Windows 10: Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

Discus and support Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rnichols, Nov 17, 2016.

1. rnichols Win User

Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box.

Thank you

:)

rnichols, Nov 17, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Nov 17, 2016
  3. Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Hello MSFT Support,

Where have you gone?...this is a major issue for many loyal customers but as you can tell frustration is setting in with many in the lack of direction from Microsoft. I feel like we are trying various home remedies when the problem is with Microsoft File
    Explorer which we rely on being stable and available.

Having us go to SafeMode is not a solution, also you could create more problems for customers in that BitLocker may come into play, which doesn't appear to be easy way to suspend this in non-Enterprise versions of Win10 before rebooting into SafeMode.

Please give us some direction or when the fix will be implemented?

It would be a real shame if you lose loyal customers to Apple or Google but lack of leadership here may steer many in that direction.

Best Regards!

File Explorer Crash Headaches, Nov 17, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Sounds typical with Explorer. Something has corrupted the system. Run sfc /scannow in a command window.

bro67, Nov 17, 2016
  5. rnichols Win User
    That came back "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

Could it be this Killer NIC in side this machine? The speedtests to the internet are 153MB yet my cell phone and laptop can get 254MB to the internet. So could that be some kind of lag or configuration issue in the NIC?

rnichols, Nov 18, 2016
  6. valihrach Win User
    According to How to fix issues with Killer Lan thread, you may uninstall the Killer Performace Suite and maybe install recent drivers; furthermore, you may disable all fine-tuning options in NIC properties (checksum & large send offloads, auto speed & duplex, etc) and disable power saving of NIC in device manager.

If the problem persists, then restart your switch, replace LAN cables and check again.

valihrach, Nov 18, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Different devices handle wifi packets differently. Could be your cellphone is asking for smaller packets, so faster speeds, because the CRC checks are not so aggressive.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer - Similar Threads - Network File Copies

2. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  3. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  4. File explore keeps crashing will move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explore keeps crashing will move files: File explore keeps crashing will move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-keeps-crashing-will-move-files/45397164-6893-4315-9cec-f5937e17c943
  5. File explore keeps crashing will move files

File explore keeps crashing will move files: File explore keeps crashing will move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-keeps-crashing-will-move-files/45397164-6893-4315-9cec-f5937e17c943
  6. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  7. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  8. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

9. File Explorer crashing when moving files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashing when moving files: File explorer keeps on crashing when I move files. I've tried the clean boot already, and it didn't work. This was the info I got about the problem: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application...
  10. Can't copy/move files using File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't copy/move files using File Explorer: Hi guys, I recently build a new pc and installed Windows Pro on it. Everything is working pretty well, except for 1 thing: I can't move/copy files... Whenever I try to do this screen flickers black for less than a second, and file explorer shuts down without moving or...