Windows 10: Network icon in system tray says I'm not connected, but I am.

Discus and support Network icon in system tray says I'm not connected, but I am. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a new IBM Lenovo about a month ago that was running Windows 8.1. Before doing anything I immediately upgraded it Windows 10. When I hover over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by morton765, Feb 18, 2016.

1. morton765 Win User

Network icon in system tray says I'm not connected, but I am.

I got a new IBM Lenovo about a month ago that was running Windows 8.1. Before doing anything I immediately upgraded it Windows 10. When I hover over the network icon it says "Not Connected-Connections Available." The thing about it is, is that I am connected to the network and the Internet. I did update the network card driver today. I thought that would solve the problem, but I'm at a loss. It wasn't really a big deal until I wanted to connect to twitter and the weather apps that pop up when you click the Windows button in the lower left corner. Any help is appreciated! Click submit

:)

morton765, Feb 18, 2016

2. Wi-Fi icon missing from system tray

Thank you for reply...

1st method is not useful at all because network icon is there and I am able to connect to internet through ethernet cable but wifi icon is not available in system tray as well in network connection folder.

method 2 still not helful

RukuGurung, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Win 10 wifi connected but wrong notification icon displayed

I'm connected to the internet using wifi. The system tray shows a rectangle icon instead of the wifi icon. when I hover on the icon it shows the name of the wifi connection and I have internet access. I've tried troubleshooting the network but I'm told
    everything is working properly.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Mario LaValva, Feb 18, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Disable Windows from updating Device drivers, uninstall network device, reinstall after rebooting. Also unplug the Router/Gateway, wait about a minute and plug it back in and things should work.

The only other item that can cause this is third party network security software.

bro67, Feb 18, 2016
  5. morton765 Win User
    I did all of that and disabled McAfee firewall. It still says the same thing and now has the yellow triangle exclamation point, but I am connected to the Internet.

morton765, Feb 19, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Uninstall McAfee completely. Even though it is disabled, there are processes still running that are protecting the network connection via a Proxy. Go through the steps in this tutorial. DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums If wired connection, try a different cable and port. Also do ipconfig /flushdns and netsh winsock reset. At Bleepingcomputer.com go into their downloads area and put Farbar in the Search. You want to download Service Scanner and Minitoolbox.

Only check in Minitoolbox Flush DNS, Reset IE & FF Proxy boxes. Then reboot. The other thing is with the adapter, do a complete uninstall of the device and drivers, then install the driver from the chipset manufacturer website. If Realtek, you can go to realtek.com.tw to download the latest chipset driver.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network icon in system tray says I'm not connected, but I am. - Similar Threads - Network icon system

2. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network icon in the system tray: This is strange — I was having an issue with my cable service. The cable/wire to the house had to be replaced. Once the physical wire was replaced, the cable modem initializes and my devices connected. My phone connected via wi-fy and my roku connected via ethernet...
  3. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network icon in the system tray: This is strange — I was having an issue with my cable service. The cable/wire to the house had to be replaced. Once the physical wire was replaced, the cable modem initializes and my devices connected. My phone connected via wi-fy and my roku connected via ethernet...
  4. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network connection icon in tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network connection icon in tray: Starting from yesterday, while I'm connected to the internet, the tray icon says I'm not "No internet access" icon.I logged off/on to my account, I turned off/on my laptop, to no avail...Any thoughts?...
  6. Network connection icon in tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connection icon in tray: Just from yesterday, while I'm connected to the internet, the tray icon says I'm not "No internet access" icon.I logged off/on to my account, I turned off/on my laptop, to no avail...Any thoughts?...
  7. Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected

in Windows 10 News
    Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected: [ATTACH]If after you upgrade or update your Windows 10 and you notice that the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) on the notification area/system tray on […] This article Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  8. Computer icon in system tray says 'Not Connected'

Computer icon in system tray says 'Not Connected': I have installed Office 365 on my computer. However, when I go to activate it on Word, it says it can't because I'm not connected to the internet. This is a problem with my device that I can't figure out how to fix. I am connected to WiFi and can access anything online....
  9. System Tray icon for Network Access

System Tray icon for Network Access: I see the speaker icon next to the ethernet in your picture. I looked again and I believe you are correct. That is the speaker icon.
  10. System Tray Icons and network connections

System Tray Icons and network connections: One good result (consequence?) of this is that that sleep function is behaving better. Weird.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Im connected to the internet using wifi. The system tray shows a rectangle icon instead of the wifi icon

2. network icon in tray says no internet

3. system tray shows no internet yet I can still connect

4. no internet Icon in system tray even though I am connected,
  5. system tray no internet even though i do,
  6. onedrive says im not connected to network but i am,
  7. network icon not connected,
  8. system try says unknown network while connected,
  9. network status says not connected but i am,
  10. network icon system try says not connected