Windows 10: Network Error Message when saving files in Office Programs

Discus and support Network Error Message when saving files in Office Programs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I hope this is the correct forum. I have a Windows 10 desktop with Office 2007 installed. When I save a file from any of the Office programs I receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by paulbasel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. paulbasel Win User

Network Error Message when saving files in Office Programs

I hope this is the correct forum. I have a Windows 10 desktop with Office 2007 installed. When I save a file from any of the Office programs I receive an network error message:

"Windows cannot access \\ASUSMAIN\documents2" The error code is 0x80070043.

ASUSMAIN is the name of my desktop but I don't have a folder anywhere on it with the title of "documents2". I have searched for information on how to delete a network share but haven't been able to find how to do it.

I have a small home network and do not use a Homegroup. I have no trouble accessing the other devices on the network. This error only occurs when saving files with Office programs, not with any other program. It appears to be a network share problem but I am not sure.

It may have something to do with the "Offline editing options for document management server files" in the Office programs options menu because when I try to change the path location and folder, it kicks the same error.

I hope someone can offer some help.

Paul

:)

paulbasel, Jan 26, 2017

2. office 2007 on windows 10

Installation fails, and you receive an error message when you try to install a 2007 Office suite or program, or an Office 2010 suite or program by double-clicking an .msi file: "Error 1713" or "MSI Error 41"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...cking-an-.msi-file-error-1713-or-msi-error-41

Cause

This issue occurs by design in the 2007 Office and Office 2010 products. You cannot install a 2007 Office suite or an individual 2007 Office program, or an Office 2010 suite or individual program by running an .msi file that is provided in the Office suites.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, you must run the Setup.exe file. To do this, locate the Setup.exe file in the root folder of the installation source, and then double-click the file.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Jan 26, 2017
  3. office 2007 on windows 10

Thank you for your efforts. I wonder if this is my thread since I seem to have no problem with windows 2007

AlexSidline, Jan 26, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Check your File location for saved files in all Office programs. That is what looks like a network location, not a folder. I used to set a different folder for each Office program. That way they were not just dumped into Documents.

bro67, Jan 27, 2017
  5. paulbasel Win User
    I have checked the file location for saved files in every Office program and they are all legitimate and none of them are this network location. I don't know where to look to find this network location. If I did I could delete it or replace it, but it doesn't seem to exist.

paulbasel, Jan 27, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    It thinks that there is a network connection to that folder, which could just be from One Drive. You can try running the repair from inside of any of the Office programs. You need to make the change in each Office program for the Save Location. Otherwise you will keep getting that error.

The only other way around it is to uninstall Office, reboot and try it again to see if it will default to your My Documents folder under your User Profile folder.

bro67, Jan 27, 2017
  7. paulbasel Win User
    I looked at my OneDrive and there is no folder named documents2. I also double checked each save location in each Office program and that network address is nowhere to be found and all of them are correct save locations.

I uninstalled MS Office using Revo Uninstaller and reinstalled Office. Same problem.

If I click browse in the "Default file location" the error occurs immediately even though the location is D:\My Documents\. Clicking the browse button in the "Server drafts location" in the offline editing section also kicks the error. However, clicking the browser button in the "AutoRecover file location" doesn't cause the error.

paulbasel, Jan 28, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

Something has to be messing with it. That is odd if you did a complete purge with Revo. Have you tried setting up a new profile as a "Local" user and install Office under that profile?

Try Service Scanner and Minitoolbox to see if that fixes it if sfc /scannow from the Command window does not. It is related to a network share, which could be from a bad registry group that was there if you upgraded from a previous edition of Windows to Windows 10. Publisher page for Farbar
    Last resort would just be a Nuke the drive and do a clean install of Windows 10 with the ISO from microsoft.com. Another tool is "Internet Complete Repair". It is for fixing anything network related. Download Complete Internet Repair - MajorGeeks

What does the command in this show when ran in Powershell? List Shares in Windows w/ PowerShell - krypted.com

bro67, Jan 29, 2017
  9. paulbasel Win User
    @bro67 – Partial success today. Thanks for hanging in there with me. I decided that before I use the tools you suggested, I would try to uninstall and reinstall Office once more.

This time Word now works properly when saving a file, at least the error isn’t kicked. However, if I try to browse one of the Save locations in the options menu the same error occurs. I have left them they way right now.

However, Excel throws a fit immediately when saving a file. I don’t have time today to try your tools suggestions but will look into it tomorrow.

Thanks

paulbasel, Jan 29, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    You may just want to save any documents and such and just nuke the drive and do a fresh install of Windows and Office. The two are so tightly tied together, that it is hard to fix some issues. Especially in how much Microsoft has changed SMB/CIFS.

bro67, Jan 30, 2017
  11. paulbasel Win User
    I'm trying a few other things and if they don't work, I'll format the drive. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

paulbasel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Error Message when saving files in Office Programs - Similar Threads - Network Error Message

2. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  3. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files": Hi, allA customer of ours is having this issue when saving to a network drive area. I have already tried -Updated all drivesInstalled all Windows updatesUpdated EdgeUpdate Adobe AcrobatDone an online Office repairchkdsk C: /fsfc /scannowAny suggestions appreciated....
  4. Error message when saving to a shared network location "There are no more files"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error Message saving software to Program Files folder on C: drive

Error Message saving software to Program Files folder on C: drive: I can't save software in Program Files on my C: drive because I am getting an error saying I am not the administrator. It offers some alternative location. I don't want an alternative location. I want my software programs to reside on my C: drive in Program Files folder where...
  6. Error Message saving software to Program Files folder on C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message saving software to Program Files folder on C: drive: I can't save software in Program Files on my C: drive because I am getting an error saying I am not the administrator. It offers some alternative location. I don't want an alternative location. I want my software programs to reside on my C: drive in Program Files folder where...
  7. Error Message saving software to Program Files folder on C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Error message when trying to open saved files or apps

Error message when trying to open saved files or apps: This file does not have an app associated with it for opening this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the Default Apps Settings Page. It doesn't matter whether it's a PDF, a Word or Excel file...
  9. cannot save files in Office 2016 --message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot save files in Office 2016 --message: "Microsoft Excel cannot access the file 'F:\*************. There are several reasons: * The file name or path does ot exist. *The file is being used by another program. *The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook." This started...
  10. Disk full error message when trying to save a file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk full error message when trying to save a file: Hi, I have the following error message when I try to save a (any) file: [img] According to File Explorer, I have 463 GB HD and 173 GB is free. The disk management has the following information: [img] Please help me find out what eats up my HD. Thank you. 69854