Windows 10: Network Folder - Missing one user view after enabling sharing

Discus and support Network Folder - Missing one user view after enabling sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 desktops with Windows 10. On my own desktop (AVP68) I am the only user (admin by default). On the second desktop for family use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SpaceCrime, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Network Folder - Missing one user view after enabling sharing

I have 2 desktops with Windows 10. On my own desktop (AVP68) I am the only user (admin by default).

On the second desktop for family use (HP-P71443) I have 3 users including myself (admin by default). I created the user accounts under my sign on account and enabled sharing one way where I can have access to both user accounts for file sharing. All have access to Public folders.

However, when I view the network folder in the family/HP desktop, I only see myself (jayla) and one other user (prana). I don't see the third user (darsh). See 3 attachments from each user view for this desktop .

Even from on my own desktop (AVP68) in the network folder , I can see the HP desktop and myself("jayla") and "prana" only. See 1 attachment from own desktop user view.

I don't think I need to go under "darsh" user's account and tinker with settings which doesn't make sense as I did nothing under "prana" user account. Why is "darsh" user missing from the folder view under my admin account (jayla)? The other use account (prana) is visible.

Appreciate if anyone can help.

Jay.

:)

SpaceCrime, Feb 23, 2016
  2. Arun B J Win User

Network Folder - Missing one user view after enabling sharing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to remove and re-configure the home group and check if it helps.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Home Group troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab2&v2h=win7tab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 23, 2016
  3. AVP68 Win User

Hi,

I think you misunderstood my problem. I did not even mention homegroup.

I don't want to use homegroup.

This was working well when the family desktop was running Win 8.1.

Jay.

AVP68, Feb 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Network Folder - Missing one user view after enabling sharing - Similar Threads - Network Folder Missing

2. Share tab missing for folder in network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share tab missing for folder in network drive: Hi all,Need help. Tried the methods listed below in the previous thread but to no avail.Also tried to check if {f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6} is blocked but only have approved and cached only in my registry.Anyone has a solution?Thanks in advance.Method 1: Registry...
  3. Share tab missing for folder in network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share tab missing for folder in network drive: Hi all,Need help. Tried the methods listed below in the previous thread but to no avail.Also tried to check if {f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6} is blocked but only have approved and cached only in my registry.Anyone has a solution?Thanks in advance.Method 1: Registry...
  4. Share tab missing for folder in network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot get to network share folder on one PC with same user account

Cannot get to network share folder on one PC with same user account: I have a small network - 4 pc's on a LAN. Nothing fancy. Created two users. One with local admin rights on each pc and one without. User ABC/local admin can log onto Network share on PC 1 & 2. Same user-ABC/local admin cannot log onto share on PC 3. It says "you do...
  6. Sharing Folders with a specific User on Private Network

Sharing Folders with a specific User on Private Network: I need help in adding a specific user to the sharing of folders. The user is on my WIFI network on another Win 10 Home PC. My wife's PC is \\XPS8500\Bonnie but when I try adding it, it is not accepted. Can you help me figure out how to add her as a sharing partner on my...
  7. User folder in network sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User folder in network sharing: [ATTACH] Hello, i want to ask, my network folder showing 'Users' and if i delete this folder from Computer Management > Shared Folder > Shares, will it damage the system or user? Thank you....
  8. Users can't access to the shared network folder

Users can't access to the shared network folder: Hello, One of the user can't access to the "old" shared folder. It's weird, because i've created group "test" and "new" folder to share. Both old and new one folder got "test" group in the Security Tab (Full Control). And now. Old one say's - you dont have permission...
  9. Network User Folder Sharing Not Working

Network User Folder Sharing Not Working: I have four computers, two brand new, with brand new installations of Windows 10 Pro. I have all file sharing features that I can find turned on properly. Private network elected on all computers. Network detection on. Sharing of folders on. I confirmed sharing by...
  10. Two user sharing one folder

Two user sharing one folder: Hi all, If 2 users both use the same folder to do work on, and 1 user account is deleted, will it delete that folder so as the other user will loose everything in there ? 115796