Windows 10: Network Fails for Microsoft Apps Only (Edge, Store, & Store Apps)

Discus and support Network Fails for Microsoft Apps Only (Edge, Store, & Store Apps) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299 Unfortunately, I cannot access the internet using MS Edge and the MS Store fails to open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by visibility, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Network Fails for Microsoft Apps Only (Edge, Store, & Store Apps)

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Unfortunately, I cannot access the internet using MS Edge and the MS Store fails to open. Any networked apps from the MS Store fail (eg. Netflix app). The MS Edge message is "Hmmm... cannot reach this page..." the error is INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND. MS Store simply reports "Check your connection." General networking is fine, so I can access the internet normally using Chrome and Firefox.

Googling shows a number of hits for this and similar problems but of all the numerous steps I've tried, nothing has fixed this problem.

Things I have tried, suggested by others:

# Changed the DNS to 8,8,8,8 - 8,8,4,4 – no difference so changed them back.
    # Ran Network Troubleshooter – all okay.
    # Complete network reset.
    # Cleared DNS cache - ipconfig /flushdns
    # Reset IP settings - netsh int ip reset
    # Refreshed netBIOS names - nbtstat -RR
    # Refreshed Winsoc catalogue - netsh winsock reset
    # Ran Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    # Ran File system checker - sfc /scannow

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

Looking at the CBS.log file, there was a single corrupt file:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscormmc.dll from store

After completing all of the above and rebooting multiple times througout, the problem persists.

This problem may have occurred after an update but otherwise I have no clue as to how it began. That was some weeks ago and I have tolerated the issue until now. I’d rather not have to do a complete Windows reset if I don't have to.

:)

visibility, Mar 10, 2018

2. Element not found error, cannot open settings, store or Edge

I just uninstall only one app(onekey theatre ). dats all.... after that Microsoft Edge & App Store & All settings Menu & Start up window app everything working perfectly...

Prakash Chand J., Mar 10, 2018
  3. Windows Store error code 0x87AF0813

It is Windows Store itself that needs to be updated. Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 is a special type of Windows 10, that does not have all the build-in apps that regular Windows 10 has, it only has Settings, Edge, Store and Calculator as sandbox
    (aka Metro apps), and only Windows Store and Calculator are updated through Windows Store. Already tried Windows apps troubleshooter and it failed to identify the issue, and the internet connection seems fine, as Edge browses normally the web. Windows Store
    says it downloads the update, it finishes, then it starts to install and fails on install. I only use Windows Firewall and Windows Defender as security software, nothing third party. I do not think either are to blame, since the update seems to download fine,
    and it fails on installing, not on downloading, or so it seems.

Lotusisrael, Mar 10, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Network Fails for Microsoft Apps Only (Edge, Store, & Store Apps)

Is IE or edge set to use a proxy as that controls all of them often AV sets it so it can scan but doesnt get removed if you remove or change AV

Samuria, Mar 10, 2018
  5. I don't use proxy settings. Just checked and none have been nefariously added.

visibility, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network Fails for Microsoft Apps Only (Edge, Store, & Store Apps)

1. Network Fails for Microsoft Apps Only (Edge, Store, & Store Apps) - Similar Threads - Network Fails Microsoft

2. apps failed to install form microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps failed to install form microsoft store: I'm unable to install any apps form microsoft store. I get this error code 0x80073CF9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-failed-to-install-form-microsoft-store/42489b6d-6dc3-4dce-8ff3-9318b591387e
  3. apps failed to install form microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps failed to install form microsoft store: I'm unable to install any apps form microsoft store. I get this error code 0x80073CF9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-failed-to-install-form-microsoft-store/42489b6d-6dc3-4dce-8ff3-9318b591387e
  4. apps failed to install form microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Only 3 Microsoft Store apps are not working

Only 3 Microsoft Store apps are not working: I am using windows 10 pro 64bit.Only three apps -feedback hub, your phone, hill-climb racing are not getting installed from the store. Every other app is getting installed without any hassle.The installation process starts and in the process suddenly it shows error and hence...
  6. Any Microsoft Store app fails to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any Microsoft Store app fails to install.: So, I own Java Edition, and wanted to use the RTX shaders of Bedrock Edition. But, the "Install" button does nothing. I can click it, but nothing happens. Every once in a while I get this notification: [ATTACH] But that sure as hell doesn't help. I also tried installing it...
  7. Microsoft store apps crashing ONLY APPS, NOT MICROSOFT STORE ITSELF

Microsoft store apps crashing ONLY APPS, NOT MICROSOFT STORE ITSELF: Self explainatory What i tried: wsreset resetting apps and microsoft store powershell commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-crashing-only-apps-not/cb65e10d-bcf3-4470-8fe2-37729445ff4c"
  8. failing installing app from microsoft store

failing installing app from microsoft store: when I am trying to download youtube from Microsoft store showing that you own that device. but I can't possible to install.Please help this my New laptop...
  9. failed to open Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    failed to open Microsoft Store apps: I'm unable to open Microsoft Store apps. They are even not launching. Any help is appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-open-microsoft-store-apps/9de6d6b7-3ea4-4b0f-aba6-83c29a7adb6c
  10. Microsoft app store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft app store: I am unable to download apps from the store. They are just hanging in the queue, I ran a trouble shoot program and it says that my temp file location was changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-app-store/26272e3e-5958-4666-9cc4-f55864d1a2fc