.45GB free of 28.6GB in my computer. How do I free up space (like 6GB more) so I can install a program? I tried to find programs that take up additional spaces but I couldn't find any. Is Windows 10 occupying most of the 28.6GB of this computer? What can I do...
  7. Freeing Space in this Small Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeing Space in this Small Drive: Hi! I've got 1.45GB free of 28.6GB in my computer. How do I free up space (like 6GB more) so I can install a program? I tried to find programs that take up additional spaces but I couldn't find any. Is Windows 10 occupying most of the 28.6GB of this computer? What can I do...
  8. Network drives no longer show free space text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drives no longer show free space text: Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has come across this 'feature' before ? For some reason, its only my network drives that no longer show the amount of free space remaining under the percentage full bar in the Tile view. I've tried resetting my views to default as per...
  9. Finding the free space on a hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding the free space on a hard drive: Is there any application that comes with Windows 10, that will show the hard-drive storage usage and free space? I do not mean an application that will show usage and free space for each partition (disk). Such data is rather inconvenient, when one wants to know how much is...
  10. Missing Free Space in Status bar Network & Local Drives after AU

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Free Space in Status bar Network & Local Drives after AU: Used to be, when I highlight/select a disk in This PC or Network, the status bar at the bottom of the window would show Free Space (and I think total space) on that disk. After AU, all it says in the status bar is "X items 1 item selected". AND on Network drives, if I...